In Gods Hands

K-3 INTERVIEW IN JORDAN COMPLETE!!

8 posts in this topic

K-3 INTERVIEW IN JORDAN

FINALLY THAT DAY CAME..FINALLY CROSSED THAT BRIDGE..

Thank you Lord.. Thank you Soo much!! Thank you to all of you who helped us thus far! Thank you for your support!

Ok.. I haven't had much rest yet..but here's how it went. (Im sure my husband will share more as soon as he's rested)

Ahmads appt was set for 7:30am...but as usual we knew it was all about arriving early and then wait..but most important be on time and prepared. So there he is looking like he's ready to move into one of their offices with all his required docs and "supporting evidence". There were a few others there..but they had only a folder or two. This made some of them a little nervous thinking maybe they were supposed to bring more..but for some it just depended on what their exact purpose was for being there.

His first interview was with a woman. She asked him only a few questions. For starters she asked "how did you meet?". He told her how and what circumstances led to our meeting online. This brought up my son marrying an arabic woman..which in turn brought up the age questions -My sons, Ahmads and mine. This question gave [u]Ahmad opportunity to share more about our sincere love and the building up of our relationship[/u]. She asked what his parents thought of me (and our relationship). With these questions he offered to show pictures, emails, phone records etc..(which was located in his "luggage" file- 1 large/2 small) She said no..don't need to ..just show some pics. Ahmad said he had so many here due to 3 celebrations/2 visits to Jordan. She said just a few is fine. He brought out a few pix of us together and also me with his parents and family. She asked "When did you see her last?" . He answered with exact dates and time periods She seemed very interested and pleased with the photos..in which her tone and reaction changed greatly when she who I was and how the pics showed my relationship with him & his family (very close/ the pix don't lie). She did ask if he had a copy of the visa stamp in my passport of my visit.. he said he didn't have it but had my boarding pass/luggage tags etc as proof and offered it. She said no..its ok..don't need it. Then she said ok.. I believe you. Now the only thing that would need to be done is to wait outside and the next interviewer would call him..then they would need to get one last security check..after this his passport would be stamped. She was very pleasant and Ahmad felt that if she felt something was wrong or missing that she would tell him.

The next interview took place a few minutes after he left her. He met with a man. As he walked in with his "mini" file suitcase ensemble... The man said "Whoa!!.. ok ok..I believe you!! (smiling and jesting with him as he looked at all of what Ahmad carried). Ahmad smiled... remained calm and ready. He was asked to show all docs I-134 and supporting docs. I had this set up in a presentation folder. Ahmad had one- Sponsor "me"..and another folder- Co-sponsor "my dad". The interviewer was impressed bc I also included 2007 tax papers (W-2s/Form 1040- no 2007 transcript). Also I included 2004-2006 transcripts/W-2's. Other documents to support information given on I-134 (employee verif/recent paystubs ....). He took mostly everything from those folders and viewed his screen and said that Ahmad had everythign they asked for and more and this was good. He said this was the end of process..All was completed and acceptable..but they had to follow thru with sending it for one more check. Ahmad questioned "What should I tell my wife about this interview?" He was then told " all is good and completed..just would need to wait for last check (if all is clear), then request for him to send in passport..then it would be stamped with visa. Ahmad continued to ask about how long bc this has been so hard on us..the waiting and being apart..and this is why I had to come back to visit again. The man said that it says up to 3 months..but it could be much much faster and not to worry because everything looked good and it was just a procedure that had to do now.

Note: You may not be asked alot of questions or need to show all supporting evidence of your communication or closeness ..but it's better to have more than less. You never know what they will ask for or what questions they will ask. Having pictures available are just as important..a picture and first impression says alot more than you could ever.

Soooooooooooo... now we wait again. But thank God for bringing us this far..and never leaving us..I know He will see us through all the way..and if we do our best to try to stay focused and teachable, we will gain so much more as God perfects our love and our lives much much more than we could ever imagine. Thank you Lord!!

Edited by AhmadGwen4evr

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks so much for sharing Gwen! This is of great help to others and you were very thorough. Congratulations for making it through this long, tough journey. My husband's interview is scheduled for June 2, so keep us in your prayers!

Deb

K-3 INTERVIEW IN JORDAN

Thank you Lord.. Thank you Soo much!! Thank you to all of you who helped us thus far! Thank you for your support!

Ok.. I haven't had much rest yet..but here's how it went. (Im sure my husband will share more as soon as he's rested)

Ahmads appt was set for 7:30am...but as usual we knew it was all about arriving early and then wait..but most important be on time and prepared. So there he is looking like he's ready to move into one of their offices with all his required docs and "supporting evidence". There were a few others there..but they had only a folder or two. This made some of them a little nervous thinking maybe they were supposed to bring more..but for some it just depended on what their exact purpose was for being there.

His first interview was with a woman. She asked him only a few questions. For starters she asked "how did you meet?". He told her how and what circumstances led to our meeting online. This brought up my son marrying an arabic woman..which in turn brought up the age questions -My sons, Ahmads and mine. This question gave [u]Ahmad opportunity to share more about our sincere love and the building up of our relationship[/u]. She asked what his parents thought of me (and our relationship). With these questions he offered to show pictures, emails, phone records etc..(which was located in his "luggage" file- 1 large/2 small) She said no..don't need to ..just show some pics. Ahmad said he had so many here due to 3 celebrations/2 visits to Jordan. She said just a few is fine. He brought out a few pix of us together and also me with his parents and family. She asked "When did you see her last?" . He answered with exact dates and time periods She seemed very interested and pleased with the photos..in which her tone and reaction changed greatly when she who I was and how the pics showed my relationship with him & his family (very close/ the pix don't lie). She did ask if he had a copy of the visa stamp in my passport of my visit.. he said he didn't have it but had my boarding pass/luggage tags etc as proof and offered it. She said no..its ok..don't need it. Then she said ok.. I believe you. Now the only thing that would need to be done is to wait outside and the next interviewer would call him..then they would need to get one last security check..after this his passport would be stamped. She was very pleasant and Ahmad felt that if she felt something was wrong or missing that she would tell him.

