metta

A Tale of Two Debates

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
It's only for party reasons that Sen. Clinton acknowledges that Sen. Obama can defeat Sen. McCain. Does she really feel that way? I'm not really sure.

Probably is. But it is what she said. And we all know how important words are in this campaign season...

Come on, this is campaign politics.

The same way, Obama campaign flooded the media, the blogosphere with "Hillary should drop out ", "Hillary is a liar" messages via surrogates, media friendlies, bloggers. While publicy, Obama puts on his halo and declared:" Hillary should stay in the race as long as she wants."

Private opinion shared my many supers is that BO can't win with all the "tabloid" material ( BO supporters would like to put it) piling on.

Last night debate was just a taste of what it will be like if he should be the Dem. candidate facing McCain in a debate.

BO has been so used to kid glove treat ment from the media and fellow Dems. that he publicly winced on the stage when tough questions were thrown at him last night. His answers were not satisfactory to many even among his media groupies.In short, his performance sucked last night under withering fire -which is only par for the course. That is, for other candidates.

So now they're mad at Gibson and Steph. The BO fans should recall how for months, Oberlmann and Chris Mathews and all the groupies have been trashing Hillary everyday for months on end.

Hillary should be proud of you.

She should be. I'm a Hillary supporting patriot.

And Obama should be proud of you too, Baracki patriot. The difference between you and I is that if we were to wear flags on the lapels, yours would have one like this -sans Florida and Michigan : :lol:

48-star-flag.JPG

It's only for party reasons that Sen. Clinton acknowledges that Sen. Obama can defeat Sen. McCain. Does she really feel that way? I'm not really sure.

Probably is. But it is what she said. And we all know how important words are in this campaign season...

The same way, Obama campaign flooded the media, the blogosphere with "Hillary should drop out ", "Hillary is a liar" messages via surrogates, media friendlies, bloggers. While publicy, Obama puts on his halo and declared:" Hillary should stay in the race as long as she wants."

Private opinion shared my many supers is that BO can't win with all the "tabloid" material ( BO supporters would like to put it) piling on.

Last night debate was just a taste of what it will be like if he should be the Dem. candidate facing McCain in a debate.

BO has been so used to kid glove treat ment from the media and fellow Dems. that he publicly winced on the stage when tough questions were thrown at him last night. His answers were not satisfactory to many even among his media groupies.In short, his performance sucked last night under withering fire -which is only par for the course. That is, for other candidates.

So now they're mad at Gibson and Steph. The BO fans should recall how for months, Oberlmann and Chris Mathews and all the groupies have been trashing Hillary everyday for months on end.

And Obama should be proud of you too, Baracki patriot. The difference between you and I is that if we were to wear flags on the lapels, yours would have one like this -sans Florida and Michigan : :lol:

48-star-flag.JPG

There you go again. FL and MI broke the DNC rule, isn't it?

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

What's important is that she cannot continue to pursue superdelegates with the argument that Obama cannot win. At least she cannot do that without strengthening the already established impression that she isn't very trustworthy. I mean, continuing that strategy would be admitting that either the statement that obama can't win is untrue or that she has been untruthful during the PA debate when responding to that question.

Or maybe she just misspoke last night. :jest:

Embarrass herself again in front of millions of viewers and voters... again? Naaaahhh! J/K

Perhaps its damage control to the tune of her acceptance that its not always "her way or the highway." Those that are robotic fans should pay close attention to her attitude if she really is coming to her senses.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Timeline

48-star-flag.JPG

Pic love! (L):lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
As of last night my results conclude in my detailed six page report that it's not over till the fat lady sings and that would be on the 22nd. When push comes to shove we'll see. That's all I have to say on the matter.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

There you go again. FL and MI broke the DNC rule, isn't it?

Florida Senator Deutch to DNC Chair Howard Dean: ''You Risk a Political Tragedy''

TALLAHASSEE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warning that ignoring the almost 2 million Democratic votes cast in the January presidential primary risks creating a "political tragedy," State Senator Ted Deutch (D-Boca Raton) today called on Democratic National Committee Chair Howard Dean to exercise his authority, count Florida's ballots in the national vote total, and seat the Florida delegation.

"When dozens of union members picket the DNC Headquarters...to demand a voice for millions of Democrats...the surreal dispute between the DNC and Democrats in Florida...risks becoming a political tragedy," Deutch wrote in a letter to the controversial chairman.

"For us to be successful in November, Florida Democrats must be convinced that our party and our nominee are committed to giving Florida Democrats a place in the process...to date DNC voices on this issue, including your own, have been too ambivalent about the importance of our vote."

The solution, wrote Deutch, is in plain sight.

“I urge you to pursue a solution to the Florida morass that is easy, completely consistent with DNC Rules, yet still gives our residents a voice: announce that our votes count, seat the entire Florida Delegation, but cut its weight by 50%. This is not a new proposal; it is an obvious resolution that has been overlooked or ignored."

The issue of counting Florida's Democratic votes, still unresolved, flared up again following this week's union picket at the DNC headquarters, and a statement made recently by Dean that “this popular vote argument is all very interesting but that’s not what elects the president.”

The dismissal of Florida’s primary votes “struck a raw nerve with me and with many Floridians,” wrote Deutch. “Given what happened here in 2000, many of us are absolutely shocked that Florida voters are being disenfranchised again...and this time by our own party! ...assurances and delays are unacceptable. More than 1.7 million Florida Democrats stood in line on January 29th to cast their vote, and it is critical to know that their votes matter and will be counted."

The issue of the hefty sanctions imposed against Florida by the DNC began shortly after the Republican-lead legislature moved to roll back its primary date to January 29th, violating the national party's primary date rules. Although the DNC's own rules dictate that such violations will be punishable by stripping half of a state's delegates, the Chairman backed a move to strip them all.

If the state violated the DNC's rules, so too did the DNC, argued Deutch. To solve the impasse, Deutch implored Dean to invoke the rules again to save the party, and ultimately, the presidential election.

"I acknowledge that the Rules were technically violated. So let's use the Rules to get us out of this mess."

According to the Boca Raton Democrat, to resolve the dispute over Florida, if Dean is going to impose the sanctions for an early election, he first needs to acknowledge that an election was held. "If an election was held and people voted, and if the penalty is based upon the outcome of that election, then every one of the votes must count."

Additionally, once again relying on the rules, once the votes are counted, then there should be only a 50 percent reduction in the number of delegates, Deutch wrote. "The entire delegation should be seated and weighted at 50 percent."

"This solution is based on the Rules; it is simple, fair to our presidential candidates and fair to our activists. The DNC may diminish our votes at the Convention, but it cannot quiet our voices."

link

Edited by illumine

Punishing FL and MI voters by stripping them of all their delegates and not reducing their influence by 50% (like the Republicans did) was a completely bone-headed move.

I would wager that FL will go red yet again in the general and Michigan could turn red for the first time since 1988

90day.jpg

48-star-flag.JPG

Hillary's flag would look similar - just enriched with a pair of flip-flops since she was for the exclusion of FL and MI delegates before she was against it. On the other hand, Hillary's flag may really just have a few, if any, stars on it since she seems to think that votes in any of the states don't actually matter - at the very least not in those that she happened to have lost. That's what I am getting out of her repeated statements that there's no such thing as a pledged delegate. So take your pick, either flag with 48 stars and a pair of flip-flops or a flag sans stars. ;)

Edited by Mr. Big Dog