Seattle2Cebu

I really need some help

91 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I got a call today from a filipino guy who brought over his fiance on a k-1 recently.. his fiance was talking with mine a lot on the internet and also seeing each other. Well his fiance has run off and he has no idea where she is and he is frantic of course.. Apparently both these girls had the idea that they could come over here and look around for someone else they liked and be able to marry them. They dont seem to have understood the process? or playing dumb i dont know..

I was talking to a filipino guy at work and he told me that the idea of some filipinos is that just make it to the usa and then make a way after you are here. I guess with millions of illegal aliens running around free and working and living here, why not? It seems like its a plan that can work. It might seem like a hard way to go, but being illegal in the usa is better than living in poverty somewhere else.

I think most of the girls that think like this have the sense to stick it out long enough to get the legal papers and then take off, but apparently there are some who dont mind just taking off as soon as they hit the ground here.

This guy who called me had come to my place with his fiance and taken my fiance out to eat a couple of times while I was at work. I knew they were coming to do that and I thought it was nice. Well he told me that my exfiance was wanting to meet someone here that she really liked and she would leave me then. He told me she was up to no good. Well I already figured that one out.. but I dont know what these girls are really thinking.. I spoiled her so much, she

just thought I would let her do whatever she wanted i think..

I got off really lucky because if she had gone ahead and continued this baloney, I would have been out a lot more time and emotional expense... and a divorce and blah blah blah...

Im learning visaya now and having a lot of fun with that.. I found an online cebuano bible and that gives me a lot of text to compare with english and I found a govt peace corps print thing online... and Tom Marking has a great cebuano grammer page at his website. http://www.tomandcathymarking.com/cebuano/...oStudyNotes.pdf

http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICDocs/data/ericd...80/14/cc/1f.pdf

and there is a web reader at this site that lets you scan over words from cebuano web pages you can find to download to it.. and that is really awesome you can see the english translation of the words as you scan the mouse over them.

http://www.binisaya.com/webreader

Im going to pay for ailene to have some english tutoring or formal classes in english in cebu.

I am aware that none of this made much sense.. well guess what, it didnt make sense to me either.

I dont have a romance with ailene, we have a fun time and laugh a lot at each other. We always did a year ago.

Maybe true hearts find a way to each other..

I was always restless, doubtful, angry, and unhappy with my fiance.. ( hello )

I learned that if something isnt working... then it isnt working..

I almost cancelled the visa a couple of times, but I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt.. I wanted

to contact her cousin a few times, but I made a choice to be true to my fiance.. Well it all played out

and Im happy now, my ex-fiance is happy and ailene is happy..

now I just have to learn visaya... Im going to go live in Cebu for 6 months to a year. Im done with k-1 visas.

Seattle,

Wow!! Your story is unusual.. My reaction is you are such a big sport and i would say have a big heart.368946ubr1l5b29n.gif

In fairness to your ex-fiance, at least she stopped fooling by not marrying you.368961yzn6nhcis8.gif

Good luck to you and your upcoming new-love.921813vboixnqzo5.gif

-Shape

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry this happened to you, but in all fairness to the Filipinas. Majority of them come here for the right reasons!! I think you would agree to that!! There are scammers from every country in the world that want to come here.. I feel like I am the luckiest Man on Earth that I found a Beautiful,Sincere,Trustworthy and Honest woman who happens to be a Filipina. My life has forever changed for the better since Ruchie and Mathew came into my life.

I wish you the best and hope this one works out for you. Take your time and really get to know each other.

Good Luck to You!! :thumbs:

I dont know what the real stats are. maybe its 50/50 i really dont know.. That would really be interesting to know.

You are really right about getting to know each other, and I have come to believe that means doing whatever you have to do to spend time with your fiance in person. A one month visit or two of them... whatever is not the way to go.