The next interview took place a few minutes after he left her. He met with a man. As he walked in with his "mini" file suitcase ensemble... The man said "Whoa!!.. ok ok..I believe you!! (smiling and jesting with him as he looked at all of what Ahmad carried). Ahmad smiled... remained calm and ready. He was asked to show all docs I-134 and supporting docs. I had this set up in a presentation folder. Ahmad had one- Sponsor "me"..and another folder- Co-sponsor "my dad". The interviewer was impressed bc I also included 2007 tax papers (W-2s/Form 1040- no 2007 transcript). Also I included 2004-2006 transcripts/W-2's. Other documents to support information given on I-134 (employee verif/recent paystubs ....). He took mostly everything from those folders and viewed his screen and said that Ahmad had everythign they asked for and more and this was good. He said this was the end of process..All was completed and acceptable..but they had to follow thru with sending it for one more check. Ahmad questioned "What should I tell my wife about this interview?" He was then told " all is good and completed..just would need to wait for last check (if all is clear), then request for him to send in passport..then it would be stamped with visa. Ahmad continued to ask about how long bc this has been so hard on us..the waiting and being apart..and this is why I had to come back to visit again. The man said that it says up to 3 months..but it could be much much faster and not to worry because everything looked good and it was just a procedure that had to do now.

Note: You may not be asked alot of questions or need to show all supporting evidence of your communication or closeness ..but it's better to have more than less. You never know what they will ask for or what questions they will ask. Having pictures available are just as important..a picture and first impression says alot more than you could ever.

Soooooooooooo... now we wait again. But thank God for bringing us this far..and never leaving us..I know He will see us through all the way..and if we do our best to try to stay focused and teachable, we will gain so much more as God perfects our love and our lives much much more than we could ever imagine. Thank you Lord!!

I-130

Marriage : 3/10/07

I-130 Sent : 5/17/07 transferred from NSC to CSC

I-130 NOA1 : 6/12/07 pending at CSC

Touched: 11/07/2007!!!!!! (However, no touches on I-129F)

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

Touched: 12/06/07 (Hopefully this is them working on it)

Touched: 12/07/07 (Yesssss, come on approval!!!!)

Touched: 12/08/07 (Working on it even on a Saturday. What dedication!!!)

Touched: 12/12/07 (RFE)

Received RFE: 12/26/07

Sent back RFE: 12/26/07

Received in USCIS RFE mailroom: 12/27/07

Resumed case: 01/07/08

Touched: 01/08/2008

Touched: 01/09/2008 (APPROVED)

Touched: 01/10/2008

Received NOA2 by snail mail: 01/14/2008

Interview date: 08/12/2008 Put in the "black hole" of Administrative Processing

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

07/06/09: Received Notice of Intent to Revoke

07/27/09: Sent in evidence disputing investigation findings

07/30/09: Case processing has resumed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

:dance::dance: Congrats :dance::dance:

Good luck with the waiting period. Hope it will be a short one. Thanks for sharing the details of your interview. :thumbs:

USCIS Journey

03/15/08 Sent I-130

03/17/08 I-130 received (USPS) (Priority Date)

06/28/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy: NO RFE FROM USCIS:101 days

NVC Journey

07/01/08 NVC case# assigned

08/14/08 CASE COMPLETE: NO RFE FROM NVC:44 days

09/15/08 Interview date assigned

Embassy Journey

10/01/08 Case at embassy

10/08/08 Document verification and got interviewed (Approved)

10/09/08 Pick up visa (original interview date)

10/18/08 P.O.E ~ Seattle

Removing Conditions

07/23/2010 Mail off I-751(USCIS received on 07/26 via usps)

07/26/2010 NOA1 date (notice received 8/2/2010)

07/28/2010 Check cashed

08/20/2010 Biometrics appt.(notice received 8/7/2010)

08/20,21,23 touched

10/22/2010 Approved NO RFE(2 months and 3 weeks from filing date)

Citizenship

10/7/11 N-400 Submitted

10/13/11 NOA date

10/20/11 appt letter sent for biometrics

11/9/11 Biometrics appt

11/11/11 Email of interview scheduling received

11/14/11 Interview scheduled and mail sent

11/21/11 Interview letter received

12/19/11 Interview date

12/19/11 passed interview and oath Finally a citizen(2 months 1 week and 5 days from sending N-400)

1heyejjs23.png

...(quote='kelly1290' date='Apr 3 2008, 11:38 PM' post='1724191')

Thanks so much for sharing Gwen! This is of great help to others and you were very thorough. Congratulations for making it through this long, tough journey. My husband's interview is scheduled for June 2, so keep us in your prayers!

Deb

Oh yes I will.. I may not post too much here..but when Im able to browse thru ..im always checking on how things are going for you all who are on this visa road with me..and also for those who are a few steps ahead. God bless you both..and your futures together

Congratulations Gwen!!! Sounds like it went very well. Hopefully you guys will have visa in hand very soon.

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
K-3 INTERVIEW IN JORDAN

Thank God you have crossed Jordan. Congrats and good luck. :thumbs::thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.