HOHOHO

Immigration nightmare stories on NPR today

15 posts in this topic

Anyone catch it?

Featured an immigration lawyer telling tales of the hundreds of spouses shacked, cufffed and sent to cells because they reported their spouses had died prior to their final interviews.

Reviewed that there is not law allowing this,

but USCIS has sort of Bush Executive priviledge to re deny for super secret reasons that they do not have to divulge.

makes me feel really uneasy.

I really think I need to face reality that I may be forced to find a new country to live in.

Good for NPR and the NYtimes for putting some on this into the news.

The lawyer wasn't so optimistic that the KGB, I mean USCIS would release any of its authoritarian power.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Indonesia

Marriage : 2007-08-10

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-18

I-130 Approved : 2008-09-15

NVC Received : 2008-09-24

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-09-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-09-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-09-28

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-10-02

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-10-17

Receive IV Bill : 2008-10-30

Pay IV Bill : 2008-10-31

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-01-28

NVC Left : 2009-01-30

Consulate Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-02-24

Packet 4 Received : 2009-02-26

Interview Date : 2010-03-18

Visa Received : 2009-03-23

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 241 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 792 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I'm also thinking that I may have to pack up and move for my own sanity. It's not very promising...and there isn't a clear line of authority to hold accountable.

Just trying to muster the energy (and the money) to do this again.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
Anyone catch it?

Featured an immigration lawyer telling tales of the hundreds of spouses shacked, cufffed and sent to cells because they reported their spouses had died prior to their final interviews.

but USCIS has sort of Bush Executive priviledge to re deny for super secret reasons that they do not have to divulge.

I really think I need to face reality that I may be forced to find a new country to live in.

The lawyer wasn't so optimistic that the KGB, I mean USCIS would release any of its authoritarian power.

?????

Well...had the spouses died or not???

What's the rest of the story???

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

HOHOHO, I am so sorry to see your case didn't get approved yet:(((( I don't know how they USCIS process cases because I saw some people filed in in January and get approved in March

SODDY SHAME HOHO - where are the approvals for the rest of august and september- I mean talk about breach of civil rights here, too bad that sucker resigned from USCIS - wanted to sue his ####### personally - hang in there mates./

Screwed up journey beyond belief - FIFO MY #######

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Anyone catch it?

?????

Well...had the spouses died or not???

What's the rest of the story???

yes... they died, [and no they were not murdered by the widows(!)]. They invoke this "law" that does not exist to instantly deny and arrest the widow. Often with young child. Child being US born american citizen. They did say the young shaver can stay legally in USA all by him/her self. But mommy must twitch her nose and vanish back to her home country or else she's a fugitive, and gets thrown in the slammer.

These cases get appealed, get won by the mother, then the USCIS invokes super secret reasons (which are not disclosable) to deny and deport anyway.

yay family values!

Event Date

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Do you have a link to this story?

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

I searched the NPR site and there is no such story on their broadcasts for the last year.

I doubt that the ICE comes out and handcuffs them unless they ignored an automatic letter they will receive telling them that they must leave the country since they have no legal right to be here...thats the way the system works. Its known as the widows trap, and if the USC spouse dies before their AOS, there is no law that permits them to be here. Sad but true.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

I searched the NPR site and there is no such story on their broadcasts for the last year.

I doubt that the ICE comes out and handcuffs them unless they ignored an automatic letter they will receive telling them that they must leave the country since they have no legal right to be here...thats the way the system works. Its known as the widows trap, and if the USC spouse dies before their AOS, there is no law that permits them to be here. Sad but true.

it was on NPR here about 4pm saturday (WBFO 88.?Fm)

There is no law that says to deport them either.

I take it you practice law?

Event Date

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Timeline

it was on NPR here about 4pm saturday (WBFO 88.?Fm)

There is no law that says to deport them either.

I take it you practice law?

but there is such a law. if your visa runs out without doing AOS...you are removable. If you ignore a removal order from an Immigration Court, you are arrestable.

Show me the link to this broadcast...searching about IMMIGRATION and ICE does not yield any such story.

Timeline

thanks for the story. As I said earlier, its sad but true. I would certainly have no problem with a change to immigration law to give these widows special consideration since their spouses died during the immigration process.

The OP said that hundreds of widows were being handcuffed.....this story certainly does not state that there are hundreds....or even being hundcuffed.

I guess the OP cant find the link as I woulod like to hear it.

Timeline
It actually aired on "This American Life". You can find info on that episode here

http://www.thislife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=353

Wow!!! sad!!! Sounds like an abuse of power the way it was presented. Congress could fix this very easily...but I always knew of this possibility, as I have heard other sad cases like this before.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.