15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone,

We are usually logged on as "Dan & Mitzi" but it would not let us logged on tonight. So I had to make up a new account.

Hubby is REALLY STRESSED right now.

Check was cashed by TSC on March 6, 2008. Does anybody have a good guess how long it will be before we receive NOA1? Do you think we will have it by April 11, 2008?

What do we do if we don't get the NOA1 by April 11?

Can he still work without it?

Thanks,

Dan & Mitzi

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

1) yes he can work without it - since he filed for removal of conditions in time his status does not expire, but he continues to be a permanent resident - albeit with an expired card - if you are concerned about proving this to an employer, make sure his SSN card does not have the "work authorization with INS approval" text - if it has it try going down to the social security office before his card expires and get a new card without that text - then this SSN card and DL can be used as evidence for an I9 for employment purposes...

2) how long until you get it? who knows with TSC who knows! we're all waiting!

Hi Everyone,

We are usually logged on as "Dan & Mitzi" but it would not let us logged on tonight. So I had to make up a new account.

Hubby is REALLY STRESSED right now.

Check was cashed by TSC on March 6, 2008. Does anybody have a good guess how long it will be before we receive NOA1? Do you think we will have it by April 11, 2008?

What do we do if we don't get the NOA1 by April 11?

Can he still work without it?

Thanks,

Dan & Mitzi

I-751 Process

=============

03/11/08 - Check Cashed by TSC, invalid SRC# on back along with a VLCXX reference.

03/31/08 - Had infopass appointment, got I-551 stamp and Trackable receipt number

04/09/08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter.

04/18/08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am.

04/18/08 - Transferred to Vermont from TSC

06/16/08 - Online Status reports transfer received by Vermont

11/03/08 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/13/09 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/20/09 - Approved!

01/26/09 - New Card Received!

N-400 Process

=============

12/29/08 - Application mailed to TSC

12/30/08 - Arrived at TSC - Forwarded to Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

12/31/08 - Arrived at Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

01/02/09 - Priority Date

01/05/09 - NOA1 Mailed

01/06/09 - Check Cashed

01/09/09 - NOA1 Received (Priority Date of 01/02/09, Some data missing from form)

01/10/09 - Case Touched!

01/27/09 - Duplicate NOA1 Received (Missing Data filled in, was mailed on 01/24/09)

02/28/09 - Interview Letter Received

04/06/09 - Naturalization interview

04/06/09 - Interview Passed!

04/22/09 - Oath Ceremony!

04/22/09 - US Citizen at Last!

Filed: Timeline

He realized tonight that his Conditional Green card expires in 16 days & it has put him in a full blown panic mode. He's saying that when his green card expires on Aprill 11 that it is illegal for him to work and if he gets caught working they can denigh his 10 year Green Card & deport him.

Can you or someone else please explain why it is ok to keep working without the NOA1? I thought the expired GC & the NOA1 was proof that he had applied for 10 year GC. Isn't he supposed to keep those with him at all times?

Thanks,

Mitzi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi DanMo -

Here is a link James posted about the extension of green card status for I-751 filers: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/CRextensn120203.pdf. It is the memorandum to USCIS saying that I-751 filers' permanent resident status is extended until a decision is made on their applications and they can continue to work and to travel. It seems like all of us who filed at Texas the end of February/early March haven't received our NOA1s yet so we are all in the same boat. Do you have your postal receipt showing that TSC received your application? What about getting a copy of your cancelled cheque showing the back of the cheque? I have those and figure I can use them as proof for the USCIS local office if I need to - assuming the NOA1 doesn't arrive soon. Good luck, and reassure your husband he is definitely still legal- and you two are not alone in this dilemna.

Yes, when the NOA arrives he would carry that along with the expired green card as proof of his status. Maybe until then he can carry a copy of the cheque and the above memorandum to show that he has filed. The act of filing is what extends the status of his green card - he won't be deported and they won't deny his 10 year card for that reason.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I don't think you will have it. We filed in the beginning of Feb and biometrics has already been done; however, still not extension letter. You would think with the new fees they would provide this important document. Calling customer service is not any good since they just claim it had been sent. It should reach you a week after the check is cashed but I would not count on ever receiving it. I guess INFOPASS is the only alternative.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I don't think you will have it. We filed in the beginning of Feb and biometrics has already been done; however, still not extension letter. You would think with the new fees they would provide this important document. Calling customer service is not any good since they just claim it had been sent. It should reach you a week after the check is cashed but I would not count on ever receiving it. I guess INFOPASS is the only alternative.

:goofy: Hi MRMC1. Did your TSC stay at the TSC? If so, there is a new thread (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118137) for us filing through TSC to track each other. Would you mind putting your information on that link so we can see when you mailed your application in to TSC and when you had your biometrics (by the way, do you remember when you got your biometrics letter too?)? None of us so far on the list have had a NOA or biometric letter yet so with you at least having had your biometrics done it would alleviate some of our stress knowing someone has received something from TSC. :yes: Thanks! :goofy:

Edited by Shari

K1 PROCESS:

04/08/05 . . . . Sent I-129F to TSC

08/31/05 . . . . London Interview - APPROVED

AOS PROCESS:

10/06/05 . . . . Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago Lockbox

05/16/06 . . . . APPROVED.

REMOVING CONDITIONS PROCESS:

03/03/08 . . . . Sent I-751 packet to TSC.

02/27/09 . . . . APPROVED.

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

05/21/12 . . . . Sent N-400 packet to Dallas lockbox

09/11/12 . . . . Interview in Atlanta. Oath ceremony same day. Keith is a U.S. Citizen!

