phub11

Royal Mail Delivery Recommendation

82 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Its funny, I returned my packet 3 documents special delivery, the royal mail somewhow managed to misplace the package!

I resent the forms with a first class stamp, got a packet 4 only three days later.

Lesson learnt, there is no guarantees with the royal mail!

I totally agree with you saying there is no guarantees with the royalmail cuz am a victim of a situation whereby my K-1 interview appointment was mailed out and i never received it causing me to miss my interview date. still working on rescheduling it.........................worst situation to find oneself.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Its funny, I returned my packet 3 documents special delivery, the royal mail somewhow managed to misplace the package!

I resent the forms with a first class stamp, got a packet 4 only three days later.

Lesson learnt, there is no guarantees with the royal mail!

I totally agree with you saying there is no guarantees with the royalmail cuz am a victim of a situation whereby my K-1 interview appointment was mailed out and i never received it causing me to miss my interview date. still working on rescheduling it.........................worst situation to find oneself.

Sorry about that. If only Embassies started sending important information like that using e-mail rather than post.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Hmm, you'd think special delivery items with the Royal Mail wouldn't go amiss, it's advertised as a business service for prompt delivery of documents, amongst other things.

That said, my passport and drivers license was sent to me first or second class, I forget which.

I think I'll send them SD, I'm not sure any of the couriers are going to be more reliable for things like this.

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I just stuck a first class stamp on mine; got there fine :)

:o And yet the US embassy still saw fit to issue you a visa??? They'll let ANYONE in these days. Sheesh. ;)

:lol:

Heavens forfend! A first class stamp! Never!

*faints*

:P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

oh, I'm a maverick all right B)

I cross roads without waiting for the green man, too B)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

oh, I'm a maverick all right B)

I cross roads without waiting for the green man, too B)

I don't know... I wait for the green man even when there are no cars...

I am not sure which is worse :lol:

I sent my packet 3 recorded just so I could drive myself insane checking when it got there (6 days after I sent it :P)

Agree with StP though - they were only forms of which I took copies so if they got lost then they could be resent easily enough :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

no! NO!! you're playing with our LIVES!

*falls melodramatically to knees in imploring position*

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Timeline

Could people please just use this thread to add useful comments instead of trying to show how clever they are? I am sure there will be people reading this later on will be looking for useful information rather than attempts of witty banter. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Could people please just use this thread to add useful comments instead of trying to show how clever they are? I am sure there will be people reading this later on will be looking for useful information rather than attempts of witty banter. Thank you!

I wouldn't count on that! n00bs never use the search feature and in a few days this thread will be buried a fews pages back, long forgotton. Lighten up a bit! It will serve you well in your quest for a visa and AOS.

Plus, I like the witty banter. ;)

I wouldn't count on that! n00bs never use the search feature and in a few days this thread will be buried a fews pages back, long forgotton. Lighten up a bit! It will serve you well in your quest for a visa and AOS.

Neither do I... I find when I search I either end up with pages and pages of irrelevant stuff or nothing that meets my search criteria!!

Oh - while we're :ot: What's brown and sticky?

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

:rolleyes: Obviously someone who misses the main thing about VJ, sure it's important that there are people who are extremely helpful and post all kinds of good info, but it's also a very good source of distraction, cameraderie and ... yes... witty banter :jest:

you come for the info, you stay for the fun :luv: keep um comin'

Edited by Poiteen

The UK Wiki

Aww no one answered my question...

OUT Poiteen - you're nothing but a spoil-sport!!! :rofl::lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline

no, no; it's VERY IMPORTANT that it be recorded for posterity that phub11 recommends Special Delivery

why? I don't know, but it is

so you should all be ashamed of yourselves for horsing around in here; I know that I, for one, have seen the error of my sorry ways, and am now weeping the bitter tears of regret

:cry:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

*comforts StP*

It's ok... I'll send you my stamp collection for your birthday - maybe that will make it better? I don't have a current collection of recorded/special delivery receipts but I can start saving those to put into an album if you would prefer?

*sticks a gold stamp on Maven's nose*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.