zidanechris

Fiancee/Spouse Visa's

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Begging For Your Help!

I am a uk citizen with a American fiancée we have know each other for 2 years & engaged for 10 months, we have spent 3 weeks together in Florida and she has been to the uk twice, once for 6 months and again for 4 months both on a vistors visa. She arrived in the uk to visit on the 19th April 2008 only to be refused entry because she said we are planning to get married in the future. So now she has to have a fiancée visa to return, which as I understand is only valid for 6 months and then we have to prove our marriage and apply for a spouse visa, which I understand can be expensive, so what I would like to know is, can I go to America with a tourist visa, marry her, come back to the uk alone and then apply for a spouse visa so she can come here?

Begging For Your Help!

I am a uk citizen with a American fiancée we have know each other for 2 years & engaged for 10 months, we have spent 3 weeks together in Florida and she has been to the uk twice, once for 6 months and again for 4 months both on a vistors visa. She arrived in the uk to visit on the 19th April 2008 only to be refused entry because she said we are planning to get married in the future. So now she has to have a fiancée visa to return, which as I understand is only valid for 6 months and then we have to prove our marriage and apply for a spouse visa, which I understand can be expensive, so what I would like to know is, can I go to America with a tourist visa, marry her, come back to the uk alone and then apply for a spouse visa so she can come here?

Are you talking about immigrating to the UK?

This site is primarily for people immigrating to the United States.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Begging For Your Help!

Yes but he still can do what he suggests, except unless he's overstaying the leave given to VWP visits, he won't need a visa. USA has fiance visa but they are for foreigners intending to immigrate to the US. The visa facilitates the immigration and requires the marriage but if the foreigner can get here on some other visa, they can marry and leave without any special visa.

The caution is, you don't want to mention you're coming to the USA to get married because you could also be turned away. I would suggest giving a more general truthful answer, like simply "pleasure" or "vacation" (a honeymoon is a kind of vacation) or visiting family and friends.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Yes but he still can do what he suggests, except unless he's overstaying the leave given to VWP visits, he won't need a visa. USA has fiance visa but they are for foreigners intending to immigrate to the US. The visa facilitates the immigration and requires the marriage but if the foreigner can get here on some other visa, they can marry and leave without any special visa.

The caution is, you don't want to mention you're coming to the USA to get married because you could also be turned away. I would suggest giving a more general truthful answer, like simply "pleasure" or "vacation" (a honeymoon is a kind of vacation) or visiting family and friends.

:thumbs:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline
Begging For Your Help!

Thank You Very Much for your hasty and positive response to my post at a time in need for me & her, sorry to be a pain but do you think I will or my fiancée will need to prepare any paper work before our wedding or will I just need all my ID with me?

Timeline
Begging For Your Help!

Yes I am, sorry if this is the wrong place but, I m sad mad and a whole lot of other things right now!

Filed: Timeline
Thank You Very Much for your hasty and positive response to my post at a time in need for me & her, sorry to be a pain but do you think I will or my fiancée will need to prepare any paper work before our wedding or will I just need all my ID with me?

You will need to check the State marriage requirements for where you plan on marrying. Each State is different. Also check this link for tips on visiting.

iagree.gif

Begging For Your Help!

Yes I am, sorry if this is the wrong place but, I m sad mad and a whole lot of other things right now!

Yes I can imagine given the circumstances.. listen to pushbrk, he knows what he's talking about. Good luck with what you guys decide to do :thumbs:

Timeline

You will need to check the State marriage requirements for where you plan on marrying. Each State is different. Also check this link for tips on visiting.

Thank You, what am I loooking for in the state requirements?

Begging For Your Help!

Yes I can imagine given the circumstances.. listen to pushbrk, he knows what he's talking about. Good luck with what you guys decide to do :thumbs:

Thank You for your kind words.

Begging For Your Help!

Thank You for your kind words.

Your welcome mate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You need to find out what the requirements are for the state or county you will be marrying in. As stated previously, and as you've learned, it's probably best not to offer any more information than the poe officer asks. If you are asked, of course, it's always advisable to tell the truth. Be sure you bring PLENTY of proof that you plan on returning to the UK.

As a side note, my fiance was denied entry into the U.S. last September (after having lived together for a year and a 1/2) so belive me when I tell you that I know how you are feeling. Gather what you need to and get it going asap. Time will pass quickly and soon you will be together again....and be able to stay that way!

good luck

timeline.jpg

Timeline
You need to find out what the requirements are for the state or county you will be marrying in. As stated previously, and as you've learned, it's probably best not to offer any more information than the poe officer asks. If you are asked, of course, it's always advisable to tell the truth. Be sure you bring PLENTY of proof that you plan on returning to the UK.

As a side note, my fiance was denied entry into the U.S. last September (after having lived together for a year and a 1/2) so belive me when I tell you that I know how you are feeling. Gather what you need to and get it going asap. Time will pass quickly and soon you will be together again....and be able to stay that way!

good luck

Thankyou your words help

Filed: Timeline

You had asked what paperwork you require. Each State, and even each County in each State, has a different requirement as to paperwork. So, for instance, if you are getting married in Marion County in the State of Florida you would go here to see what the requirements are.

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

good luck

Thankyou your words help

Right, just have your fiance go to her county clerk's office marriage license window and ask what you'll need to bring. You may also be able to see the requirements on the county's website.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.