Hi DanMo -

Here is a link James posted about the extension of green card status for I-751 filers: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/CRextensn120203.pdf. It is the memorandum to USCIS saying that I-751 filers' permanent resident status is extended until a decision is made on their applications and they can continue to work and to travel. It seems like all of us who filed at Texas the end of February/early March haven't received our NOA1s yet so we are all in the same boat. Do you have your postal receipt showing that TSC received your application? What about getting a copy of your cancelled cheque showing the back of the cheque? I have those and figure I can use them as proof for the USCIS local office if I need to - assuming the NOA1 doesn't arrive soon. Good luck, and reassure your husband he is definitely still legal- and you two are not alone in this dilemna.

Yes, when the NOA arrives he would carry that along with the expired green card as proof of his status. Maybe until then he can carry a copy of the cheque and the above memorandum to show that he has filed. The act of filing is what extends the status of his green card - he won't be deported and they won't deny his 10 year card for that reason.

Yes, I agree. There is no need to be in panic mode. Send your I-751 packet as soon as possible.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Thanks for the replyies everyone & they helped to calm Dan down as far as him being able to work. But he does still need the NOA for work because his company has started to send him to Canada occasionally. I guess we will end up having to go all the way to Atlanta to get the stamp in his passport.

Dan&Mitzi

02/06/08 - Mailed I-751 to TSC

02/11/08 - Rec'd by TSC

02/26/08 - package returned for signature

02/26/08 - Re-sent package to TSC

03/06/08 - Check cashed

04/14/08 - Got Stamp in Passport

01/13/09 - Touched

01/31/09 - Rec'd Approval Notice

01/31/09 - Rec'd 10yr. Permanent Resident Card

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Thanks for the replyies everyone & they helped to calm Dan down as far as him being able to work. But he does still need the NOA for work because his company has started to send him to Canada occasionally. I guess we will end up having to go all the way to Atlanta to get the stamp in his passport.

Dan&Mitzi

That would probably be your best bet - have him make an infopass appt and once he gets the stamp he can travel without any probs. :thumbs:

We found out this afternoon that the company is sending Dan to Canada again tomorrow. This time it is right to were his family lives (the first trip was to the opposite side of canada.) We called his family tonight to tell them that he will be there on Monday. They all sounded so excited & happy. Dan has not seen his Dad since he moved down here In July 2005. I'm happy for Dan & his family, but I'm feeling a little left out, I want to go too.

Mitzi

02/06/08 - Mailed I-751 to TSC

02/11/08 - Rec'd by TSC

02/26/08 - package returned for signature

02/26/08 - Re-sent package to TSC

03/06/08 - Check cashed

04/14/08 - Got Stamp in Passport

01/13/09 - Touched

01/31/09 - Rec'd Approval Notice

01/31/09 - Rec'd 10yr. Permanent Resident Card

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
We found out this afternoon that the company is sending Dan to Canada again tomorrow. This time it is right to were his family lives (the first trip was to the opposite side of canada.) We called his family tonight to tell them that he will be there on Monday. They all sounded so excited & happy. Dan has not seen his Dad since he moved down here In July 2005. I'm happy for Dan & his family, but I'm feeling a little left out, I want to go too.

Mitzi

Then go ,Canada is nice !

Edited by iansig40

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mitzi

Well I hope you get to go with him. Canada is awesome......lol

I will be sending in our I-751 in April. My card expires May 25/08, my son's on Aug 17th. Can someone tell me the cost for removing conditions?

We will be sending ours to TSC also. Then the waiting begins again. Hope it doesn't take to long to get a NOA1 back my lisence expire May 25th. I will be heading to Atlanta also to see if I can get a stamp.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Mitzi

Well I hope you get to go with him. Canada is awesome......lol

I will be sending in our I-751 in April. My card expires May 25/08, my son's on Aug 17th. Can someone tell me the cost for removing conditions?

We will be sending ours to TSC also. Then the waiting begins again. Hope it doesn't take to long to get a NOA1 back my lisence expire May 25th. I will be heading to Atlanta also to see if I can get a stamp.

The filing fee for a Form is $465.00.

An additional biometric fee of $80.00 is required when filing this Form I-751. After you submit Form I-751, USCIS will notify you about when and where to go for biometric services.

You may submit one check or money order for both the application and biometric fees, for a total of $545.00.

NOTE: Each conditional resident dependent, eligible to be included on the principal applicant's Form I-751 and listed under Part 5 of Form I-751, is required to submit an additional biometric services fee of $80.00, including dependents residing overseas pursuant to military or government orders, regardless of age.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf

i am not sure how it will work with your son's GC as you can only file 90 days before the card expires....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Peggy,

Your card expires the day after mine:-). My application is currently in Texas - has been there nearly a month now. It appears that those of us who have filed most recently at Texas are not being transferred elsewhere. We aren't sure what that means, however, I do know it has been about a month since the applications sent to Texas are remaining in Texas and none of us have yet received our NOAs. It is worrisome for me too because of the situation you note- my DL will be expiring and I will need the NOA or the stamp to get it renewed. I would try to get your I-751 in sooner rather than later because of the delays we are experiencing in getting the NOAs. When you send your application in, be sure to add your name to the most recent list of TSC applicants who are remaining at TSC. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118137 Good luck!

If you do end up heading to Atlanta, let me know - maybe we can get together for lunch or something - you would literally pass right by our house on I-75.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am waiting for the 90 day mark on my son's GC, so we can send them in together.

That way I HOPE they get approved at the same time.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.