brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I gave Alyona a kiss on USA soil last night, all went well threw JFK and she also received her EAD stamp , she did not have to ask.

At last the wait is over (very big big big sigh of relief).

Feb. 27 2008 Petition mailed to VSC via USPS

Mar 3 Delivered VSC

Mar 28 2008 2nd Petition mailed to VSC via USPS first one must be lost.

Mar 31 2008 VSC Received.

Apr 9 Check Cleared.

Apr 9 NOA1

Apr 13 Touched.

Apr 14 Touched.

May 6 Touched

May 7 Touched

July 14 NOA2 (4 months 2 weeks 3 days after it was sent)

July 16 Received NVC.

July 18 Shipped NVC

July 21 DHL Received.

July 23 Delivered Kiev Embassy.

Aug 1 In embassy system, assume they sent packet, can schedule interview.

Aug 4 Schedule interview earliest date is Sept 22.

Sep 22 Interview Date (Approved)

Sep 25 Visa arrives in mail.

Oct 6 Alyona Arrives Dallas.

Nov 28 Married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Total days waiting for our future, 7 months 1 week 3 days.

Dec 16,2008 AOS Sent Fedx to Chicago

Dec 17,2008 AOS Recieved.

Dec 22,2008 NOA2 Date

Dec 23,2008 Check Cashed.

Dec 26,2008 NOA2's arive in mail.

Dec 31,2008 Biometric arives in mail.

Jan 14,2009 Biometric Appointment.

Apr 10, 2009 Interview

Apr 20,2009 Conditional green card production ordered.

Apr 28,2009 Green card arrived.

Citizenship

2012-01-19 Applied

2012-01-28 NOA

2012-02-13 Bio.

2012-04-19 Interview

2012-04-19 Oath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Gaura, it's so hard to know how many other flights will be coming in that will need proccessing. I'd opt for the 2+ hour wait only because i'm impatient. :innocent: Russell had only a couple of hours at LAX before his connecting flight to Boston and what held him up was that he was still on the watch list from being denied entry. Ended up making the flight... just. ;)

Congratulations Dale and Alyona! Very happy for you. :)

Well we sold our souls to my aunts jewelery store this morning and my family has taken over preparations for our ceremony next week so all is well. Now.... what to wear???? :lol:

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
quick question for all off you who have done ur flight to the US- VJ.com recommends having a layover of 3-4 hours 'just in case' - ie if the immigration people take forever to proess you. I will be catching my connecting flight in Atlanta, and I have two options- a flight with a 2.40hr stopover, or a 4.25 hour stopover- which do you think is the better choice??? I've read info on the Atlanta POE and some people have gone through in 10 minutes, others have had to wait around for hours and missed their flights!!!

Gaura mate, take the 4.25 option - if the price of that little extra peace of mind is 2 hours, then it's a bargain. I always look for the longer connection times whenever I go over there, if for no other reason than international airports are great fun, and it gives you longer to get pi$$ed in the wide selection of bars. :lol:

Edited by Damian P

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

quick question for all off you who have done ur flight to the US- VJ.com recommends having a layover of 3-4 hours 'just in case' - ie if the immigration people take forever to proess you. I will be catching my connecting flight in Atlanta, and I have two options- a flight with a 2.40hr stopover, or a 4.25 hour stopover- which do you think is the better choice??? I've read info on the Atlanta POE and some people have gone through in 10 minutes, others have had to wait around for hours and missed their flights!!!

Gaura mate, take the 4.25 option - if the price of that little extra peace of mind is 2 hours, then it's a bargain. I always look for the longer connection times whenever I go over there, if for no other reason than international airports are great fun, and it gives you longer to get pi$$ed in the wide selection of bars. :lol:

lol, thanks for the advise!! I have booked the 'peace of mind' flight, :dance: (even though, like Kim, Im soo impatient but yeah, I decided I can wait another 2 hours to see him after 3 months!! :blink: ) That will give immigration all the time in the world to deal with all the cocaine smugglers and deportations they need to (would be kinda cool to see them deport a cocaine smuggler!) However, I betcha I'll be out in record time, probably 15 minutes- and then have to bum around the airport trying on every perfume, sampling makeup and drinking too much in airport bars so that by the time I meet my fiance again I'll look and smell like a bargain priced 'lady of the night' ;)

Only 48 days to left of this life ahh...then I'll be in a whole new world! Kinda scary!!!!! I cant even drive and Im moving to America lol!! :blink: Soo much to do including memorizing road rules!

Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Driving was one of the big things I was worried about as well (wrong side of the road and all that) but I had it nailed in a couple of days. And if you haven't driven on UK roads, and your first experience of driving is gonna be over there, then you'll take to it naturally.

As as for being a "lady of the night" nah, that happens in Prague airport! :lol:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
OK so here it goes

Everything went well, the visa was approved! We´re just waiting for it to come DHL. :dance:

The problem is that it might not come before I leave. We´ll have to see what happens b-c we wanted to leave together.

