Europeanboy

Got my conditional resident card, my wife might be pregnant from other man!

52 posts in this topic

I got my conditional resident card in Feb, 2008. Me and my wife love each other a lot but we started arguing due to waiting for my immigration paperwork EAD first and then the green card because I did not have a job I was not authorized to work. I started a job at a store (overnight) but that was not enough to cover our bills because she was not working too. We are expecting a baby now and she thought that I had to take care of everything. Last year I worked as a waiter and I was making good money. A little bit after We filed my AOS paperwork with USCIS my visa expired with the company I worked for and I had to quit and wait for my EAD because they knew It was expiring. Even without EAD I started looking for other restaurant job because I knew it would be forgiven but it was off-season and hard to find a good one. That’s why after three months I started at a store overnight shift. Two months after I got my EAD and started to look for a second job in Jan, 08. I couldn’t go back to the company I worked for because of personal reasons and I started looking for other place except the overnight store which I hate. A week ago we were arguing again and the truth was REVEALED she is not sure if the baby is MINE that happened because she said she had felt lonely when I was working overnight . The father might be our mutual friend and my co-sponsor!!! What a nightmare! :crying: I did want to kill them. I really wanted to wake up and find out that it was not true but it WAS. I’ve got a good job at a restaurant this week. She finally started a job too. I still love her and want to forgive her but now what… The thought of this baby being not mine is killing me. What about the birth certificate?, What about I-751 petition to remove conditions after 2 years with a baby who might not be mine?! Birth certificate with a different father probably? What is USCIS gonna say? Do I need to look for another sponsor if I divorce now? We still live together but I think I will file for divorce she wouldn’t blame me If I do it but I will still live with her because I love her… WHAT SOULD I DO?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You don't need another sponsor - your friend's sponsorship obligations didn't end when he slept with your wife.

Not sure about the birth certificate - you might want to do a paternity DNA test to be certain that baby isn't yours.

In any case, if your wife decides to put another man's name on the birth cert, I wouldn't send it in as evidence. B)

As for everything else, it's business as usual - as long as you stay married.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think you need to decide if you want to stay with her because, as you said, you love her. If you don't want to stay, then find out the steps, but make that determination first. There's no point finding out the steps of removing conditions while married if you cannot wait until they are removed to get divorced.

Think about it first.

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Timeline
At our interview we showed the pregnancy center examination paper as an evidence!

That's great. Now the interview is over and what you showed there is irrelevant.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

At our interview we showed the pregnancy center examination paper as an evidence!

That's great. Now the interview is over and what you showed there is irrelevant.

WHY? Pregnancy is one of the best evidences you could have. How could I have known? :wacko:

Timeline
WHY? Pregnancy is one of the best evidences you could have. How could I have known? :wacko:

Why do you care what evidence you presented during your AOS interview? The AOS stage of your

visa journey is over - your AOS application has been approved - you're now a permanent resident

and that's that. All you have to worry about now is removing the conditions of residence when the

time arrives (either in Dec 2009 or as soon as you get divorced, whichever is the soonest.)

When you file your application to remove the conditions of residence (Form I-751), you can pick

and choose whatever evidence you think is appropriate to convince the USCIS that your marriage

is bona-fide (assuming you're still married) or was entered into in good faith (if you're divorced.)

Timeline
What If they keep my evidence and when/if called for a second interview they ask for it. Yes, we are married but I am not the father! :blink:

1) There is no second interview.

2) They don't pull up your I-485 file when adjudicating the I-751.

Edited by mawilson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Before you jump over board. I would get a DNA test before you make a quick decision.

If it comes back as your not the father, I would think she would maybe do it again. Her excuse is BS.

I would think divorce would be in order and I would not pay child support. I would adjust my own staus and prove it was legit and use the DNA test results as proff she cheated on you.

if you are the father, then that is good. Just proced as planed

Yogi

Timeline
Before you jump over board. I would get a DNA test before you make a quick decision.

If it comes back as your not the father, I would think she would maybe do it again. Her excuse is BS.

I would think divorce would be in order and I would not pay child support. I would adjust my own staus and prove it was legit and use the DNA test results as proff she cheated on you.

Excellent advice, Yogi.

Filed: Timeline
We still live together but I think I will file for divorce she wouldn’t blame me If I do it but I will still live with her because I love her… WHAT SOULD I DO?[/color][/size]

If you still love her, why would you divorce? This matter of a child fathered by another individual, while disconcerting and a test of the strength of your marriage and trust, has no bearing on immigration directly.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Yogi

Thanks, Yogi your answer makes sense. We are gonna make DNA test If He/She is mine I am going to be very happy if not I am gonna file for a divorce and still live with her and live is gonna show because I am still very young and I would like to have my own kinds. I will see my attorney and speak with him. I would feel like a loser :unsure:

Get a DNA Test.

DNA test fails get the heck out of there.

Feb 2005 - APPROVED for K1 Visa

June - 2005 - Moved to the USA =)

Apr - 2006 - APPROVED AOS Without Interview!!

Feb - 2008 - REMOVAL of conditions!!!!!

02/20/2008 - Package was sent to TSC.

02/25/2008 - Package confirmed received at TSC.

Disclaimer: Hey, YOU! I AM NOT A LAWYER, Everything I say is my opinion based on MY EXPERIENCE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.