mamajo

Still Waiting for CSC

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

This is probably the worst time of year and year for K1s. We are hit by:

1. H1-B April 1st onslaught - 165000 applications for 85000 slots

2. Election 2008 Naturalization Pressures - need to have those citizens to vote for Obama/Hillary

3. Gonzalez Stepping Down - when the cats away, the government workers slack off

Its a Triple Whammy...even the VSC is hit.

The only hope there is is that whoever replaces Gonzalez wants to impress and kicks someones butt.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should pick a campaign (doesn't matter which one, as long as it's all to the SAME one) and send them a petition and letters promising that all of the USCs will vote for them, but ONLY if they get CSC caught up with VSC by the end of July. :hehe:

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

2. Election 2008 Naturalization Pressures - need to have those citizens to vote for Obama/Hillary

Like someone else also said.. what about the K visa petitionares votes? They don't want them? lol

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
This is probably the worst time of year and year for K1s. We are hit by:

1. H1-B April 1st onslaught - 165000 applications for 85000 slots

3. Gonzalez Stepping Down - when the cats away, the government workers slack off

Its a Triple Whammy...even the VSC is hit.

The only hope there is is that whoever replaces Gonzalez wants to impress and kicks someones butt.

The USCIS director is appointed by the President, so I'm not sure I understand the reasoning that they pushing for Democratic votes.

You are correct, Igor's stats show a slow down at the VCS also. Could be they've shifted personal to process other types of applications and they will be shifted back to K1 and K3's later.

K-1

I-129F Sent : 02-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 02-25-2008

I-129F RFE(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 07-14-2008

NVC Received : 07-18-2008

NVC Left : 07-23-2008

P2 arrives Guangzhou Customs: 07-26-2008

Consulate Receives: 09-09-2008

Packet 3 Sent : 10-02-2008

Packet 3 Received : 10-18-2008

Packet 4 Received : 10-30-2008

Interview Date : 11-26-2008

Visa Received : 12-2-2008

US Entry : 12-3-2008

Marriage : 12-12-2008

AOS

I-485 package mailed : 1-28-2009

NOA received: 2-10-2009

Biometrics: 2-14-2009

Interview: 5-13-2009

Green card received: x-xx-xxxx

Timeline

Like someone else also said.. what about the K visa petitionares votes? They don't want them? lol

Not enough of a voting block to matter to them, there were only 33,190 K1s issued last year.

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY07Annual...rtTableXVIB.pdf

See near top of page 2.

Timeline

And I was being sarcastic about the Obama/Hillary thing. I'm sure that there is a ton of pressure to push through as many naturalizations as possible in order to allow these people to vote this year, whichever way they vote. Our fiances cant vote, so its lower priority. My point on the director is that, when the boss is out, the workers tend to slack as well. Plus, they will just say - well these delays will help test the strength of the relationships, a further test that they are "real". Course if the director really is appointed by the President (although he works for Chertoff) then thats a 4th reason, Bush may not wish to appoint anyone so close to an election, and they might throw in an "interim" director, who will see no benefit in kicking butt.

-D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.