sarahaziz

Wierd question about medicals

12 posts in this topic

You know the shots spouses abroad have to get, are those the shots that leave that circular mark on your arm?? "citizens shot" or whatever theyre called. Both of my parents have it and I was wondering if my spouse is gonna have that too. Did any spouses come home with that mark? Just out of curiousity

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
You know the shots spouses abroad have to get, are those the shots that leave that circular mark on your arm?? "citizens shot" or whatever theyre called. Both of my parents have it and I was wondering if my spouse is gonna have that too. Did any spouses come home with that mark? Just out of curiousity

Does it look like the Chicken pox vaccination scar? If so, your spouse would not have to get that vaccination since that was stopped a long time ago.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

That is a smallpox vaccine mark and no, they shouldn't be required to get one unless they cannot prove an ingerited or other immunity. That is the old way of doing the vaccine. You and I and younger americans don't have that mark because once your mother has had the vaccine (as did everyone their generation and above) then immunity is inherited.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Timeline

They only gave my husband one vaccine and he actually was given pills. The medical in Algiers is easy. You need to make sure he goes and gets his birth certificate and police papers UPDATED ( they need to be new ) and translated into English by a certified translator in Algiers. The translators are listed on the embassy website. This will save time because they will ask them for both . The birth certificate needs to say hes married

hahahah ohh oops. thanks for your replies everyone. thanks alot wahrania for the heads up we got everything together and translated just waiting for the police certificate and then we can schedule a medical.

Clarification: Both the smallpox vaccine and the BCG (tuberculosis) vaccine leave marks like that. Some of our parents in this country had the smallpox vaccine but nobody needs it anymore because smallpox has been eradicated (it only exists in a few test tubes around the world). Although the BCG vaccine isn't all that effective, it is still used in many developing countries so many of our partners will show up with that scar.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you Dr. :) I was going to add both my parents and my spouse have this mark. My parents are American born in their mid 40's and my spouse is 25. So odds are good yours will have one too ;)

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

hahahah ohh oops. thanks for your replies everyone. thanks alot wahrania for the heads up we got everything together and translated just waiting for the police certificate and then we can schedule a medical.

also tell him to get 3 photos 5mm by 5mm,passport photos NOT ACCEPTED.Go to the photo place and ask for the canada america format with 5mm by 5 mm

also tell him to get 3 photos 5mm by 5mm,passport photos NOT ACCEPTED.Go to the photo place and ask for the canada america format with 5mm by 5 mm

wahrania if you get the chance/time do you think you can actually put up a new topic for me and any other algerian petitioners to see what they are asking on the papers to get an interview?? I'm getting kind of nervous I told him to do passport photos. I don't know what other wrong things I told him to do?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.