HKcouple

Help me VJs~, Prep for I-134

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hey all, I recently received my NOA2 via e-mail/uscis website. And now I want to prepare documents to send over to my fiancee. If possible, I will need all the help I can. Sorry if this is long. :unsure:

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

I can do this part, but let's say my copy is not perfect. But the information is accurate. I hope this does not matter too much. Any comments?..

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.

Now for all originals of the documentary proof, what would this consist. I know we don't send our passport. So far I have in mind is my original birth certificates. I'm I forgetting something?

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

This may sound redundant, but can someone provide an example please?

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is notarized (by a US Notary Public), with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

So only the I-134 Affidavit of Support form needs to be notarized? Do my supporting evidence needs to be notarized?

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and useful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

Would this be, the date my bank account opened, statement with total amount deposited last year, my current statement, Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead., ?? Question #7 on the I-134 form, it ask for you to list savings, stocks, bonds, mortgages, do I need to provide or write anything down for those if my annual income is 25,000+ for me and my fiancee? If so, Do I need to provide document to prove that?

6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.

This part is probably the easiest. hehe

7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

Examples: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

Ok, tell me if I have enough or if it's valid. I have Skype phone history, MSN chat log (even though we video cam more than typing), print screen of our video cam for visual pictures. I really can't think of anything else, can some of you guys tell me what your fiance(e) bought to the interview????

To my understanding, I need to send 2 copies of I-134 packet to my fiancee? Questions about I-134, #11, What is some example I can put here??

If I'm missing something or need changes, please tell me.

Many thanks for stopping to read my long paragraph of questions.~~ :dance: :dance: :dance:

Please comment or tell me a correct procedure if there is one.

Kudos~

Tanffy

Edited by tanffy

December Filer

K-1

12/12/07 - Sent I-129F packet out (express mail baby)

12/13/07 - VSC received packet I-129F (Now I'm waiting for my check to cash)

12/14/07 - VSC Check cashed

12/14/07 - NOA1

12/18/07 - Touched

02/17/08 - Touched OMG I got touched

04/02/08 - WOOT NOA2 ^^

04/03/08 - Touched

Can't recall everything that went on but...

About 07/11/08 - My wife first step on USA

We're at the process where we will have an interview for my wife 10 year visa. My wife already have her 2 years condition green card and her Social Security #.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
Hey all, I recently received my NOA2 via e-mail/uscis website. And now I want to prepare documents to send over to my fiancee. If possible, I will need all the help I can. Sorry if this is long. :unsure:

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

I can do this part, but let's say my copy is not perfect. But the information is accurate. I hope this does not matter too much. Any comments?..

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.

Now for all originals of the documentary proof, what would this consist. I know we don't send our passport. So far I have in mind is my original birth certificates. I'm I forgetting something?

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is notarized (by a US Notary Public), with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

So only the I-134 Affidavit of Support form needs to be notarized? Do my supporting evidence needs to be notarized?

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and useful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

Would this be, the date my bank account opened, statement with total amount deposited last year, my current statement, Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead., ?? Question #7 on the I-134 form, it ask for you to list savings, stocks, bonds, mortgages, do I need to provide or write anything down for those if my annual income is 25,000+ for me and my fiancee? If so, Do I need to provide document to prove that?

7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

Examples: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

Ok, tell me if I have enough or if it's valid. I have Skype phone history, MSN chat log (even though we video cam more than typing), print screen of our video cam for visual pictures. I really can't think of anything else, can some of you guys tell me what your fiance(e) bought to the interview????

To my understanding, I need to send 2 copies of I-134 packet to my fiancee? Questions about I-134, #11, What is some example I can put here??

Many thanks for stopping to read my long paragraph of questions.~~ :dance: :dance: :dance:

Kudos~

Tanffy

1. it doesnt matter if the package is a perfect copy or not your sendin it for your fiance to study it not for your fiance to take it to the interview because the embassy will already have the original that you sent to USCIS.

