Teacher Mark

Vista Rocks!

93 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Sorry Troll. I reserve my internet sparring for those whom I actually feel something for, whether it be love or hate. Usually. Sometimes I just rant at random people. Hmmm....Actually, that's what I usually do, isn't it?

Let's see.....

HOW COULD YOU LIKE VISTA, YOU INSIGNIFICANT FROG TESTICLE?????

Is that better?

Frog testicle?? :rofl:

It was between that and "You dripping goat #######!"

Bonus points to anyone who can name the author who coined those terms/phrases...

I thought it was from "The Stand" by Steven King.

Right author, wrong book.

Stephen King (and Peter Straub) - The Talisman.

Ah, OK. I read a lot of Steven King. I just got it mixed up. The man is so demented. I guess thats why I like him so much.

Ditto.

I own most of them. As well as Peter Straub.

I'm not really a fan of "horror", but I like their writing styles.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Here you Can find many solves to Windows`s Vista problems , Hope you can enjoy your time

http://www.egyptfans.net/forums/showthread.php?p=31#post31

Dude, use a smaller font ffs............

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I haven't used Vista myself, so I can't say much on how it operates, however, I do think we need to remember one very important thing about Microsoft operating systems: They never work well at the beginning!

Look at Windows XP. Sure, lots of people love it now, but it was released in 2001. This October, XP will be seven years old and with two service packs, it's turned into a decent OS. When it first came out, it had tons of problems. I know; I was one of the early adopters of it.

By contrast, Vista is a little over a year old now. It's had one service pack, but it's also a much more complex design. Whether or not that's a good thing is subjective, but the fact remains that there's more to it than previous Windows versions.

Eventually, I believe Vista will become an OS at least as good as XP is today. Of course, by the time that happens, Microsoft will roll out a brand new OS and shelf Vista. They seem to have a habit of doing that, which is really too bad. I tend to think PC users like having an operating system that is (usually) stable and compatible with most pieces of hardware and software.

Edited by DeadPoolX

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I had a Linux server that was on - without a single reboot - for 72 weeks. Try that with a Windows machine.

mawilson:# w

02:29:02 up 384 days, 9:39, 4 users, load average: 7.27, 6.87, 6.64

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey guys,

im using a VISTA for half a year now, and im getting used to it already, although some features that i find easily on other OS, i find it hard in Vista. :wacko:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have Vista on this laptop which speed wise isn't so bad unless I have a lot of stuff running. Sending stuff back and forth on the network on the other hand is a pain. It's also a pain trying to find things in sensible places as I think someone else has mentioned. I can't STAND the asking permission for things, when it came out I heard that was eventually going to decrease as it gets used to your habits. I'm still waiting. :whistle: I miss XP, hell I'll even deal with 2000 which is still a very good OS but not every program, driver etc will have a 2k version.

So I'm dealing with Vista at the moment, not happy about it but what can I do? (other than breaking down and buying XP, no thank you.) I have an XP disk somewhere but I don't think it works anymore, and I'm sure some of you will figure out why :whistle: Arrrrrrrr!

I do like that it finds drivers for devices online a lot better (I've yet had to use a disk or look for one online myself.) But that could have just been my XP machine being a bit funny.

Life long Texan, living in Hull, UK. How did this happen?

11 January - We met online and became friends

4 February - Became a couple

17 March - I went to Hull to meet the guy

20 March - First "I love you"

25 March - I go home :(

16 November - He comes to visit me in Texas

25 November - he leaves back home :(

14 December - ENGAGED! <3

1 March- I fly off to see my babe in Hull

4 April - I go home :(

9 October - He comes back to Texas!!!!

13 October - WEDDING!!!

22 October - He goes back to England and I continue to wait for my settlement visa.

13 December 2007 - Move to England

Now the wait begins, I will become a citizen then we will DFC back to the US.

the-british-are-comming-small.jpg965-smaller.jpg

Our slide show .......... Our page on TheKnot.com

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

. . . . And - worse of all - there are extremely limited options to change the appearance colours of the screens - I am stuck with Blues and I want greens and golds! (hehehehe)

you can change it if you right click on your desktop and then click on personalize and then click on window color and appearance.. you can almost get any colour you want....

it even lets you access the classic options...

I tried that - couldn't get the colour choice panel to come up - could only get a handful of pre-loaded options, none of which I liked. Hmm, back to trying to find out more about Vista that doesn't make sense . . .

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

If you think Vista has a learning curve - try working with MS Office 2007 :wacko:

The interface and menu structure which has remained more or less static since Windows 3.1 versions of Office is now completely, completely different.

If you think Vista has a learning curve - try working with MS Office 2007 :wacko:

The interface and menu structure which has remained more or less static since Windows 3.1 versions of Office is now completely, completely different.

I'll continue with Office 2003 Enterprise; thanks. lol

I think I'm going to buy about 1000 copies of XP... when they stop selling XP in a few months or a year, I'll start listing them on eBay. I should get very, very rich.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think I'm going to buy about 1000 copies of XP... when they stop selling XP in a few months or a year, I'll start listing them on eBay. I should get very, very rich.

that is a good idea, i think i'll go hunt down a xp version too.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

There aren't enough new features in Office 2007 to justify the upgrade - I got mine for $20 through a deal at work.

I do like though that you can get a PDF coverter for Office directly from Microsoft - so I no longer have to faff around with copies of Acrobat.

There aren't enough new features in Office 2007 to justify the upgrade - I got mine for $20 through a deal at work.

I do like though that you can get a PDF coverter for Office directly from Microsoft - so I no longer have to faff around with copies of Acrobat.

I like Acrobat. I have.... hmmm.... either 6.0 or 7.0 lol I don't even know.

I worked for Butler University for a while, so I loaded up on software while I worked there. I bought 2 different versions of Office for Mac, XP, XP for 64bit, and Office XP.

I've actually been using OpenOffice a lot, though. Just because I hate Microsoft.

In my role of "IT Guru" at the bike shop, my first task was to configure the new computers. IE icons have disappeared and Firefox was installed. However....even though I'm a rabid Firefox fan....it has some issues lately. So, I've also installed Safari for Windows on all of them. If that doesn't work out, there's always Opera.

The new owner started to install Norton on his computer. A vicious b!tch-slap stopped that quickly and I forced him to download and install Panda Anti-Virus. Now if I could just get the time to uninstall all of the stupid-####### Dell software. "Network ASSistant"? #######? XP works just fine without ####### like that. So, that's my next task....getting it down to just XP SP2, not "XP w/Extra Sh!t by Dell!"

I haven't used Vista yet. To many people have warned me off of it. But I assume at some point I will have to unless I go to a non-microsoft OS. What is this "permission" thing your talking about? Does this mean my collection of less than legal software will no longer work?