I am sorry this happened to you, but in all fairness to the Filipinas. Majority of them come here for the right reasons!! I think you would agree to that!! There are scammers from every country in the world that want to come here.. I feel like I am the luckiest Man on Earth that I found a Beautiful,Sincere,Trustworthy and Honest woman who happens to be a Filipina. My life has forever changed for the better since Ruchie and Mathew came into my life.

I wish you the best and hope this one works out for you. Take your time and really get to know each other.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
I am in contact with someone in Cebu who doesnt speak english and I am just beginning to learn visaya. I want to send a little money to this person just so that she can come and chat with me. She doesnt have ID. I want to send her a message.. Will someone please help me and translate this for me to cebuano... thank you very much

Ailene.. I will send money to the person you gave me in the email, but I want you to get your own ID

so i can send the money to you and nobody else.

Use the money that I send to go get a birth certificate. I think they will accept that at the bank

where you pick up the money from xoom.

Please do this, its very important to me. thank you

Thank you so much if someone will translate this for me...

My fiance isnt here to translate this for me. She went back to the Philippines. She announced we are just friends after

two days and wanted me to be in a fake marriage to help her !! wow.. well live and learn...

thanks for anyones help...

I would advise dont send money ..

Go there Birth cert are cheap ......

Dont be scammed again .....

thank you very much now that was helpful......

its a cousin of my fiance... We always liked each other and I have chatted with her several times with a translator,

even when my fiance was here, my fiance helped me chat with her... lol

my problem was I spoiled my fiance too much and she just thought I would do anything for her...

she is in singapore now working as a nurse.... she used me, but its my fault for letting her also...

we still chat... she just should have come here on a work visa and not a fiance visa..

Sorry to hear what happened to you. Just to be safe why don't you order her a birth certificate yourself?

Here is the website: https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

Hope this helps. :)

Geez! she's a nurse? and dont know how to speak english? thats odd? even in Elementary we have english subject..I wonder how she graduated without knowing how to speak english... :whistle: ...

K-3 Visa

Marriage : 2007-02-26

I-130 Sent : 2007-07-05

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-07-13

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-18

I-130 Approval : 2007-12-03

Interview Date : 2008-04-10

Visa Received : 2008-04-15

US Entry : 2008-05-02

EAD Filed : 2008-10-16

NOA Date : 2007-10-20

Bio. Appt. : 2008-12-19

Approved Date : 2008-12-31

Date Card Received : 2009-01-05

EAD was approved in 76 days.

the ex fiance was a nurse and spoke english very well.... the cousin doesnt speak english

but apparently you dont know how to read... so dont sweat it.

thank you very much now that was helpful......

its a cousin of my fiance... We always liked each other and I have chatted with her several times with a translator,

even when my fiance was here, my fiance helped me chat with her... lol

my problem was I spoiled my fiance too much and she just thought I would do anything for her...

she is in singapore now working as a nurse.... she used me, but its my fault for letting her also...

we still chat... she just should have come here on a work visa and not a fiance visa..

Sorry to hear what happened to you. Just to be safe why don't you order her a birth certificate yourself?

Here is the website: https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

Hope this helps. :)

Geez! she's a nurse? and dont know how to speak english? thats odd? even in Elementary we have english subject..I wonder how she graduated without knowing how to speak english... :whistle: ...

this is just a curiosity, if its too invasive then you dont have to answer (no offense)... how old is your friend now and did you happen to know what's the highest educational attainment she got???

im asking this because i do believe that somehow she does know a little bit of english. like for example the word "hi, hello, how are you" etc (all the simple stuff)... these words starts from the family, environment and media even before one has been to school or not... im not a psychiatrist so this is not an assessment but merely just an opinion... i do think she has lack of confident in herself, also to speak a foreign language that she somehow understand yet its hard for her to construct in a sentence much more to say it... she might have limited comprehension, but its there somewhere... so i do believe if she builds that confidence plus going to a language class, its easier for her to use when time comes... just hang in there coz for sure it will come soon... i dont think she's a no-how or a no-brainer because that would be very unfair for her. with all honesty i do believe or have the gut feeling that somehow she can pick up pieces of words... its just the voicing it out that is causing the problem... let say for example the america humor compared to a filipino humor... its way way different... i started watching and enjoyed american sitcoms when i was in high school, and at first although i do understand what they're saying, what i cannot understand is that why are they laughing (live audience)... then later on i started getting it and i also started laughing w/ them lol... here comes mom, who's not used to this type of sitcoms asking me why am i laughing lol... filipino humor is more in to actions than words and in a very different way... when i translate it to my husband, he seems not getting it or not amused by the joke...