We had an interview in a little room and it was very easy they asked us questions and we answered them. Then they asked me to leave and asked Luis a couple of questions.

Everything good, I´m so happy.

I´m on somebody else´s computer so I can´t stay long, but I promise I´ll give details later on!

Thanks for all of your help guys!

and Congratulations!!!!

SUZYY!!! AWWW... there is a problem about DHL delivery here.. DONT wait DHL to deliver Luis' passport..

they dont deliver passports in this case and they dont even notify u. Go pick up the passport right noww//!!! DO0NT WAIT ANYMORE!

Waiting...

Te amo Ab!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Finally approved!!!! We had our interview on October 1st and it was approved, but he lost his birth certificate and police report... I was going to kill him.. We went again today, with everything (they are only open Wednedays) and it was all approved... Soo happy!!!

We applied for our marriage license this morning... should have it on Monday. :)

I took ours in on Monday to have the marriage recorded with the county and got a certified copy to send in with AOS. It only took a few minutes. I love the face-to-face handling of things rather than mailing and waiting. Yes, another impatient one here. :yes:

It's nice reading all the good news in this thread. Keep it coming.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Only 48 days to left of this life ahh...then I'll be in a whole new world! Kinda scary!!!!! I cant even drive and Im moving to America lol!! blink.gif Soo much to do including memorizing road rules!

Ha, my love's never driven either. I wouldn't worry too much - the rules aren't so hard here, which may actually be the reason for the REAL problem: the drivers. I don't even live in a huge urban centre and I can't tell you how many unbelievable idiots there are out on the road - kids flying around in the sports car Daddy bought him, soccer moms yammering away on their cell phones in huge SUVs, you name it.

Although I don't agree with it being government regulated in theory, I can see WHY insurance is a requirement to drive now.

Edited by SterlingGirl

December 22nd, 2008: Legally wed!

March 16th, 2009: AOS package posted via FedEx

March 18th, 2009: AOS package delivered, signed for by J. Chyba

March 24th, 2009: NOA1

March 25th, 2009: Check cashed

March 27th, 2009: NOA1 in hand

April 3rd, 2009: Case transferred to CSC (YES!)

April 9th, 2009: Biometrics

May 6th, 2009: EAD and AP approval notices sent

May 12th, 2009: AOS Touch

May 13th, 2009: AOS Touch, EAD received

June 18th, 2009: CRIS approval email, card production ordered - yes!

June 18th, 2009: Welcome notice mailed

June 22nd, 2009: Welcome notice received

July 2, 2009: Green card received!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Finally approved!!!! We had our interview on October 1st and it was approved, but he lost his birth certificate and police report... I was going to kill him.. We went again today, with everything (they are only open Wednedays) and it was all approved... Soo happy!!!

WoW!!!! so your fiance can officially go to the USA!!!! congratlutalions!!!!

OK so here it goes

Everything went well, the visa was approved! We´re just waiting for it to come DHL. :dance:

The problem is that it might not come before I leave. We´ll have to see what happens b-c we wanted to leave together.

We had an interview in a little room and it was very easy they asked us questions and we answered them. Then they asked me to leave and asked Luis a couple of questions.

I´m on somebody else´s computer so I can´t stay long, but I promise I´ll give details later on!

and Congratulations!!!!

SUZYY!!! AWWW... there is a problem about DHL delivery here.. DONT wait DHL to deliver Luis' passport..

they dont deliver passports in this case and they dont even notify u. Go pick up the passport right noww//!!! DO0NT WAIT ANYMORE!

Verito!!! did you get your passport ?? when are you leaving??? so much happy for you :star:

mC8rWn810367-02.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

vicky!!!!! I was waiting for it to come til today.. This morning I just realized that they dont deliver passports when I read a message stating they r waiting for me to go and pick up it. :angry::angry: Friday is your day!!! omg I wish you all the best.. and congratulations on your visa amiga!!

WoW!!!! so your fiance can officially go to the USA!!!! congratlutalions!!!!

OK so here it goes

and Congratulations!!!!

Verito!!! did you get your passport ?? when are you leaving??? so much happy for you :star:

Waiting...

Te amo Ab!

Timeline
Thanks all for your support, waiting is such torture!!

I know this waiting is such a torture!!!! Thank God tomorrow it's tha day!!!!! i had dreams about my interview LOL...Thank God the outcome of the dreams were positive :star:

mC8rWn810367-02.jpg

Timeline

vicky!!!!! I was waiting for it to come til today.. This morning I just realized that they dont deliver passports when I read a message stating they r waiting for me to go and pick up it. :angry::angry: Friday is your day!!! omg I wish you all the best.. and congratulations on your visa amiga!!

I know!!!! i am so anxious for this to be over!!! I cant deal with the stress anymore!!!

mC8rWn810367-02.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.