Jamaica and the NVC

223 posts in this topic

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a question.....If during the interview the CO ask if my husband has any family members in the states and if I know them and how close i am to them do you think that will cause a red flag???...i read a VJ member post where his fianceé was denied because he was really close to her aunt and she stated that to the CO and that the aunt was the reason on how they met and blah blah and that caused the CO to think that it was staged...this vj member is from vietnamese though...they were on a K-1 visa when she first got denied and now they got married and were denied again because the CO wanted more proof after like a year later from the K1 interview...that is basically similar to my story...my best friend is like a fourth cousin to my husband but they are really close and my best friend mom goes down every year and he lives in my best friend's grandmother's house...so when we go down that is where we stay...and backed to the other VJ member the CO wanted to see that the airline tickets where purchase by him...the times i went to JA my friends mom would put it on her Amex and i would pay her back and my mom put one on her credit card...only when i went in March i paid out of my account...thinking about this is making me go crazy...no matter how much reassurance i get something comes across my mind and just makes me get worried all over again... :wacko: ...i posted the post of the vietnamese couple so you can see what he went through....the first post is when he filed for his SO for a K1 visa and the second just gives more of the background of k1 to visa and the last is when he states that they denied the CR1 visa...over 2 years and still denied...this is bananas...just because the wife said the husband knows her aunt...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry745538

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1988213

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1998340

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline

Hmmm. I dont think that was the REAL issue with that couple. I think the CO knows more than they led onto to the couple. Many people know their spouse thru a family member or friend. I would say a high percentage of people knew someone related to or friends with the spouse before they decided to get involved. Thats just natural. Whether or not that person was a family member the CO thinks "arranged" the marriage...well...it doesnt matter if the marriage is arranged either, only if it was arranged for the sole purpose of getting that person a green card. If you and your husband and in a fully functioning relationship I would not worry too much. Just have your relationship proof ready for the interview. Pictures, telephone records, plane tickets...etc. In all honesty I dont remember any Yardie coming back saying that the CO even looked at that stuff. Maybe they looked a pic or 2 an asked who was in them...other than that I have never heard of the Kingston CO wanting much of this info. I could be wrong. As far as paying for your plane ticket. Well many people pay for things with cash or Western Union there so they may not ask how you got the ticket. Never heard this being asked in KNG either.

I think you'll be fine. In fact in my year an a half of being on VJ Yardie, I have only heard a couple of people being denied for ganga in their system. All others may have been missing a form or something and were just advised to bring it in then they were approved. So the odds are pretty good. I just think the anticipation to the interview is what drives us crazy.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Andre's sister lives in NY. I am very close to her. He disclosed it. No issues.

I agree with Marlita....I think there were other problems with those posters. And, besides ganga, everyone who has everything has been approved.

No worries. You don't have to go into such details. If they ask if he has a family member in the states, say yes. If they ask if you've met, say yes. ONLY answer the questions asked if you feel uncomfortable. There is no need to lie. But, there is also no need to go into great detail. Answer what is asked.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

((bump))

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
((bump))

this thread made me depressed! so many pple with no interviews. i had my heart set on getting m. hre by christmas....dream on???????/

i am so sorry guys. i know what it is to wait with no end... :(

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
Its ok Shrewdie, you're now at NVC so this is the perfect thread for you to start getting all your info. Just ask away and we are here to help.

lita did you get my email?

do i email my ds3032 now or do i need to wait till it says it is generated?

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Hey all...I am back from my wonderful vacation with my hubby...it was absolutely magnificent...this was the first vacation that I had alone with my husband for an entire week...i must saw it was well needed...hurricane Gustav did ruin my husband birthday though...well not really... :blush: ...we were planning to go out to little Ochi and have dinner with some of his friends but it rained and rained and was really really windy the whole entire day Friday and current was gone most of the day also so we sat in the dark and talked, and played hide n seek.... :whistle: ...but it was made up on Saturday...Saturday turned out to be beautiful after the storm and a friend of his had a friend who worked at Sandals in Westmoreland and he was able to give us a free day pass...so we ate dinner, went to a magic show, and walked the beach, and did some other stuff on the beach as well... :devil: ...it was wonderful...then i came home on Sunday... :crying: ...Well anyway while i was down there i brought my binder for his "proof" for when he will have his interview...and when we were putting the binder together it looked kinda scrawney...this is what i have and the vets who have been to the interview already and also those who have not let me know what u think...also i know sometimes some people said how they(CO) didn't even look in their book and just asked a few questions so i wanted to know what do you guys think the reason maybe...i came up with two that i think it can only be:

1) The CO's mood

2) The beneficiary's appearance

To tell you the truth i am more leaning towards number 2...it may sound prejudice but i think the appearance plays a huge part on how "hard" a CO will grill you...interview vets, how did most of the beneficiaries dressed when they went for the interviews, especially the ones who went alone...just my opinion...

Well this is what i had in my scrawney binder:

1) NOA-1 and NOA-2 for 130 petition

2) Marriage certificate

3) Beneficiary birth certificate

4) Beneficiary police record

5) Copy of Beneficiary passport biographic page

6) Phone records from July 2007-August 2008

7) Bank statements (I opened an account under my name though and gave him the debit card and it shows deposits I made and withdrawals from JA-its to show financial support)

8) Valentine day card from me

9) Birthday card from me

10) Pictures (only about 65 pics which also includes our wedding pics)

11) My birth certificate

12) My passport biographic page as well as the JA stamps to show when i went to JA

That was it...do you guys think that is good enough...should i send him the copy of the docs i filed at NVC??..do you think that is enough pictures...do i basically have enough "proof" so they won't tell him that i have to go down there...Thanxs for your feedback in advance...