persistent is the key and i saw that in you... if you believe in this thing, that for whatever it takes or for whatever the outcome would be i know it is what you wanted... i wish you luck in your visayan pursuit, you can do it! and so does to your friend! :thumbs: God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

the ex fiance was a nurse and spoke english very well.... the cousin doesnt speak english

but apparently you dont know how to read... so dont sweat it.

:blink:

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

she doesnt have college, and didnt finish high school i dont think.. I didnt either, but I went back later to college and got a degree. Im having a lot of fun studying the cebuano language. We chatted a couple days ago for about an hour on yahoo. We kept laughing at each other. I just look up words with the online dictionary, but I dont have the verb conjugations and all that. I send her emails with pictures to describe what im saying. Its kinda wierd, coz we are back where we were a year ago. I told her Pasayloa ako, I made a terrible mistake when I took the ex fiance back after she proved herself untrustworthy. I learned happiness isnt in the job or education someone has or even physical attraction. She said shes been waiting for me all this time to wake up. She is always so excited when I call her. I am planning on moving to Cebu for several months or a year. I think you have to come back after a year and then you can go back again. I have to work at arranging that. The biggest difference I noticed in her is that she doesnt talk about the usa or say "i want to go there" and things like that. She just says when are you coming to see me, ive been waiting so long. I asked her if I can just move there, and she said yes thats fine with her. I get a little impatient that I cant tell her a lot of things and she probably feels like that to. I asked her through a translator if sometimes during this last year she felt me thinking about her, because sometimes I did, and I thought she was thinking about me. I never contacted her because my fiance asked me not to. She said she knew when I was thinking about her, and she knew I would come to see her someday and she is waiting for me. Maybe its bs, but I dont think it is. She never asks me for money, and an aunt told me she was crying because one of her relatives asked me for money on the phone and she was really upset about that. She always comes to the internet cafe and leaves me a message or an email even though she doesnt have a lot of money, and she texts my phone.

this is just a curiosity, if its too invasive then you dont have to answer (no offense)... how old is your friend now and did you happen to know what's the highest educational attainment she got???

im asking this because i do believe that somehow she does know a little bit of english. like for example the word "hi, hello, how are you" etc (all the simple stuff)... these words starts from the family, environment and media even before one has been to school or not... im not a psychiatrist so this is not an assessment but merely just an opinion... i do think she has lack of confident in herself, also to speak a foreign language that she somehow understand yet its hard for her to construct in a sentence much more to say it... she might have limited comprehension, but its there somewhere... so i do believe if she builds that confidence plus going to a language class, its easier for her to use when time comes... just hang in there coz for sure it will come soon... i dont think she's a no-how or a no-brainer because that would be very unfair for her. with all honesty i do believe or have the gut feeling that somehow she can pick up pieces of words... its just the voicing it out that is causing the problem... let say for example the america humor compared to a filipino humor... its way way different... i started watching and enjoyed american sitcoms when i was in high school, and at first although i do understand what they're saying, what i cannot understand is that why are they laughing (live audience)... then later on i started getting it and i also started laughing w/ them lol... here comes mom, who's not used to this type of sitcoms asking me why am i laughing lol... filipino humor is more in to actions than words and in a very different way... when i translate it to my husband, he seems not getting it or not amused by the joke...

