Seattle2Cebu

I really need some help

91 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I think american- american marriages are around 50-50. I remember one area of the country had a 70% divorce rate..

I dont know what the real stats are. maybe its 50/50 i really dont know.. That would really be interesting to know.

You are really right about getting to know each other, and I have come to believe that means doing whatever you have to do to spend time with your fiance in person. A one month visit or two of them... whatever is not the way to go.

I am sorry this happened to you, but in all fairness to the Filipinas. Majority of them come here for the right reasons!! I think you would agree to that!! There are scammers from every country in the world that want to come here.. I feel like I am the luckiest Man on Earth that I found a Beautiful,Sincere,Trustworthy and Honest woman who happens to be a Filipina. My life has forever changed for the better since Ruchie and Mathew came into my life.

I wish you the best and hope this one works out for you. Take your time and really get to know each other.

Good Luck to You!! :thumbs:

:yes::thumbs:

50/50? :huh::no: I don't know any stat either, but IMHO, that's way high.

I agree with you! That figure is way too high. My comment was to protect the Filipinas. I thank God that I am married to a Filipina. Just because there are a few scammers out there, doesn't mean that all Filipina's should be generalized.

I am very proud to be married to a Filipina.... She is my Angel!!!! Enough Said! :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering how you chat online and enjoy each other's company if she does not speak English (which is being taught from nursery to college). Anyway, good luck to your new journey in love.

N-400

March 21, 2014 - Application sent thru Expressmail

March 25, 2014 - Received/Priority Date

March 26, 2014 - Check cashed

March 27, 2014 - Notice Date

April 2, 2014 - Notice for Biometrics Appointment thru email

Aprill 22, 2014 - Biometrics

April 24, 2014 - In line for interview

August 25, 2014-Scheduled for Interview

September 30, 2014 - Interview and Oath-Taking :joy:

I think american- american marriages are around 50-50. I remember one area of the country had a 70% divorce rate..

I thought your 50/50 was in reference to Filipinas whose main reason for K or marriage visa was as a way to get here.

as far as divorce of FilAM Couples, I'd guess it's below national average.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

I agree with you! That figure is way too high. My comment was to protect the Filipinas. I thank God that I am married to a Filipina. Just because there are a few scammers out there, doesn't mean that all Filipina's should be generalized.

I am very proud to be married to a Filipina.... She is my Angel!!!! Enough Said! :)

Danny, you are a real sweetheart. I'm telling you, Ruchie is so proud of you too. :thumbs:

While it's painfully true that there are some Filipinas with bad intentions/reasons of coming here in the US, the majority of us do believe in the sanctity of marriage. We all went through a lot to be with our loves ones and those trials, hardships and heartaches from being far apart are enough reasons for all of us here to value each other. My husband is proud to be married to me (modesty aside). :blush:

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Danny, you are a real sweetheart. I'm telling you, Ruchie is so proud of you too. :thumbs:

While it's painfully true that there are some Filipinas with bad intentions/reasons of coming here in the US, the majority of us do believe in the sanctity of marriage. We all went through a lot to be with our loves ones and those trials, hardships and heartaches from being far apart are enough reasons for all of us here to value each other. My husband is proud to be married to me (modesty aside). :blush:

--Mae

Thank You Mae!! I have a great deal of Respect for anyone (male or female) who leaves their country to come here so they can be with their loved one. It takes a special kind of Love to do that for someone ...

It bothers me when I see someone being scammed. I don't care what country the scammer came from, I refuse to generalize the rest of SO's that came from these countries... Even though this process hurts like HELL sometimes, I would do it again for my wife.

