Jump to content

does my fiance have to be in states to file k-1 for me?please help


4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Country: Pakistan


I have a couple of questions but first a bit of background about us.Im a pakistani student in the uk and i have been living in the uk for past several years.Me and my girlfriend who is from states want to go ahead with the K-1 route but we are confused about couple of things,it wud be a great help if you guys can clearup the confusion.

1. First of all can me and my girlfriend apply for the K-1 while she in in the uk with me or does she have to be in states.

2. And if we can start the k-1 with both of us in the uk,will it effect the timeline of our process or make things more complicated?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: Other Country: China
You can mail it from the UK..but you will have to use an US address for the petitioner.

And the petitioner will need to qualify as sponsor or have a co-sponsor. UK income would not be considered unless it would continue from the same source after returning to the US.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary

How long have you lived in the UK? Are you sure that a DCF is not a possibility?

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1


(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...