2. like boarding passes, hotel receipts, visa stamps on your passport showing you entered the country stuff like that.

3. this is the easy one go to the example forms and click on it and look for letter of intent and click on that and it will show you how to make one.

4. only the I-134 needs to be notarized you dont need to notarized the supporting docs.

5. since your income is well above the poverty line you dont have to include your bank info but you can provide them with a letter from your bank stating the date it was opened and your average balance for the last year. other than that just send them 3 of your most recent paystubs, last 3 years of your tax transcript(you can get it by calling irs)and a letter from your employer stating the date you started, position, annual income, and that it is full time and you should be ok.

7. what you have is good but you might also wanna include the following if you have them: letters, cards, engagement ring receipt, pictures and if you sent money to your fiance the receipt

I hope this helps, Goodluck with your interview.

Our Timeline:

08/20/07-----Mailed I-129F to CSC

08/21/07-----Recieved at CSC

09/26/07-----NOA1

02/06/08-----Touched (RFE Trick) and approved the same day.

02/07/08-----NOA2 VIA Cris E-mail

02/11/08-----NOA2 Hard Copy Recieved

02/25/08-----Received at NVC

02/27/08-----Left NVC

03/03/08-----Received at Embassy

04/03/08-----Interview! APPROVED!!! YEA YEA YEAH

04/08/08-----VISA In Hand!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!

04/18/08-----She's finally coming home POA IAD!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

BUMP~~

Please help, I want to be prepared to send everything out fast.

December Filer

K-1

12/12/07 - Sent I-129F packet out (express mail baby)

12/13/07 - VSC received packet I-129F (Now I'm waiting for my check to cash)

12/14/07 - VSC Check cashed

12/14/07 - NOA1

12/18/07 - Touched

02/17/08 - Touched OMG I got touched

04/02/08 - WOOT NOA2 ^^

04/03/08 - Touched

Can't recall everything that went on but...

About 07/11/08 - My wife first step on USA

We're at the process where we will have an interview for my wife 10 year visa. My wife already have her 2 years condition green card and her Social Security #.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

It does not need to be an exact copy. It is mostly so that your finacee can see what you sent USCIS and look over in case they ask her any questions about it.

This would be for things like a divorce decree or something like that. You do not need to send your passport. I sent my original birth certificate but they did not ask for it.

Here is the VJ example: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance...r_of_Intent.doc

Only the I-134 needs to be notarized.

If you meet the requirements on income alone you do not need to add anything else. Just provide your pay stubs, letter from employer and your tax information. Double check on your fiancee's packet 3 with the number of years of tax info they want. Some want 1, others 3.

We had e-mails, phone records, text message records and chat logs. We also included my boarding passes from my last trip before the interview and pictures we took together and with some friends and family when I was there.

There is an example I-134 here: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

Many thanks for stopping to read my long paragraph of questions.~~ :dance::dance::dance:

Kudos~

Tanffy

:)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

While the two replies pretty much hit the nail on the head, I wanted to thank the original poster for taking the time to properly research her questions before posting here. The questions you asked were valid and probably on many people's minds, I'm glad that you brought them up. I wouldn't suggest anything more than what has already been suggested, besides using a courier service like DHL or FedEx to send the packet to your beneficiary. I used USPS and sometimes the tracking information isn't always accurate and its the US Government, so I'd prefer to put my money into a private company :)

Good luck and you will do fine!

USA_a.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is not a requirement as the CO will not readjudicate the petition. It is good idea for your fiance(e) to be very familiar with all the information that was submitted.

Again this is not a requirement as the CO will not readjudicate the petition. It is good idea for your fiance(e) to be very familiar with all the information that was submitted. What you do need is bonafide relationship evidence particularly from the time the petition was submitted until interview time in #7 below.

This is not a requirement as unless your consulate specifically requests one.

Only the I-134

This is not a requirement. The consulate has the petition that was sent to them directly from NVC who got it directly from USCIS. There is no questin that the petition has been approved.

Kudos~

Tanffy

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.