Zee Bee

Interview

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Zee, I don't post very often, but feel as if I know you. I am sorry for the temporary setback, but in the grand view, it is just a little bump in the already-bumpy visa road. Plus, June is right around the corner now. I appreciate all of the support you have contributed to our group, and your positive attitude has helped many of us during similar times. Lean on us now, and we will all come out winners, Lord Willing. My prayers are going up for you two, and on that glorious day (just a few weeks from now), we look forward to hearing the great news "Visa In-hand."

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawd Zee,

Sorry to hear the temp. setback. Did you include letters from family members who know both of you as evidence? Shucks. (kissing my theeth sound) Whah wrang wit dem! <_<

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Hang in there Zee victory is around the corner, I like Chispas idea.....the more evidence the better. Keeping you both in continued prayers!!!!!

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Man! I was hoping for better news. You both have a great attitude. It is temporary and we will all be here to support you.

More letters and pics? Crazy. Anyway, I just wanted to make a few suggestions. If you e-mail each other, make sure to print them ALL and take them to the embassy. My hubby didn't have regular access to e-mail, but I would e-mail him anyway at least once a week. He might have e-mailed me 5-6 times, but I always made reference to things we talked about on the phone. I sent him a few photos in the e-mails. During his interview the CO asked him about my dog because I sent a pic of him in an e-mail.

If you have additional photos, or visit and take more. Try to have your hair in different styles. I only sent 4-5 photos in our application, I made sure to chose pics with different hairstyles so it didn't look like we took all our photos in one day. I think my hubby might have brought more with him to the interview.

Also, I started a journal for my hubby I wrote to him everyday and sent that to him for Christmas. He brought that to his interview as well. It really wasn't practical for us to mail each other. He didn't have his own PO Box (he used a friends for the visa process) and mail takes a while.

Stay strong!

Filed: Timeline
I want to thank everyone out there who has sent us their prayers and good wishes. You don't know how much it has meant to us to have your support.

As for the interview, Inusah it went well, but they want him to come back in June (#######?!!?!?!?!?!?!) with more pictures from 2006 (hello, we only knew each other for ONE DAY) and letters (#######???). They scheduled him for June 2nd.

I know it is not bad news, it could be worse. We are not in AP/AR (I called DOS, they said just bring more pictures and letters). Inusah explained the reason why we had no pictures from 2006 and the CO was satisfied witht he answer but said to bring letters. I have THREE letters that he has sent me in the 1 year and 7 months we have been together. 3. I have sent him some care packages and I have the receipts for those and he has some letters and cards that I sent him (when they got to him) so I guess they are going to have to be happy with that.

The CO also asked him when we were planning to get married. Inusah replied July/August and the CO said to be on the safe side, it would be better to have the visa issued in June. #######?????? The visa is valid for SIX MONTHS!!!! That would put us in SEPTEMBER if it was issued today.

I just don't understand it. Inusah said the CO was convinced we had a real relationship. So, why all this about coming back with more pictures and letters? I just don't get it.

Inusah sounded optimistic about everything. I will not be happy until we have that visa in hand. I thought the waiting was over...I guess I was wrong. Now I have another f'ing interview to look forward to. I am just so tired of all the waiting.

I will post a more complete review later.

I know that you must be devastated that the interview did not go as planned. Nevertheless, start gathering more "evidence" of a relationship. A picture is worth 1000 words. You two look extremely happy together. If not, both of you are good actors. I heard a sermon some years ago. The minister said, "Delayed does not mean denied." Don't worry things will work out. Take care. I will be praying for you.

Regards,

Kelia

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I want to thank everyone out there who has sent us their prayers and good wishes. You don't know how much it has meant to us to have your support.

As for the interview, Inusah it went well, but they want him to come back in June (#######?!!?!?!?!?!?!) with more pictures from 2006 (hello, we only knew each other for ONE DAY) and letters (#######???). They scheduled him for June 2nd.