US Embassy:

Timeline
Hey all...I am back from my wonderful vacation with my hubby...it was absolutely magnificent...this was the first vacation that I had alone with my husband for an entire week...i must saw it was well needed...hurricane Gustav did ruin my husband birthday though...well not really... :blush: ...we were planning to go out to little Ochi and have dinner with some of his friends but it rained and rained and was really really windy the whole entire day Friday and current was gone most of the day also so we sat in the dark and talked, and played hide n seek.... :whistle: ...but it was made up on Saturday...Saturday turned out to be beautiful after the storm and a friend of his had a friend who worked at Sandals in Westmoreland and he was able to give us a free day pass...so we ate dinner, went to a magic show, and walked the beach, and did some other stuff on the beach as well... :devil: ...it was wonderful...then i came home on Sunday... :crying: ...Well anyway while i was down there i brought my binder for his "proof" for when he will have his interview...and when we were putting the binder together it looked kinda scrawney...this is what i have and the vets who have been to the interview already and also those who have not let me know what u think...also i know sometimes some people said how they(CO) didn't even look in their book and just asked a few questions so i wanted to know what do you guys think the reason maybe...i came up with two that i think it can only be:

1) The CO's mood

2) The beneficiary's appearance

To tell you the truth i am more leaning towards number 2...it may sound prejudice but i think the appearance plays a huge part on how "hard" a CO will grill you...interview vets, how did most of the beneficiaries dressed when they went for the interviews, especially the ones who went alone...just my opinion...

Well this is what i had in my scrawney binder:

1) NOA-1 and NOA-2 for 130 petition

2) Marriage certificate

3) Beneficiary birth certificate

4) Beneficiary police record

5) Copy of Beneficiary passport biographic page

6) Phone records from July 2007-August 2008

7) Bank statements (I opened an account under my name though and gave him the debit card and it shows deposits I made and withdrawals from JA-its to show financial support)

8) Valentine day card from me

9) Birthday card from me

10) Pictures (only about 65 pics which also includes our wedding pics)

11) My birth certificate

12) My passport biographic page as well as the JA stamps to show when i went to JA

That was it...do you guys think that is good enough...should i send him the copy of the docs i filed at NVC??..do you think that is enough pictures...do i basically have enough "proof" so they won't tell him that i have to go down there...Thanxs for your feedback in advance...

Hey Girlie!

I was thinking of you this weekend. I remeber your ticker counting down to visiting your husband. Glad to hear you had a great time. You sound just like me with the how nice it is to have 1 full week non interrupted.

As far as the "proof" stuff. I left my packet with the Mister this last time too. I had a divided folder pouch that had:

1. all original certificates (BC, MC, PC)
  2. all financial docs...3 years tax transcripts and this years copy of 1040, also had a letter from my employer stating how much I make in salary/year.
  3. NOA1 and NOA2
  4. copy of original I-130 petition with ALL documents (G325a, ....)
  5. all the cards he ever sent me. he added all the cards i sent him
  6. he has pics of us, my fam, his fam and added that to the packet
  7. A couple of T-Mobile phone bills
beyond that, its it. I plan on going to the interview. Other than that I think you are good to go. most folks here always say the CO never even looks at the stuff really. If they do look at it, its really quick. If they want you at the interview and you are not there, i dont think it matters how much "proof" you bring. I havent been to the interview, but it doesnt sound bad or hard at all, so long as you have all your ducks in a row. If the relationship is natural, there's no rehearshing just be yourself and you guys shoud be fine.

Timeline

Thanks...since i'm not sure if i am going to the interview i just don't want to be one of the ones that have to come to JA to "show my face" to the CO...if we have an interview for Dec i will try to make it but anything sooner i know i won't be able to make it down there...i hope this month will be a little more productive in terms of assigning dates at NVC...it will be so super if NVC just received a whole bunch of dates for immigrant visas...enough to even have one for me... :blush: ...wishful thinking...well the waiting begins once again...this month is our anniversary month...so i will be spending without him too...our anniversary is Sept 30...

US Embassy:

Filed: Timeline
Thanks...since i'm not sure if i am going to the interview i just don't want to be one of the ones that have to come to JA to "show my face" to the CO...if we have an interview for Dec i will try to make it but anything sooner i know i won't be able to make it down there...i hope this month will be a little more productive in terms of assigning dates at NVC...it will be so super if NVC just received a whole bunch of dates for immigrant visas...enough to even have one for me... :blush: ...wishful thinking...well the waiting begins once again...this month is our anniversary month...so i will be spending without him too...our anniversary is Sept 30...

Hey Jgay;

I pray you all get dates soon too. Our one year anniversary is Sept. 23rd. So, happy early anniversary.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Thanks Tre, Happy Anniversary to you too...I hope the embassy fix whatever is broken over there so we can get these dates indeed...

US Embassy:

Timeline
Thanks Tre, Happy Anniversary to you too...I hope the embassy fix whatever is broken over there so we can get these dates indeed...

Me too! I had all these fun Halloween plans for Evan and I since his bday is right before Halloween, and he's not really used to this holiday. I wanted to go to Knotts Scary farm. carve pumpkins, watch scary movies, trick ot treat with the neighbors. I still pray that we can get in in October.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Me too! I had all these fun Halloween plans for Evan and I since his bday is right before Halloween, and he's not really used to this holiday. I wanted to go to Knotts Scary farm. carve pumpkins, watch scary movies, trick ot treat with the neighbors. I still pray that we can get in in October.

We went to the pumpkin patch last year and did all that....even rode a camel. Andre loved picking out pumpkins, carving them, and all that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.