Marlita

Jamaica and the NVC

223 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My progress as of today...I still have not received my hubby's mail since he sent it on April 25...I am going MADDDD...I check usps.com to see the status...still says the samething that "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment"...to me means it is still in Jamaica...my husband went to a RDG post close to him yesterday and I told him to go ahead and order a BC...he said they had a 3 day one so he bought the 3 day and he will get it by Thursday...he paid JA$2,250 for it...he told me as soon as he gets it on thursday he is going to express mail it to me and hopefully I can get it by saturday, he is also going to send the other copy of his PC and copy of his passport since I probably won't receive the other mail by then...does JA have a next day express mail or is the 2 day the fastest one???...I basically lost 10 days because of all this and my hubby is spending so much money...I feel like crying... :crying: ...my case could have been completed by now...oh well...I guess I shouldn't complain...I should be grateful that I'm finally at this stage...I just want this to be over with... :(

Make sure you send the original of the police certificate.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yeah...he received two PC and only sent me one and kept the other one so he is going to send me that one he has...BUT guess what...I got good news...my husband just called me and told me the courier called him to come and pick up his BC...isn't that crazy...he just did it yesterday...God is truly looking out for me big time....so he is going to send it off to me today... :dance: ....I can't wait to get this out of my hands... :thumbs:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline
Yeah...he received two PC and only sent me one and kept the other one so he is going to send me that one he has...BUT guess what...I got good news...my husband just called me and told me the courier called him to come and pick up his BC...isn't that crazy...he just did it yesterday...God is truly looking out for me big time....so he is going to send it off to me today... :dance: ....I can't wait to get this out of my hands... :thumbs:

If you use Fed-ex from Jamaica you can get it next day. My husband uses this every now and then. Thats how I got his PC so fast...plus the PC's are done same day. I think he said Fed-ex was about $40US. I keep forgetting to ask him how much the same day PC was. I'll text him and ask right now.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Ok so I asked about the same day police certificate and its $2000 JA. Not sure how much the others are. But this seems to be a really good deal. Nothing in JA is ususally this fast. :star:

Timeline

Just JA 2,000???...my husband paid 3000 for the three day one...was it a hookup???...thats good though....

US Embassy:

Timeline

Make sure when you submit the police certificate, it is the top copy that is considered the original. Mike's interview was done today and pending approval after submission of the original PC. I have it in my possession.

Timeline
Just JA 2,000???...my husband paid 3000 for the three day one...was it a hookup???...thats good though....

Not that I know of. I told him don't be doing no hook-up stuff when it comes to the logistics of this visa stuff. His mother called the station and asked about it cause she knew someone down there, but I don't think he got a hook-up or anything. Its supposed to be a relatively new process...the one day thing.

Timeline

Make sure when you submit the police certificate, it is the top copy that is considered the original. Mike's interview was done today and pending approval after submission of the original PC. I have it in my possession.

but the NVC needs an original AND you need one at the interview? but BOTH copies arent considered original??

Im so confused.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

but the NVC needs an original AND you need one at the interview? but BOTH copies arent considered original??

Im so confused.

One copy is an original and the other is a carbon copy of that original. You can tell the difference when you see them.

Oh and about that 1 day service PC thing.....AUGH!!! So its not exactly the current process. I don' t really know whats up with it all. Apparently my husband did get some kinda hook-up even after I told him to NOT do that. STUBBORN I tell ya. His mother knows some guy that works down there, so after he paid $2000 J the guy moved his processing to the very top of the list and thats why it was processed same day. The way he described it was all confusing to me and annoying so I really don't know the exact situation. Whether or not there is some same day service is up in the air to me.

Timeline

Im so confused.

It confused me too. If you look at them it is hard to know the difference. What they did was put two pieces of paper together with a carbon between them and typed with a typewriter, then they attached the picture and put the police seal over the picture. So if you are not careful you could mix them up. Just send the one that is on top and bring the other with you to the interview just in case cause you never know with these people. Tonya sent in the original and they asked for the other copy at her interview. I just want someone to learn from my mistake.

Timeline

Im so confused.

It confused me too. If you look at them it is hard to know the difference. What they did was put two pieces of paper together with a carbon between them and typed with a typewriter, then they attached the picture and put the police seal over the picture. So if you are not careful you could mix them up. Just send the one that is on top and bring the other with you to the interview just in case cause you never know with these people. Tonya sent in the original and they asked for the other copy at her interview. I just want someone to learn from my mistake.

thanks!!!

Thats sad about not having same day service Lita :(

That would have made my life SO MUCH easier :(

hmm

whats the best way to send the PC back to me?

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

Im so confused.

thanks!!!

hmm

Shrewdie, everytime I see your post my heart jumps becaus I so want you to get the darn NOA-2.

The best and fastest way is either DHL or Fed-Ex. Do not put it into the Ja mail system. It is a nightmare. It is best to pay the money and be sure you are going to get it than stress out over it not arriving on time. It cost Mike about Ja$2000 to send me DHL envelope.

Edited by clairern

Timeline

My husband appointed me the agent and the mail came to me in my name...i have a question about the PC...I got the mail my husband mailed to me using the regular mail system and I noticed the PC has a place where they are suppose to sign under his picture...my husband didn't sign it....r u suppose to sign it???...

US Embassy:

Timeline

Im so confused.

thanks!!!

hmm

Shrewdie, everytime I see your post my heart jumps becaus I so want you to get the darn NOA-2.

The best and fastest way is either DHL or Fed-Ex. Do not put it into the Ja mail system. It is a nightmare. It is best to pay the money and be sure you are going to get it than stress out over it not arriving on time. It cost Mike about Ja$2000 to send me DHL envelope.

Thanks Claire...still no news :(

Im past 6 months.

its nuts.

Surely I will get NOA2 before I leave for Jamaica on june 6..

I hope :(

I was HOPING to have been thru NVC by then.. I never imagined that I would be here still waiting at this point in the year

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.