iteachkids81

RCMP check from 2 provinces?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys. I just got my packet three in the mail and I was wondering

I lived in a few different cities in Alberta, as well as now here in Ottawa

If I go to an RCMP here in Ontario, can they do the check for all the cities in Alberta I lived in or do I physically need to go to Alberta to be able to get those done?

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I 29F sent to VSC FEB 7, 2008 (K1)

Packet 3 recieved in May sometime

Medical done June 10/08

Packet 3 documents completed and sent out July 08/ 08

Packet 4 received July 28 (letter dated July 21)

Interview Aug 15, 2008 APPROVED!!!!!!!

Received Visa in mail Aug 20!

Moved to NY Dec 6, 2008!!!

Wedding Feb 28, 2009

Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization and Advanced Parole Forms all sent to chicago- Mar 12/09

Received Mar 16/09

NOAs for all dated Mar 20/09

HONEYMOON in DisneyWorld: Mar 21-29

Biometrics appt: Apr 8/09

"Welcome to USA" Letter received May 19/09

Green Card received May 26/09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
Ditto. You can either go to the RCMP detachment or to your local police station (and ask for a Canada wide name check using the CPIC database). Quick tip: if you go to the suburbs, things are usually quicker. I got mine in St. Albert right outside Edmonton in record time :)

thanks, I'm in Ottawa and rely on city bus for transportation, but its going to be a while anyway, since I assume I still need Ontario health care to get the medical examination, which means I have to get it in gear to actually apply for that too.

did it cost anything for the RCMP Check?

Medical done June 10/08

Wedding Feb 28, 2009

Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization and Advanced Parole Forms all sent to chicago- Mar 12/09

Received Mar 16/09

you can't get your medical done through your regular doctor

it has to be done at approved clinics.

you get the list in your packet 3

and it's not free

------------------------------------------------------------------

yes, there's a fee for the rcmp check

i'm sure someone will post how much it is shortly

Edited by liz_legend 'n Ol
vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Timeline
you can't get your medical done through your regular doctor

it has to be done at approved clinics.

you get the list in your packet 3

and it's not free

------------------------------------------------------------------

yes, there's a fee for the rcmp check

i'm sure someone will post how much it is shortly

i know, i read the packet, there are 2 docs here i can go to , but I still dont have ontario health care, which I thinkI would need dont you think? or would my alberta health care be fine (ive been in ontario since november, no need to see a doc since)

i'm certainly not expecting any of this to be free. its an expensive process!

Medical done June 10/08

Wedding Feb 28, 2009

Received Mar 16/09

i know, i read the packet, there are 2 docs here i can go to , but I still dont have ontario health care, which I thinkI would need dont you think? or would my alberta health care be fine (ive been in ontario since november, no need to see a doc since)

i'm certainly not expecting any of this to be free. its an expensive process!

I'm not understanding..

What would you need ontario health care for with regards to your visa process?

As long as you have records of your vaccine history (from anywhere) you're fine when you go to the doctors that are approved.

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, the immigration examination is not covered by OHIP so it doesn't make a difference if you have Ontario Health coverage or not - you have to pay for the exam yourself. I don't know if your Alberta health plan will cover it either - I believe it isn't covered by any provincial health plan. What you can do, though, is if you need any of the vaccinations you can get them done before your immigration medical and they should be covered by your provincial health plan. As well, you should be eligible for OHIP by now - there is only a 90 day/3 month waiting period to qualify (unless they changed it recently).

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well what is it? 90 days or 3 months? lol ya too bad ur provincial health coverage doesn't cover the tab!! I'm pretty sure the $$ the Dr makes is pure under the table $$$$$ as most only accept cash, well at least the Dr in Halifax that was the case!! And lik eht other stated 1 Police check is all thats required, just ensure it is done Canada wide and in al the names you have used!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
No, the immigration examination is not covered by OHIP so it doesn't make a difference if you have Ontario Health coverage or not - you have to pay for the exam yourself. I don't know if your Alberta health plan will cover it either - I believe it isn't covered by any provincial health plan. What you can do, though, is if you need any of the vaccinations you can get them done before your immigration medical and they should be covered by your provincial health plan. As well, you should be eligible for OHIP by now - there is only a 90 day/3 month waiting period to qualify (unless they changed it recently).

Well that actually makes sense and saves me from needing the OHIP ASAP. (although I figure I should get it anyway)

Do you know how much it cost for the medical? And Where I would get copies of my vaccines if I don't have the little card they are all written on? (I know its somewhere, likely already in NY in my stuff....) but not accessible to me at the moment.

thank you so much :star:

Medical done June 10/08

Wedding Feb 28, 2009

Received Mar 16/09

Filed: Timeline
did it cost anything for the RCMP Check?

I paid $35 at my local police detachment.

And Where I would get copies of my vaccines if I don't have the little card they are all written on? (I

Each Province has a health office that keeps the records. (Assuming you were immunized in Canada.) Give them a call. Ottawa doesn't charge for the Ontario records.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My police check was $30 Canadian and medical was $175 US. The immigration Dr. gave me my booster for free and filled out the vaccination form. I had my medical in London Ontario though. You should be able to check and see if either of the doctors listed have websites and what their fees are.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.