Sandrila

MAJOR DILEMMA...PLEASE HELP!

4 posts in this topic

How is it possible that on the day my husband receives his K3 visa from consulate in Morocco that he then receives his interview for CR1 THE SAME DAY???

My attorney advises him to STAY THERE, he says it is best to finish it now, cheaper, smarter...BUT

I am desperate to get him here, as we all are to be reunited with our loved ones.

I dont know #1...can I cancel the interview there..fly him here and finish things here

#2...let him stay and RISK him staying much longer due to additional processing

(let's face it, it is likely)

#3...I am worried that cancelling this appointment may "look bad" and make things

harder once he comes

I really need some input

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Listen to your attorney's advice. They are professionals and see cases like yours a lot.

Both my approved I-129F (K3) and I-130 were recently sent to National Visa Center. I am going with the I-130 route.

In the long run you will be better off you if husband enters USA as an immigrant rather than as a non-immigrant on a K3 visa. You have waited a long time and so try to wait for a few more weeks.

Best wishes.

----

How is it possible that on the day my husband receives his K3 visa from consulate in Morocco that he then receives his interview for CR1 THE SAME DAY???

My attorney advises him to STAY THERE, he says it is best to finish it now, cheaper, smarter...BUT

I am desperate to get him here, as we all are to be reunited with our loved ones.

I dont know #1...can I cancel the interview there..fly him here and finish things here

#3...I am worried that cancelling this appointment may "look bad" and make things

harder once he comes

I really need some input

Thank you

your attorney is a professional here in USA, but not in Morocco ( actually you used an attorney just to input all data in the forms)

reading all those postings about Morocco, you can see that it takes much longer for them to get the visa

but, on the other end they issued him already a visa, so there should be not reason to get another one

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

harder once he comes

I really need some input

Thank you

I am not sure if I fully understand your question but I believe that once the I-130 petition (Cr-1) is approved, the 129f (K3) remains at a stand still and goes not go forward unless you specify you want to proceed with the K3 as opposed to the CR-1.

In the chance that both the K and the CR-1 are at the consulate at the same time they will interview you for the CR-1.

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA
I-130 Process
06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC
08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back
08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package
09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130
09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)
09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail
12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE
12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail
12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info
01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!
I-130 at NVC
01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned
02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA
02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email
02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed
02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill
02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check
03-13-2007 | I-864 received
03-21-2007 | I-864 sent
05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)
06-02-2007 | IV Bill received
06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent
06-26-2007 | Received DS230
06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC
08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)
11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC
11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness
11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th
12-11-2007 | Told by contact at US Consulate in Toronto that our interview date will be on Jan 4th.
01-04-2008 | Interview In Montreal. VISA GRANTED
01-11-2008 | Arrival in the US
11-09-2009 | Biometrics taken for 10 year green card
01-20-2010 | Approved- 10 GC ordered for production

06-22-2013 | N-400 package sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.