BTW Mae, David is a lucky man too!! :)

she doesnt have college, and didnt finish high school i dont think.. I didnt either, but I went back later to college and got a degree. Im having a lot of fun studying the cebuano language. We chatted a couple days ago for about an hour on yahoo. We kept laughing at each other. I just look up words with the online dictionary, but I dont have the verb conjugations and all that. I send her emails with pictures to describe what im saying. Its kinda wierd, coz we are back where we were a year ago. I told her Pasayloa ako, I made a terrible mistake when I took the ex fiance back after she proved herself untrustworthy. I learned happiness isnt in the job or education someone has or even physical attraction. She said shes been waiting for me all this time to wake up. She is always so excited when I call her. I am planning on moving to Cebu for several months or a year. I think you have to come back after a year and then you can go back again. I have to work at arranging that. The biggest difference I noticed in her is that she doesnt talk about the usa or say "i want to go there" and things like that. She just says when are you coming to see me, ive been waiting so long. I asked her if I can just move there, and she said yes thats fine with her. I get a little impatient that I cant tell her a lot of things and she probably feels like that to. I asked her through a translator if sometimes during this last year she felt me thinking about her, because sometimes I did, and I thought she was thinking about me. I never contacted her because my fiance asked me not to. She said she knew when I was thinking about her, and she knew I would come to see her someday and she is waiting for me. Maybe its bs, but I dont think it is. She never asks me for money, and an aunt told me she was crying because one of her relatives asked me for money on the phone and she was really upset about that. She always comes to the internet cafe and leaves me a message or an email even though she doesnt have a lot of money, and she texts my phone.

My brain tells me to keep my mouth shut and mind my own business, but sometimes I can't help myself. :lol:

All I can think is.......Oh brother.....here he goes again. :bonk: I can only assume from your timeline that since your interview on this last K-1 was 3-3-08, that you very recently broke up with your "fiance" that supposedly scammed you, but is now back in the PI. All I can say is that reading the above post makes me want to say, "Slow the heck down, Cowboy!" You have barely gotten rid of the last one and you are now talking about how great this new girl is and how you have already asked her if its okay if you will move there for a few months to a year. Of course, I am sure you don't plan on moving there next week or anything, right? Maybe give it a month or two to plan it out. Geesh!

In my opinion....and take it for what it's worth....but reading your post makes it sound as if you are already taken by the cousin. You need to give it a rest and take the time to get to know someone before you rush into another relationship. Is there a reason that this new relationship needs to get off the ground faster than superman on his next mission? I am not one to move quickly into a relationship anyway so I am sure that factors into my opinion, but let the dust settle a little.

One thing you can do to protect yourself from being "scammed" again is to put time on your side. A girl looking to scam you for money or a visa will not usually stick around for a year or two if they are not really interested in you as a person. (Yes....I did say a year or two.) They want the fast results and there are too many others willing to take the bait....sadly to say. If she is really into you as a person, she will wait forever.....not that you have to make her wait forever. Just slow down and take your time. Use the time to get to know the girl intimately. It's only then that you can develop a true love and not a puppy love infatuation.

Just my humble opinion. You can use it or lose it. :lol:

Scott

PS....I know this is all a bit presumptuous, so please forgive me if I got it all wrong. ;)

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Filed: Timeline

makes sense to me..

Im not getting engaged or married anytime soon... I want to go live in the P.I. and thats something I have wanted to do for some time now. Im just back where I was a year ago, thats all.. Im just happy my burden is lifted and I got my life back.

she doesnt have college, and didnt finish high school i dont think.. I didnt either, but I went back later to college and got a degree. Im having a lot of fun studying the cebuano language. We chatted a couple days ago for about an hour on yahoo. We kept laughing at each other. I just look up words with the online dictionary, but I dont have the verb conjugations and all that. I send her emails with pictures to describe what im saying. Its kinda wierd, coz we are back where we were a year ago. I told her Pasayloa ako, I made a terrible mistake when I took the ex fiance back after she proved herself untrustworthy. I learned happiness isnt in the job or education someone has or even physical attraction. She said shes been waiting for me all this time to wake up. She is always so excited when I call her. I am planning on moving to Cebu for several months or a year. I think you have to come back after a year and then you can go back again. I have to work at arranging that. The biggest difference I noticed in her is that she doesnt talk about the usa or say "i want to go there" and things like that. She just says when are you coming to see me, ive been waiting so long. I asked her if I can just move there, and she said yes thats fine with her. I get a little impatient that I cant tell her a lot of things and she probably feels like that to. I asked her through a translator if sometimes during this last year she felt me thinking about her, because sometimes I did, and I thought she was thinking about me. I never contacted her because my fiance asked me not to. She said she knew when I was thinking about her, and she knew I would come to see her someday and she is waiting for me. Maybe its bs, but I dont think it is. She never asks me for money, and an aunt told me she was crying because one of her relatives asked me for money on the phone and she was really upset about that. She always comes to the internet cafe and leaves me a message or an email even though she doesnt have a lot of money, and she texts my phone.

