brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

ok Im a teeny bit proud of myself cos despite my blond hair I managed to track my DHL thingit and London received it on the 4th!!! Woohoo, its all happening! :dance:

Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(do the NHS docs do any missed vaccinations for free BEFORE i go for the medical and spend my lifes savings on vacs?)

Nick needed MMR and the Tdap/Dtap (whatever it's called) NHS gave him both free. His nurse also compiled a list of immunizations since he had no record book or card to take. Originally his doctor said he didn't need the diptheria tetnus pertussis one, but medical people said yes, mainly for the pertussis (whooping cough). His NHS people were short but ordered one for him. They don't have to give you immigration shots free and some don't so it depends on your doctor. Some have also charged to put the shot record together.

Thanks for the info on DOS- good to know!

DOS Rocks!!! It's worthless calling London Embassy helpline at 120p/min because they don't know anything. DOS told me when the interview had been scheduled when the Embassy line had said minutes before none had been scheduled and P4 had not been sent. Also on Friday (after a Tuesday interview) I called DOS because of computers being down on interview day. Wanted to make sure we were put in system and not forgotten. She told me, "your visa was issued and printed yesterday." So it's good to know the DOS has that information too.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Graham, very excited for you guys!

Gaura, I think you got some good advice from Nich. I'm not sure I would have them extend or change the interview date.... you're probably better off going to the interiew and leaving it pending until you can get them the additional documents.

Well another weekend is upon us without any good news or forward progression. *sigh* I think it's that much more difficult because we waited 3 years just to file the petition... it was sent out the very moment I was legally able to do so. The extra long wait is frustrating for sure, especially when those a month after you are being approved. It's just a roll of the dice I suppose and I've known that all along but it doesn't really help as you wait. Only 3 out of 20+ with NOA1 4/23 have been approved so I'm thinking our adjuticator is out on summer vacation for a couple of weeks... helps to expalin the disparity anyway. They best be back to work on Monday!

People like sara (estadia) surely do help me keep perspective. Sure, she gets frustrated but she is still here routing everyone else on as she waits her turn. She's still very young but I wanna be like her when I grow up! :lol:

Well off to get busy and keep my mind off what I long for most. You folks enjoy your weekend!

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! At 9am saturday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amrit & Rob

****ROC****

GC-Date: Nov 25th 2011The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card

Sent: Nov 11th 2014 N-400 was mailed to USCIS
Packet Delivered: Nov 27 2014
ChkCashd: Dec 2nd 2014
NOA: Dec 8th 2014
Fprints: Jan 7th 2015
In Line: Jan 9th 2015
Int Ltr: Jan 19th 2015
Intview: Feb 26th 2015
Oath: March 19th 2015
Field Office: San Antonio

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Amrit rai

Congratulations on your approval and good luck on the rest of your journey!!

Kim

How are you doing?

I’m sad to see that you haven’t got approved!!!

Edited by Alexandra_v

2008-05-06 I-129F sent

2008-05-10 Delivered to NVC 3:12pm

2008-05-20 NOA1

2008-05-23 Touched

2008-06-26 Touched

2008-06-27 Touched

2008-09-07 NOA2

2008-09-11 Received at NVC

2008-09-12 Left NVC

2008-09-18 Consulate received

2008-09-25 Pkt3 Received

2008-09-28 Pkt3 Returned

2008-09-30 Pkt4 Received

2008-10-09 Interview

2008-10-13 Medical

2008-10-24 Visa Received

2008-10-30 Fying home to my Jonathan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Congratulations!!!!! On a Saturday????? Or did you just check?

We got touched last night at 5pm Texas time and then this morning at 9am I got the email.

They most likely approved last night and then the system didn't update the auto-gen'd email until today...that's what I am thinking. The email said that on 8-08-2008 they approved us, so that's right, I guess...they probably don't work on Saturday.

