GoharRabia

ISL Embassy Delay of Fiance Visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

My fiance had her Interview for her Fiance Visa this morning in Islamabda, Pakistan. She was told she would be informed of a decision in 6 weeks.

Does anyone know why they are saying an additonal 6 weeks? We have submitted all paper work and they didn't even want to see any additonal "Proof of Relationship" or other documents during the interview. It appears to me as an FBI check is still pending. Which I know has a HUGE back long.

Any help would be appreciated.

gohar

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This is normal for several of the consulates, they interview before final checks are done and have to hold for a few weeks for the name checks.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hope it does not last too long and this is normal.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
This is normal for several of the consulates, they interview before final checks are done and have to hold for a few weeks for the name checks.

What are the checks being performed? and on who? The petitioner or the beneficiary?

Timeline

What are the checks being performed? and on who? The petitioner or the beneficiary?

That would be great to know! to whom the checks are being performed! in this case, I think the checks will be on me, becuase of how much I have traveled the past year and how my pay doesn't equal my deposits for the past year. Deposits are much great b/c company trips are paid for by the company so its not income, its a deposit as Travel Expense. So my deposits are more than DOUBLE my salary!

Anyways, hope soon its over!

below is what I posted on the ISL forum incase people here are curious! hope others find this helpful

Sallam,

First thing she did was FINGERPRINT.

Here are the questions they asked my Fiance:

Pakistani Visa Officer asked the following:

How did you meet your Fiance?

Were you ever involved with Terrorist organization?

30-minutes later a US (White) Visa Office asked the following:

What does your Fiance do for work?

What does his compnay do?

What University did your Fiance go to?

What did your Fiance study?

What has your Fiance told you about NC?

Then a lady gave my Fiance a BLUE Slip and told her Congratulations, you have received your Visa but it will take a MAXIMUM of 6 Weeks to complete "SOMETHING", my fiance doesn't remember exactly but I'm sure its a background search of some sort. She said the AMEX will call you in about 6 weeks to let you know that you need to mail your passport back to the Embassy.

Thanks for all the support. I will keep you all updated!

gohar

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

That would be great to know! to whom the checks are being performed! in this case, I think the checks will be on me, becuase of how much I have traveled the past year and how my pay doesn't equal my deposits for the past year. Deposits are much great b/c company trips are paid for by the company so its not income, its a deposit as Travel Expense. So my deposits are more than DOUBLE my salary!

Anyways, hope soon its over!

below is what I posted on the ISL forum incase people here are curious! hope others find this helpful

Sallam,

Salam

First thing she did was FINGERPRINT.

Here are the questions they asked my Fiance:

Pakistani Visa Officer asked the following:

How did you meet your Fiance?

Were you ever involved with Terrorist organization?

30-minutes later a US (White) Visa Office asked the following:

What does your Fiance do for work?

What does his compnay do?

What University did your Fiance go to?

What did your Fiance study?

What has your Fiance told you about NC?

Then a lady gave my Fiance a BLUE Slip and told her Congratulations, you have received your Visa but it will take a MAXIMUM of 6 Weeks to complete "SOMETHING", my fiance doesn't remember exactly but I'm sure its a background search of some sort. She said the AMEX will call you in about 6 weeks to let you know that you need to mail your passport back to the Embassy.

Thanks for all the support. I will keep you all updated!

gohar

Salam Gohar/Rabia..

i had my interview at 12 of march the CO asked the same question,which they asked from your Fiance...

and also they didnt check my additional proof . Almost 99% v both had similar Interview.. and they end CO told me that wait for additional 8 weeks for AP.. and return my passport...

yes one thing more that i m at CR1 visa.... so still waiting.......

Edited by ijaz

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

My fiance's interview was November 31. His blue letter said to wait between 6 weeks and forever. We have not heard anything yet other than it is still pending for administrative processing. We email them alot to check on it and I have contacted my representative in Washington DC to see if they can help, but no luck so far. My fiance is a young man so the check is taking longer. Oh, I have heard that if you are approved they keep the passport at the interview. If they give it back to you no matter what they tell you you are not approved. It seems that they tell everyone that they will get a call in about 6 weeks asking for the passport, but it doesn't mean anything. Keep us updated. Hope your process goes faster than ours is.

quote name='GoharRabia' date='Mar 25 2008, 08:49 AM' post='1691323']

Hi,

My fiance had her Interview for her Fiance Visa this morning in Islamabda, Pakistan. She was told she would be informed of a decision in 6 weeks.

Does anyone know why they are saying an additonal 6 weeks? We have submitted all paper work and they didn't even want to see any additonal "Proof of Relationship" or other documents during the interview. It appears to me as an FBI check is still pending. Which I know has a HUGE back long.

Any help would be appreciated.

gohar

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sorry, bhai for your news. has nothing to do with proof of relationship. Most of us have arranged marriages and not much proof needed in this area etc foras many people have enough of this. 2 yrs ago they were sending wife visas in a few days.(approval @ embassy) Now a days they are sending wife cases to washington for security cabe. Will prob only take a few weeks or as they say check back 6 weeks if nothing is heard. Not much to do but sit and wait. clean out closets, get rid of girlie magazines and etc. if you been drinking beer now is time get rid of bottle caps and all. We were going to go Pakistan for a month, with all the ####### that is coming down the mountains. ie Al queda , taliban and etc even into Islamabad bombings and assasinations. we not even going to chance traveling there with a Pakistani passport and gori wife. Salaams and duas. bhabishah

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

THe Male cases held up: try everything you can calling (american call embassy in Islamabad, email them, get senator to write as many inquiries as possible), after 18 months file and foia paper. (freedom of information act)

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.