My brain tells me to keep my mouth shut and mind my own business, but sometimes I can't help myself. :lol:

All I can think is.......Oh brother.....here he goes again. :bonk: I can only assume from your timeline that since your interview on this last K-1 was 3-3-08, that you very recently broke up with your "fiance" that supposedly scammed you, but is now back in the PI. All I can say is that reading the above post makes me want to say, "Slow the heck down, Cowboy!" You have barely gotten rid of the last one and you are now talking about how great this new girl is and how you have already asked her if its okay if you will move there for a few months to a year. Of course, I am sure you don't plan on moving there next week or anything, right? Maybe give it a month or two to plan it out. Geesh!

In my opinion....and take it for what it's worth....but reading your post makes it sound as if you are already taken by the cousin. You need to give it a rest and take the time to get to know someone before you rush into another relationship. Is there a reason that this new relationship needs to get off the ground faster than superman on his next mission? I am not one to move quickly into a relationship anyway so I am sure that factors into my opinion, but let the dust settle a little.

One thing you can do to protect yourself from being "scammed" again is to put time on your side. A girl looking to scam you for money or a visa will not usually stick around for a year or two if they are not really interested in you as a person. (Yes....I did say a year or two.) They want the fast results and there are too many others willing to take the bait....sadly to say. If she is really into you as a person, she will wait forever.....not that you have to make her wait forever. Just slow down and take your time. Use the time to get to know the girl intimately. It's only then that you can develop a true love and not a puppy love infatuation.

Scott

PS....I know this is all a bit presumptuous, so please forgive me if I got it all wrong. ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think this is better idea. Living here and getting to know this girl in person is a nice idea. So to avoid being scammed again. Good luck.918685hjo4ku3cfd.gif

makes sense to me..

Im not getting engaged or married anytime soon... I want to go live in the P.I. and thats something I have wanted to do for some time now. Im just back where I was a year ago, thats all.. Im just happy my burden is lifted and I got my life back.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Scott

You've said everything I wanted to say but was hesitant to. he he. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi, I take it your a guy from USA? There are some fairly "street smart" people in here. You may want to change your request to "can you people advise me".

If I am reading this correctly, you are about to be surprized again. Sorry it sounds like your being scammed, send money to a third party person and I dont have my own ID.

Trust me...

Good Call

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

FYI

The USA is in retrogression for nurses.

If you try to come to USA via work visa, it about a 5 years wait.

Carry on

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

We are all presumptuous here, Scott. :thumbs: Why on earth he'd spend $$$, time, effort and do some sacrifices if he is not thinking about getting the woman for possible marriage? He said he's done with K1. Let's say he will really move to PI (and settle down?), can he really live with the fact that life will be so much easier for him and his future lady love if they are here in US.

Just my .02 for what it's worth.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
We are all presumptuous here, Scott. :thumbs: Why on earth he'd spend $$$, time, effort and do some sacrifices if he is not thinking about getting the woman for possible marriage? He said he's done with K1. Let's say he will really move to PI (and settle down?), can he really live with the fact that life will be so much easier for him and his future lady love if they are here in US.

Just my .02 for what it's worth.

--Mae

He spent $$$, time, effort, and did some sacrifices for a woman (the alledged scammer) he obviously didnt know too well too.

The OP will do what he wants when he wants it. Free country, Free will.

Most people on this thread are obviously seeing something the OP is not seeing or doesnt want to see.

But since since its free country, free will, free speech... I would like to add that I am filipino and proud to be. I moved to the states a long time ago and after two decades of dating American women, I decided to marry a filipina because of qualities that most people here are very, very well aware of.

But for every sea, there are sharks. And from what I read on these post, It seems the OP keeps attracting the sharks.

You gotta remember though... If you keep throwing money to people you hardly know, that's like throwing buckets of bloody meat out onto the water. The sharks will come.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.