persistent is the key and i saw that in you... if you believe in this thing, that for whatever it takes or for whatever the outcome would be i know it is what you wanted... i wish you luck in your visayan pursuit, you can do it! and so does to your friend! :thumbs: God bless!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I believe, the only group of people i knew who cant talk at least a bit of English are those people living in mountains or very remote area. They can only speak their native dialect, and cant be able to speak and understand English. Some of them learn to communicate when they already expose to the community and mingle with people in town or city. I am not saying all, but the possibility of not knowing and unable to talk and unable to understand English is because the place the people have grown up with. 1157878yuhe8y9rp4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I believe, the only group of people i knew who cant talk at least a bit of English are those people living in mountains or very remote area. They can only speak their native dialect, and cant be able to speak and understand English. Some of them learn to communicate when they already expose to the community and mingle with people in town or city. I am not saying all, but the possibility of not knowing and unable to talk and unable to understand English is because the place the people have grown up with.974196p89sh5zpte.gif

This is just so confusing.

My say is, follow what your heart tells you :thumbs: Love is kind a scary and falling in and out of it is just part of life. Love has been and will always be mysterious and deeply profound one can't even understand that things we do for love. We all have been there, done that. So go for it, be happy. If it doesn't work out like the last one, there will always be another. Learn from your mistakes. No retreat no surrender!!

Just a thought.

Myla

she doesnt have college, and didnt finish high school i dont think.. I didnt either, but I went back later to college and got a degree. Im having a lot of fun studying the cebuano language. We chatted a couple days ago for about an hour on yahoo. We kept laughing at each other. I just look up words with the online dictionary, but I dont have the verb conjugations and all that. I send her emails with pictures to describe what im saying. Its kinda wierd, coz we are back where we were a year ago. I told her Pasayloa ako, I made a terrible mistake when I took the ex fiance back after she proved herself untrustworthy. I learned happiness isnt in the job or education someone has or even physical attraction. She said shes been waiting for me all this time to wake up. She is always so excited when I call her. I am planning on moving to Cebu for several months or a year. I think you have to come back after a year and then you can go back again. I have to work at arranging that. The biggest difference I noticed in her is that she doesnt talk about the usa or say "i want to go there" and things like that. She just says when are you coming to see me, ive been waiting so long. I asked her if I can just move there, and she said yes thats fine with her. I get a little impatient that I cant tell her a lot of things and she probably feels like that to. I asked her through a translator if sometimes during this last year she felt me thinking about her, because sometimes I did, and I thought she was thinking about me. I never contacted her because my fiance asked me not to. She said she knew when I was thinking about her, and she knew I would come to see her someday and she is waiting for me. Maybe its bs, but I dont think it is. She never asks me for money, and an aunt told me she was crying because one of her relatives asked me for money on the phone and she was really upset about that. She always comes to the internet cafe and leaves me a message or an email even though she doesnt have a lot of money, and she texts my phone.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

This is just so confusing.

My say is, follow what your heart tells you :thumbs: Love is kind a scary and falling in and out of it is just part of life. Love has been and will always be mysterious and deeply profound one can't even understand that things we do for love. We all have been there, done that. So go for it, be happy. If it doesn't work out like the last one, there will always be another. Learn from your mistakes. No retreat no surrender!!

Just a thought.

Myla

Good advice sis Myla! :thumbs:

Now listen to her or her mom will hold you for contempt. :D J/K!

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

I dont know what the real stats are. maybe its 50/50 i really dont know.. That would really be interesting to know.

You are really right about getting to know each other, and I have come to believe that means doing whatever you have to do to spend time with your fiance in person. A one month visit or two of them... whatever is not the way to go.

:yes::thumbs:

50/50? :huh::no: I don't know any stat either, but IMHO, that's way high.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

:yes::thumbs:

50/50? :huh::no: I don't know any stat either, but IMHO, that's way high.

I agree with you! That figure is way too high. My comment was to protect the Filipinas. I thank God that I am married to a Filipina. Just because there are a few scammers out there, doesn't mean that all Filipina's should be generalized.

I am very proud to be married to a Filipina.... She is my Angel!!!! Enough Said! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.