kishmar

DID ANYONE ELSE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM????

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So here goes Eresh said that she has not been working long enough on her current job, hence when her SO went to do the interview they asked for co-sponsor.

Has any one had the same problems lately.

I need to know because my hubby just started a job this year and the deal is he earns way above the poverty line (so what is this now that im hearing)

I thought they were concern with current status :angry:

"Love is patient, love is kind, love keeps no record of wrongs"

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That would depend........

Did he make above poverty level before this job?

Did he have steady jobs before this with little to no gaps in employment for years back?

Can he prove all that with W-2's and tax returns?

Is this job permanent? And, can he get a letter stating this?

Probably what happened to that other person is the job they had before was not above poverty level or there was not a steady enough employment history. Just because someone makes enough now, without proof that they are able to keep the job and keep up the means, it may not be enough proof. Proof of steady employment is best if you don't want to have to find a co-sponsor.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
That would depend........

Did he make above poverty level before this job?

Did he have steady jobs before this with little to no gaps in employment for years back?

Can he prove all that with W-2's and tax returns?

Is this job permanent? And, can he get a letter stating this?

Probably what happened to that other person is the job they had before was not above poverty level or there was not a steady enough employment history. Just because someone makes enough now, without proof that they are able to keep the job and keep up the means, it may not be enough proof. Proof of steady employment is best if you don't want to have to find a co-sponsor.

Yes he did make above the poverty line before now...also he did alot of free lancing because he works in the computer industry and this allowed him to be able to travel back and forth to come see me over the 4 year period that we have been married.

Worst case scenario ill just ask his mom/dad becuase they said they would help if needs be (im so angry right now this whole process is wearing me thin)

The gaps in not sure of......

What do you mean for years back.....he worked with his dad for a while when he met me he decided to work out

Edited by kishmar

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Length of employment can and does concern the visa interviewing officer, the affidavit of support is only one thing used to determine if the prospective immigrant wont become a charge of the state, the I.O. can demand additional evidence that the immigrant will not become a charge of the state.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
Length of employment can and does concern the visa interviewing officer, the affidavit of support is only one thing used to determine if the prospective immigrant wont become a charge of the state, the I.O. can demand additional evidence that the immigrant will not become a charge of the state.

So do you think it is a good idea to have his parents fill out those forms now or wait to see what happens???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

So do you think it is a good idea to have his parents fill out those forms now or wait to see what happens???

Yes, I would have the Joint sponsor lined up and ready, just in case.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

After what I learned today, my thoughts to you would be to get a co-sponsor. I've been working one of the jobs for the past 5 1/2 years, but had started the last one in August b/c I was not earning 125% above the poverty level. The CO saw that I was working 2 jobs for the past 8 months, but went by my income showed on my 2007 tax return.

3dflagsdotcom_roman_2faws.gifaheart2.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Our CR-1 Timeline

Feb 20, 2010 ~ We will file to remove conditions

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree with YD. I would have a sponsor lined up too.

If he can produce 1099's or W-2's from work with his father, as well as tax returns for that time and was above the poverty level, he should be fine.

Free lance.....as in a Schedule C for the tax return? Again, if he made above the poverty level, he should be fine.

From what you said, I get the feeling his income may be a little spotty for the last three years or so. They are not going to be happy with that at the embassy. Find out if he has proof of income over the poverty level for, oh, say the last 3 years, AND CAN PROVE it! If not, get that sponsor in order.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I suspect if he's had well above the 125% line he'll be fine. I doubt they'd turn down a professional with years of industry experience who has earned in the mid-+ 5 figures just because they haven't been at the present job for a year. And don't forget assets. He can include assets that can be converted to cash, too.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Timeline
I agree with YD. I would have a sponsor lined up too.

If he can produce 1099's or W-2's from work with his father, as well as tax returns for that time and was above the poverty level, he should be fine.

Free lance.....as in a Schedule C for the tax return? Again, if he made above the poverty level, he should be fine.

From what you said, I get the feeling his income may be a little spotty for the last three years or so. They are not going to be happy with that at the embassy. Find out if he has proof of income over the poverty level for, oh, say the last 3 years, AND CAN PROVE it! If not, get that sponsor in order.

JG,

To tell you the truth im so frustrated now with this process. I gues i will just wait and see what happens. I will also try to get his dad/mom to fill out the papers (by the way his day is self employed. I think his mom been working at the same place for over 20years).

I just frankly tired : :blush: Im gonna let this process run its course or else ill be too stress to deal with my everyday life. Im already not sleeping well at nights

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.