Marlita

Jamaica and the NVC

223 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My case has been finally completed yesterday 06.18.2008 per AVR...I am more upset than happy at this point...it took them 37 days to complete my case after they received all my docs...now I am going to probably have to wait until October for an interview....That is such a load of crock... :angry: ...I will be emailing NVC, Kingston embassy (both the NIV and IV email address)...even though it might be a long shot why not try right....I am going to try to request a date for either August 26 or the 28th since most family based visa's has been on those two days only....I am going down there to celebrate my husband's birthday...even though he is not speaking to me right now.... :whistle: ...i tried calling him this morning to tell him that our case is finally completed but he is not picking up my calls...what a baby.... :devil:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My case has been finally completed yesterday 06.18.2008 per AVR...I am more upset than happy at this point...it took them 37 days to complete my case after they received all my docs...now I am going to probably have to wait until October for an interview....That is such a load of crock... :angry: ...I will be emailing NVC, Kingston embassy (both the NIV and IV email address)...even though it might be a long shot why not try right....I am going to try to request a date for either August 26 or the 28th since most family based visa's has been on those two days only....I am going down there to celebrate my husband's birthday...even though he is not speaking to me right now.... :whistle: ...i tried calling him this morning to tell him that our case is finally completed but he is not picking up my calls...what a baby.... :devil:

Congrats :dance: My case was complete April 15th and all now I havent receive an interview date. I'm hoping I can still get a date for in July, but if not I definatly hope the latest August. I think I should try emailing them myself and see what response I get.

Timeline

Congrats Jgay. I knew it was coming after you said the AVR changed response the other day. well now your on to the next waiting game. I have emailed everybod too. Kingston 2 times and each time they say they do not have a file with my number, nor can they request my file from NVC....NVC will send the appointment letter. Then NVC says that they have my file and it is complete an awaiting interview from KNG, an I will be notified as soon as it is assigned. I feel like they are both waiting for the other to make a move. Ugh! I think August is our month ladies...it has to be.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Congrats Jgay. I knew it was coming after you said the AVR changed response the other day. well now your on to the next waiting game. I have emailed everybod too. Kingston 2 times and each time they say they do not have a file with my number, nor can they request my file from NVC....NVC will send the appointment letter. Then NVC says that they have my file and it is complete an awaiting interview from KNG, an I will be notified as soon as it is assigned. I feel like they are both waiting for the other to make a move. Ugh! I think August is our month ladies...it has to be.

I hope so...when I was arguing with the supervisor about the mistake they made about missing info (my birth certificate and marriage certificate) I was telling her that because of this mistake I am going to be pushed further into the back of the line and everyone whose docs were after mine will get in front...she said no that won't happen because your case stays in the same place...meaning if your number comes up and you are not complete then they will just skip you but if your case is complete by the time they get to your number they will assign you a date...your number is the ten digit number from your case number(of course)...so we all know that 2008 is the first four...the next three is the day count in the calendar year your case number was assigned plus 500...and the last three is the number of cases they received that day....so that is the order....and she told me that KNG only gives them a specific amount for each type of visas once a month and that they only give a handful for IV....I guess because they only do those twice a week...which is totally unfair...so the last VJ memeber to get an interview for CR-1 was Trulo and his case was completed March 07...and he got his date for June 03...I'm not sure if anyone want to do this but I was thinking since we know there is somewhat of an order at NVC when it comes to assigning an interview date and its not random if we list our case numbers we might be able to determine how much space is between each other and kind of get a rough idea on when we can get a date...but we would need Trulo to give his case number to us so we can know what number they were up to...and then estimate how many slots Kingston gives for CR-1 visa...and also guess how many cases might be done in a day...we might have too many missing variables but its just an idea...I work as a financial analyst so this is what I do all day...analyze... :bonk::rofl:

Edited by jgay80

US Embassy:

Timeline

oh finally i happy for you..... :dance: now you have to join the line for the looooooooooong wait on Kingston :blink:

"Love is patient, love is kind, love keeps no record of wrongs"

Timeline

oh finally i happy for you..... :dance: now you have to join the line for the looooooooooong wait on Kingston :blink:

Thanks....I also came to another conclusion...I'm playing detective gadget here...I also checked out some of the timelines like Trulo for example since he was the last CR-1 to get an interview...I checked the date when NVC received your case...so Trulo case was received 12.11 and his interview was 6mos after 06.03...also Dimples who is another CR-1 visa holder who already received an interview...her case was received by NVC on 08.03.07 and her interview was 03.18.08 which is 7mos...so we might be able to assume that once your case is received by NVC you can expect a 6-7month wait for interview because of the backlog at kingston...so Forbes, Tash, and Kishmar whose cases where received between Jan-Feb they can expect Aug-Sept...Marlita your case was received in Mar. so you might have to expect Sep-Oct and my case was received in Apr so I may have to expect Oct-Nov...I'm sorry i have to put a damper on this but its better to get a realistic idea than to keep hoping every month that we are going to get a date... :crying:

US Embassy:

Thanks....I also came to another conclusion...I'm playing detective gadget here...I also checked out some of the timelines like Trulo for example since he was the last CR-1 to get an interview...I checked the date when NVC received your case...so Trulo case was received 12.11 and his interview was 6mos after 06.03...also Dimples who is another CR-1 visa holder who already received an interview...her case was received by NVC on 08.03.07 and her interview was 03.18.08 which is 7mos...so we might be able to assume that once your case is received by NVC you can expect a 6-7month wait for interview because of the backlog at kingston...so Forbes, Tash, and Kishmar whose cases where received between Jan-Feb they can expect Aug-Sept...Marlita your case was received in Mar. so you might have to expect Sep-Oct and my case was received in Apr so I may have to expect Oct-Nov...I'm sorry i have to put a damper on this but its better to get a realistic idea than to keep hoping every month that we are going to get a date... :crying:

:unsure: Oh wow, we will see. Good detective work, lol

Timeline

I hope thats not the case! Your timing at NVC is completely dependent on how fast you get docs in and a completion date. I know that Dimps and Trulo didnt have the online option. But since that is there now, people are getting done in 1 month. I would hate to have to wait another months after that. My case was done at NVC within 50 days, others took 3-4 months! I dont understand it. But I like your thinking with the case number thing from earlier...ok so my case was assigned less than 90 days from the top of this year....what do I do now to keep figuring?

Timeline

Ok, so Trulo had to be 2007855XXX cause of how the numbering system works. I'm not sure what to do with this information though...haha, I'm not an analyst...just a designer, haha

Timeline

I hope thats not the case! Your timing at NVC is completely dependent on how fast you get docs in and a completion date. I know that Dimps and Trulo didnt have the online option. But since that is there now, people are getting done in 1 month. I would hate to have to wait another months after that. My case was done at NVC within 50 days, others took 3-4 months! I dont understand it. But I like your thinking with the case number thing from earlier...ok so my case was assigned less than 90 days from the top of this year....what do I do now to keep figuring?

The supervisor that i spoke with at NVC said it doesn't matter really when your case is complete because it goes by order...she said that if your case is not complete by the time they get to your number they will just skip you and i read somewhere that when they come back to your number the second time around and your case is still not complete they will just send what they have to the embassy and you just have to bring those missing docs to the interview...so even though us newcomers completed our case within 1-2mos...they still are going to go by case number order...so trulo case was received in Dec 2007 so hopefully they included some Jan and Feb 2008 cases in there bunch for the June interview dates too...Clarin said she had a friend whose case was completed at the end of March...Clarin if you are out there can you let us know when your friend received her case#...that will get us closer to see if this theory is actually correct about the case# order...

US Embassy:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys, my friend is actually Kishmar and she was assigned a NVC number back in 2005 and Mike was assigned one in 2002. His case was just completed this year, so I dont know if this would actually help.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Hi guys, my friend is actually Kishmar and she was assigned a NVC number back in 2005 and Mike was assigned one in 2002. His case was just completed this year, so I dont know if this would actually help.

Oh, these are LPR cases, so thats gonna have a completely different timeline from USC.

Timeline
They are both USC's petitions :wacko:

They are? Why were the cases assigned like 3-5 years ago and just now getting processed? My bad. it sounded like a situation where they were filed by LPR and had to wait for a visa number to come up. Why would their NVC time take so long?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.