Tunisia216

Does this sound right?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I just closed the phone with Jihed... ( closed the phone? wow ####### lol - now i'm talking like him hehe)

:rofl:

Anyway I just got off the phone with him and he called the doctor in Tunis about the medical exam - they told him to come April 28 and be there at 10am and allow about 3-4 hours for everything they'd have to do.. I said do they know your interview is May 5? Is that really enough time? I'm thinking bloodwork takes time to culture and come back right? And he said the girl at the doctor's office told him they can do everything in their building, but the medical exam paper from the Tunis Embassy lists other clinics for the xrays and the blood work -

I'm kinda confused- He accepted all the things that she said and told me not worry about it - that this doctor deals with the Embassy (there are only two panel physicians on the Embassy's list for all of Tunisia) but in my small American mind, that just does not seem right. I would think that an exam like that would take a few days to be 100% complete. The problem is he does not live in Tunis, it's a 2 hour train ride for him, so I"m not sure if he's going to find himself having to go back on Tuesday or Wednesday?

The problem with Jihed and I is that we are total polar opposites- I worry about every small detail and he worries about nothing lol - Hmmm... I guess I have no choice but to let it be for now... She did ask him if he'd had any vaccinations in the last 3 years.. And he told her that he had all the typical Tunisian ones as a child but nothing since like age 15, so no nothing in the last 3 years- She told him he'll have to get a few while he's there - I wonder if he'll have another hole in his arm? hehe ....

They told him the total cost would be between 120 and 130 Tunisian Dinar - 103 to 113 USD....

She asked him at first if he wanted to come in the summer... He said WHAT? My interview is May 5, why would I want to come in the summer? Tunis makes me crazy for these reasons lol ... Never in a hurry to do anything... :huh:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
here in morocco between Medical Exam till the interview it should be at least 15 days.

03/14/2012: N-400 Filing Date

03/23/2012: N-400 NOA Date

05/07/2012: Biometrics Appt Date

06/18/2012: N-400 Interview Date (Approved)

07/20/2012: Oath Ceremony Date

__/__/____: US Passport Date

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=I8sjCO9IjyU

In Jordan when we had to have blood test to get married we had the results in hand 15 minutes after our blood was taken. I know when Hasan had his medical he had everything done in 2 hours with the results completed before he left and everything was fine. I am sure that everything will be ok. I know what you mean about worrying about everything, just wait it is much worse when he gets here. Sorry but it is so very true atleast for the first few weeks. And then wait till he drives without you the first time and you are panicking that he will get lost.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Do you remember when you first got married? They take a blood test and blah blah it's done in the same day? I don't think that also will take a long time.

My spouse is in Algeria it's next to you but I believe the interviews and medical dates are closely together because I really don't think they have alot of people there migrating to USA vs other countries. I don't think there's a big hold up with Tunisia. My spouse already got the medical date and the embassy said just call in a day ahead after the medical to come in for an interview. It's kind of easy.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

We didn't have blood tests... :blush: my husband's father is kind of a big to do in the town and we just took the papers of the blood test and his father's friend married us :whistle:

lol but his mother reassured me today that it is all done fast and takes just a few hours in Tunisia :)

Good luck to you and your hubby!!! My husband's friend married a girl from Norway and he has to go to Algeria for his interview, no Norwegian embassy in Tunis any more :)

ababa big shot eh? :P you're lucky I almost cried when they tried to ####### me i hate all that mess

alf shokr goodluck to you guys too!

Edited by sarahaziz

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

I just closed the phone with Jihed... ( closed the phone? wow ####### lol - now i'm talking like him hehe)

:rofl:

Anyway I just got off the phone with him and he called the doctor in Tunis about the medical exam - they told him to come April 28 and be there at 10am and allow about 3-4 hours for everything they'd have to do.. I said do they know your interview is May 5? Is that really enough time? I'm thinking bloodwork takes time to culture and come back right? And he said the girl at the doctor's office told him they can do everything in their building, but the medical exam paper from the Tunis Embassy lists other clinics for the xrays and the blood work -

I'm kinda confused- He accepted all the things that she said and told me not worry about it - that this doctor deals with the Embassy (there are only two panel physicians on the Embassy's list for all of Tunisia) but in my small American mind, that just does not seem right. I would think that an exam like that would take a few days to be 100% complete. The problem is he does not live in Tunis, it's a 2 hour train ride for him, so I"m not sure if he's going to find himself having to go back on Tuesday or Wednesday?