Amrit & Rob

****ROC****

GC-Date: Nov 25th 2011The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card

Sent: Nov 11th 2014 N-400 was mailed to USCIS
Packet Delivered: Nov 27 2014
ChkCashd: Dec 2nd 2014
NOA: Dec 8th 2014
Fprints: Jan 7th 2015
In Line: Jan 9th 2015
Int Ltr: Jan 19th 2015
Intview: Feb 26th 2015
Oath: March 19th 2015
Field Office: San Antonio

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations to Amrit Rai for the approval :) ! Keeping fingers X'ed for you, Kim.... I know how it feels to wait so long, both for the divorce (it was almost one and a half years for us) and for the approval. I really want to be able to celebrate with you, and perhaps to meet up some day when I'll be in the US. I've always wanted to visit Boston...

Timeline

Amrit Rai... i'm so very happy for you. Good to know they can and do update and approve past our EST. ;)

Raff.. thank you. You are welcome any time sweetheart. :) Boston is a wonderful place to visit...and lots of us Italians!!! ;) Yes, the waiting is like slow torture and it's harder at times than others but I have only to look into the eyes of my love or think back to how I feel in his arms to help lift me and keep me focused on what I know is coming. :)

Once we are passed this part of the process, it will go very swiftly for us so we are still luckier than most in that respect. Soon. ;)

timeline.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Congrats to the newest approvals!!!! Amrit Rai, keep us posted on how long it takes to get your interview - India seems slower than most to me [at all the Indian consulates too, not just certain ones].

Kim - the vacation thing is my theory too. I heard a statistic last week that the last week of July/first week of August is the #1 most popular time for people to take off in the US. No idea how true that is but I'm holding onto it as an explanation! Part of me keeps wanting to think that this part of it will be the worse part in terms of wait but given our specific situation I'm 99% sure will be on AP after the interview - and that could be days or years. [Here's hoping hoping hoping it's days only].

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Timeline

Amrit... so your actual approval is 8/8/08 not 8/9... great! Congrats again.

Alexandra, sorry I didn't reply to you. We're hanging in there. Thank you for thinking about us. :)

milo... most people (around here anyway) take off early July.. but, that being said, i'm quite sure they need to spread it out as they can't just all go off at the same time. ;) I would say this 'has' to be our week..but I think i've said that before. :lol: I will hope for the best though. :) Russell says Monday! I'm so sorry you may have to contend with AP at the interview stage. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's a quick process for you!

timeline.jpg

Sorry if I am in a hurry (getting ready for work), but I had to share the great news with you... WE'VE FINALLY BEEN APPROVED!!!!! :dance::dance: :dance: :dance:

I want to thank you all for putting up with me, and wish ALL THE BEST to everyone.. those still waiting, and those who will be soon facing interviews. More later!

Congratulations

Jonas Edward Salk (October 28, 1914 – June 23, 1995)

Albert Bruce Sabin (August 26, 1906 – March 3, 1993)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey guys

Sorry I haven't been posting as much as my normal self, LOL

But I have been spending a lot of time rearranging my apartment and working out.

I need to make more room, hopefully Luis will be here in a couple of months, plus I want to lose some weight, you know, trying to fit nicely into a strapless wedding dress, haha.

Congrats to all the new approvals!

Hopefully this week I'll find out what's going on, I sent my RFE in on Thurs and it's getting there on Mon.

Suz

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Congrats on everyone who rec'd their approvals.. I have a feelng this week they will approve the rest of the April applications! Question about Affidavit of Support, I am filing in the form, will get it notarized, get a letter from my employer, get a letter from the bank, bring a few bank statements, bring my last few pay stubs, and I have my 2006 & 2007 tax returns. Do I need to have my 2005 tax return? I didn't see in any of the directions that I would need to provide any tax returns. I saw other people mention bringing them, but if I can't find my 2005 do I need to look harder or is it not really important?

thanks,

Kristen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.