benjaminalan

fiance letter of intent

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, when i'm filliing out the letter of intent should i put the embassy address for US embassy in Manila on my (i'm the petitioner from US) letter.Or should i be putting another address?I put the Manila address on her letter is that ok?Thankyou for any info you might have.

Is this for the I-129f? We addressed it to the USCIS service center (USCIS Nebraska Service Center). I highly doubt it makes much of a difference, though.

By the way, welcome to VisaJourney!! I wish you lots of luck on your journey. If you have questions, there's lots of people on the site who are willing to help, and the Guides/FAQ section are also good to have around.

Good luck!

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Welcome to VJ! Good luck on your journey. You can use the sample letter here on VJ, personalize that a bit, which is what we did, worked out just fine!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Timeline
Hello, when i'm filliing out the letter of intent should i put the embassy address for US embassy in Manila on my (i'm the petitioner from US) letter.Or should i be putting another address?I put the Manila address on her letter is that ok?Thankyou for any info you might have.

Welcome!

If this is the letter of intent you're filing your initial I-129F with, address it to USCIS. If it's for the consulate, address it to the consulate. In either case, "To whom it may concern" is a valid recipient.

Also, please fill out your timeline! It helps everyone here. Instructions in my sig if you need help. :)

Timeline
Is this for the I-129f? We addressed it to the USCIS service center (USCIS Nebraska Service Center). I highly doubt it makes much of a difference, though.

By the way, welcome to VisaJourney!! I wish you lots of luck on your journey. If you have questions, there's lots of people on the site who are willing to help, and the Guides/FAQ section are also good to have around.

Good luck!

Thankyou for your time,i;m a little confused.This letter of intent is for 129f visa.I am using the sample letter from VJ i put in the address of the service center (CA),then below that it says United States Department of State,United States Consulate(state which country embassy is in)for my fiance's letter of intent i put in Phillipines.For my letter of intent should i put in the US embassy in phillipines also or put in an adress for a consulate in the USA? Please be patient with me i'm new at this .Thanks Ben

Good luck!

Thankyou for your time,i;m a little confused.This letter of intent is for 129f visa.I am using the sample letter from VJ i put in the address of the service center (CA),then below that it says United States Department of State,United States Consulate(state which country embassy is in)for my fiance's letter of intent i put in Phillipines.For my letter of intent should i put in the US embassy in phillipines also or put in an adress for a consulate in the USA? Please be patient with me i'm new at this .Thanks Ben

On the cover letter for hte I-129f, just use the address of the USCIS service center.

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

On the cover letter for hte I-129f, just use the address of the USCIS service center.

Exactly. Your petition is initially going to USCIS, in your case the California Service Center. That's who you will address this letter to.

When it comes time to "re-affirm" your intent to marry, you will be writing the letter to the State Department consulate in Manilla. But for now you're working with USCIS.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
When it comes time to "re-affirm" your intent to marry, you will be writing the letter to the State Department consulate in Manilla. But for now you're working with USCIS.

Re-affirmation of the letter of intent seems to be an exception rather than rule. Is Manila one of the exception consulates?

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Since he has not yet sent the I-129F there is nothing needed to edit in his timeline is there?

Edited by Jack and Barbara

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Timeline

Good luck!

Thankyou everybody,Ben

On my letter of intent, I put the address of the California Service Center. My fiance did not put any address on his. I am pretty sure mine did not include a salutation ("Dear ________" or "To whom it may concern") and I can't remember whether his did or not. Our petition was approved no problem. If you are going to put a recipient address, then yes, it would be the USCIS service center, not the consulate. I doubt it would cause a problem with your petition if you used the consulate address, however. The key thing to be sure to include is that you intend to marry each other within 90 days of entry into the US on the K1 visa and that you are free to marry. To make it really easy for them to find and to make sure it doesn't accidentally get lost, we also put headers on the top saying "Letter of Intent to Marry My Fiance" and made sure to include both of our names in the letters.

Re-affirmation of the letter of intent seems to be an exception rather than rule. Is Manila one of the exception consulates?

Thank you--I was wondering about this. We are waiting on packet 3, but the scanned documents someone has posted for Vancouver say nothing about a new letter of intent.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Since he has not yet sent the I-129F there is nothing needed to edit in his timeline is there?

At the time of his posting he didn't have a timeline up at all. One of the things the timeline will show, even when the petitioner hasn't filed yet, is what service center they'll be filing at and what consulate they'll be going through. This can help to answer specific questions that may be consulate dependent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.