The problem with Jihed and I is that we are total polar opposites- I worry about every small detail and he worries about nothing lol - Hmmm... I guess I have no choice but to let it be for now... She did ask him if he'd had any vaccinations in the last 3 years.. And he told her that he had all the typical Tunisian ones as a child but nothing since like age 15, so no nothing in the last 3 years- She told him he'll have to get a few while he's there - I wonder if he'll have another hole in his arm? hehe ....

They told him the total cost would be between 120 and 130 Tunisian Dinar - 103 to 113 USD....

She asked him at first if he wanted to come in the summer... He said WHAT? My interview is May 5, why would I want to come in the summer? Tunis makes me crazy for these reasons lol ... Never in a hurry to do anything... :huh:

In regard to the medical exam, and since Tunisia is not far from Morocco, we are dealing with Arab country here, I am sure it is the same process and near same cost.

Yes it is over 100 american dollars, yes it can all be done in same building and if not there, you would run around locally but they would explain to you where to go for xrays and purchasing vaccination medicine at the pharmacy...that is why PLAN TO HAVE MORE MONEY...My husband too is like 2 hour train ride away but lucky for him I was with him for his medical and we rented a car to make it easier and save a little money...so plan for transportation expenses there and back..the fees from the actual doctor, the lab work, the pharmacy, the xrays and of course, he'll be starved after...it really is fine so relax on the exam, at least your guy KNOWS he had some vaccinations in his life, i dont know that Tarik has had any or any recollection of them if he did.

:help: I am just not sure if Tarik needs to re-exam for CR1 after he just had his for K3, 2 months ago.

This whole process has my head spinning :wacko: and ready to explode.

And I am like you Ash, I fret over any small detail and want to know everything. My lawyer gets annoyed with me, that is too bad, THIS IS OUR LIFE and you only get one chance to do this so DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, right?

take care

hope this helped..if you want you can see my post on Tarik's experience in my profile. B)

It did help, thank you!! All of you guys have been a huge help!!!

I talked to Jihed's friend Hassen whose in the states now - living in New York and came a year ago or so - turns out he went to the same doctor that Jihed is gonna see next week. Hubby thought the doctor was a man, but his friend told me today it's a woman :P Hubby is gonna love that one lol - I think the medical involves some pants dropping :rofl:

His friend told me that the doc will do everything at her office except the xrays, which he'll have to walk like 2 blocks down the street to get, and then come back to the doc. They already told him it's going to be about 100 USD (120-130 Tunisian Dinar) and his friend confirmed to me that they will have it all done in one day. Thank God!!

Poor Jihed, I was all over him for nothing lol

• 2 weeks later...
It did help, thank you!! All of you guys have been a huge help!!!

I talked to Jihed's friend Hassen whose in the states now - living in New York and came a year ago or so - turns out he went to the same doctor that Jihed is gonna see next week. Hubby thought the doctor was a man, but his friend told me today it's a woman :P Hubby is gonna love that one lol - I think the medical involves some pants dropping :rofl:

His friend told me that the doc will do everything at her office except the xrays, which he'll have to walk like 2 blocks down the street to get, and then come back to the doc. They already told him it's going to be about 100 USD (120-130 Tunisian Dinar) and his friend confirmed to me that they will have it all done in one day. Thank God!!

i got married in solymar. tunisia...bfe.........i stilllllllllllllllllllllllll cant get extra copies of our licenseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hey girl!! Do you know someone living in that town? I'm not sure, I think it's pretty typical and standard in Tunisia but it's just a walk into the municipal building to get a copy of the license. You can take it by Arabic or French and it just costs a few dinars - Sometimes they give it to you right away or say come back the next day - But that's how Jihed has always done it in his town - Just walked in and walked back out with it? I'm not sure w here Solymar is - what big towns is in near? It's possible if we know someone there they could get a copy and just post it to you. Shouldn't really be a problem. Let me know if you can think of a way that I can help!! :) Jihed's family is all over Tunisia. :thumbs:

i got married in solymar. tunisia...bfe.........i stilllllllllllllllllllllllll cant get extra copies of our licenseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.