Ms. Hellwig

This does not help

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hate when people abuse the system. Every time someone complains about some forms or procedures they find overly complicated, I say it's because of those who went before us and abused the system. You can thank them.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It hurts all of us and makes it harder to file. There was a ring busted last week or two ago in Florida and another in LA in California with an English learning school - sex slave trade -sham marriages to get Eastern European women into the USA. Then there was the Navy servicemen scandal of sham marriages just last week that was reported on.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/17/navy.brides/index.html :angry:

It hurts all of us and makes it harder to file. There was a ring busted last week or two ago in Florida and another in LA in California with an English learning school - sex slave trade -sham marriages to get Eastern European women into the USA. Then there was the Navy servicemen scandal of sham marriages just last week that was reported on.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/17/navy.brides/index.html :angry:

They sure got what they deserved for sure OUCH!! I feel very bad for the Chinese community who are infact genuine with their K1 journeys to a USC. It's quite sad.

Just figure how long those 20 cases took to process...and how many people were held up because of them...

They deserve a worse punishment than they will probably receive....

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: Timeline

To be Devil's Advocate, the law doesn't define what constitutes a marriage insomuch as 'needing love' etc....if someone wants to petition someone to come over, they meet the req's, then it's all gravy afaic.

Better than the non-USC duping the USC then leaving as soon as the GC comes in. Oh wait, that never happens!

To be Devil's Advocate, the law doesn't define what constitutes a marriage insomuch as 'needing love' etc....if someone wants to petition someone to come over, they meet the req's, then it's all gravy afaic.

That's not exactly what "Bona Fide" means

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

That's not exactly what "Bona Fide" means

bona fide in what way? I have a bona fide relationship with my employer.

For some couples, this just is callin it as it is....taking the romance out of the equation for a sec (which romance and love are not reqs for a K1 or 3), what difference is marrying someone for citizenship benefit to marrying someone cos you know (s)he'll do XYZ for you? With most marriages, I'm assuming both parties each benefit from the arrangement.

I'm not necessarily saying that it's the right or moral thing to do...but there are tons of peeps where 'love' is not the driving force in a bona fide relationship...think outside the box a little.

what difference is marrying someone for citizenship benefit

*that* would be an abuse of immigration laws

to marrying someone cos you know (s)he'll do XYZ for you?

*this* has nothing to do with immigration

The issue, simply put, is that a marriage can be entered into with bonafide intentions for many reasons aside from love. Financial, security, cultural etc. The INA stipulates that in order to meet the bonafide test, the alien must have more than residency as a motive for marrying a USC.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.