missmyfiance

NAO2 Approved, NVC approved, package arrived to embassy, my fiance was contacted!!!!!!!!!!!!NEED HELP WITH COUPLE QUESTIONs

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I have my I129F visa approved from Vermont office and NVC and was sent to the embassy. The embassy contacted my fiance and told her to fill out all the paper work and do her medical examination and once she is done...send an email to the embassy and they will make an appointement.

Question: when I sent the paper work to Vermont, I sent more documents such as I134 "affidivit of support", bunch of photos, my fiance police and indivisual recorded translated. I knew what they are going to ask for and I had them done earlier ...so I decided to send them with my application to Vermont. Now they gave her a list of documents that she needs to have for the interview and some of these documents have been sent with the application.

Do I need to redo them? When u send a file to vermont or any office...do they send or transfer the whole file to the right embassy? I really don't want to take a chance for them to ask my fiance for more documentation.

Anyone gone through this situation?????/

please let me know

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Sounds like you got ahead with all the documents that were for the Consulate's interview.

IMO, your fiance should get all her documents again (police records, birth certificate, etc.) and she needs to follow the instructions that the Consulate gave her. You'll also need another I-134 and have it notarized. They may have all the documents on their files, but some documents must have a recent date close to the interview date. For example: in my country police records need to be presented within 6 months from the time they were issued.

It is very important to follow the instructions, they are given to you for a good reason ;)

You can read the flowchart to know what to send and when: K-1 Flowchart

Edited by eric_and_teresa

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Sounds like you got ahead with all the documents that were for the interview.

IMO, your fiance should get all her documents again (police records, birth certificate, etc.) and she needs to follow the instructions that the Consulate gave her. You'll also need another I-134 and have it notarized. They may have all the documents on their files, but some documents must have a recent date close to the interview date. For example: in my country police records need to be presented within 6 months from the time they were issued.

It is very important to follow the instructions, they are given to you for a good reason ;)

You can read the flowchart to know what to send and when: K-1 Flowchart

Agreed. I think you jumped the gun a little bit. Remember, it this convoluted bureaucracy we refer to as immigration, so there are several different "hands in the pot", so to speak. USCIS, part of the Dept. of Homeland Security, takes care of the initial processing. Once its approved, its sent to the Consular Affairs and NVC, part of the Dept. of State. The Embassy has their own rules and regulations that they must verify, so you will probably have to redo most of the checks. Also, its my understanding that most police checks are valid for a specific amount of time, between 30 to 180 days, depending on the country.

I don't think there is a chance to recover any of the documents you sent in with your petition either...or at least in enough time. I remember talking to a former USCIS officer on this website who said that only the basic petition is electronically forwarded to the NVC and embassy. USCIS retains the evidence and hard copy of the petition and sends it to the NRC (National Records Center) where I assume it is archived or stored so it can be used later for AOS processing.

I-130/CR1 visa

04/23/2007--NOA1 Date from CSC

10/15/2007--NOA2 Date, FINALLY!!

I-129F/K-3 visa

05/23/2007--NOA1 date, currently at NBC (MSC)

10/15/2007--APPROVED!!! (NOA2 Date)

11/09/2007--I-129F petition forwarded to U.S. Embassy in Lima, Peru

12/12/2007--interview in Lima, Peru...VISA APPROVED!!!

12/26/2007--POE was Miami, FL and final destination was Charlotte, NC

I-485/AOS and I-765/EAD

3/18/2008--NOA1 Date from MSC

4/08/2008--biometrics appointment

5/07/2008--I-765/EAD approved

5/14/2008--EAD received in the mail (albeit wrong birth year)

9/30/2008--AOS Interview...AOS APPROVED and I-551 stamped in Passport!!!

Filed: Timeline

Hey missmyfiance,

You weren't supposed to send the I-134, etc. to any of the service centers. They don't deal with that. You were only supposed to include what is required. The photos and proof and evidence of relationship and meeting, etc. was required and you sent that. The police, medical and I-134, etc., was not required and they probably just threw it away.

You should contact the embassy and ask them what you should do. They';; probably tell you that you have to get all this paperwork again. If they have your paperwork, as in your medical reports, police, etc., basically everything you weren't supposed to send yet, then you need to see how long it's valid for. You need to see how long the police report is valid for. If it is invalid now, they you need to have her get it again. Same goes with the medical. If it's invalid now then you need to get it again.

After the VSC or CSC is done then they send the approved petition to NVC, and from NVC they send it to the proper embassy. There is a chance VSC saw your extra paperwork and threw it away, but there's also a chance that they kept it included in the packet but didn't look at it, so this is why you need to see if all the papers are still valid.

Good luck

I have my I129F visa approved from Vermont office and NVC and was sent to the embassy. The embassy contacted my fiance and told her to fill out all the paper work and do her medical examination and once she is done...send an email to the embassy and they will make an appointement.

Question: when I sent the paper work to Vermont, I sent more documents such as I134 "affidivit of support", bunch of photos, my fiance police and indivisual recorded translated. I knew what they are going to ask for and I had them done earlier ...so I decided to send them with my application to Vermont. Now they gave her a list of documents that she needs to have for the interview and some of these documents have been sent with the application.

Do I need to redo them? When u send a file to vermont or any office...do they send or transfer the whole file to the right embassy? I really don't want to take a chance for them to ask my fiance for more documentation.

please let me know

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Sorry to say this, but it's best to get all the documents listed by the embassy. They may or not have copies, but do you want to risk it? They expect your fiance to come prepared with all the documents. It's a little more leg work, but it's better than holding up the case or even be rejected. Btw, federal angecies are not going to throw the docs away, even if there were not needed, but who knows where they are... did they stay uscis, nvc or forwarded to embassy.

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

please let me know

Congratulations on your progress! It's always good for your fiance to have everything, even if they claim to have it. Better safe than sorry!

Could you update your timeline so everyone checking the statistics can share your joy?

Thanks!

Joe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.