I know it is not bad news, it could be worse. We are not in AP/AR (I called DOS, they said just bring more pictures and letters). Inusah explained the reason why we had no pictures from 2006 and the CO was satisfied witht he answer but said to bring letters. I have THREE letters that he has sent me in the 1 year and 7 months we have been together. 3. I have sent him some care packages and I have the receipts for those and he has some letters and cards that I sent him (when they got to him) so I guess they are going to have to be happy with that.

The CO also asked him when we were planning to get married. Inusah replied July/August and the CO said to be on the safe side, it would be better to have the visa issued in June. #######?????? The visa is valid for SIX MONTHS!!!! That would put us in SEPTEMBER if it was issued today.

I just don't understand it. Inusah said the CO was convinced we had a real relationship. So, why all this about coming back with more pictures and letters? I just don't get it.

Inusah sounded optimistic about everything. I will not be happy until we have that visa in hand. I thought the waiting was over...I guess I was wrong. Now I have another f'ing interview to look forward to. I am just so tired of all the waiting.

I will post a more complete rev

Sorry for the delay....My heart breaks for you!!!

Terry

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Zee just a lil more patience.

Now I know, you know ,that you will be approved. It is an inconvience and a pain in the #######. but you will come through this victorious. They do not have the power to deny your happiness. Stay strong and be blessed.

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Oh Zee....I just ran home from the gym to see what GREAT NEWS you were going to post. I am so sad for you guys...

I feel like they are being petty and messing with people's lives JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN! :protest:

Yes, you are right, it is not dire but I agree, VISA IN HAND makes things more definitive.

Keep your spirits up! :thumbs:

8262.gif

JACKIE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

AWWWWWWW Zee...So so sorry! I was praying all would work out for u guys. But at least u know that the next time he will get his visa. Just hang in there, and know that our prayers are with the both of you!

God Bless (L)

DSCN0183-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline

ZeeNusah,

I've been eager to find out how your interview went. It's disappointing to a lot of us who have gone or are going thru' this process to learn that you haven't received an approval this time. Hope we must, nevertheless. This could be a blessing in disguise! You'll continue to be in our prayers. Your hard work is immensely appreciated.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Zee,

I have learned in my life to be patient because it is one of the most important fruit of the spirit. I try not to worry or be discouraged or even fear because God has a way of blessing us more when we wholeheartedly TRUST in His plans for our lives.

I am sure the ominipotent has His own reasons for todays outcome, but I know it is always so that His name will be glorified. Stand firm. :)

[center][/center]Citizenship Journey

04/16/12: Package sent to TX LOckbox

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Zee

Our prayers are with you during this most trying time. Just stay positive and focus on your wedding plans. June is around the corner and he will have the VISA in hand then!

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Never loose hope, i advise you keep more records of communication phone (calls and mails) during the period of waiting as well as photos. He will surely scale through if he goes for the second interview. It is well and good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Zee, sorry to hear this unfortunate story, I believe more than anybody, your hubby deserve to get the visa. I remember when I was going thru the consulate in Nigeria, my fiance (now wife) and I were very nervous but when I read your lines of encouragement, it lifted my hope to go get what rightly belongs to me. In the same vain, I want to let you know that delay is not denial and your hubby would definitely get what rightly belongs to him in no time. But I will encourage you to continue to send both emails and postal letters to your fiance now and until he attends the next interview because that's more important than the telephone conversation prove. During my interview, the interviewer didn't ask for prove of conversation though I told her we spend a lot of time talking on the phone. The good thing was that I had emails dated till the same day of my interview and letters dated few days from the interview too.

So my advice is search for letters that you have sent to him in the past and also continue to send more letters now both via email and postage, same applies to your hubby. I believe then your desire will be granted in the next interview. Hang in there and put your trust in GOD. My wife will mail you shortly.

April 8, 2007 - Visited the love of my life in Nigeria

April 10, 2007 - Engaged

May 21, 2007 - Sent Package to VSC

May 24, 2007 - NOA1 receipt date

August 10, 2007 - Visited the love of my life in Nigeria (again...stayed three weeks)

September 1, 2007 - arrived back in the States

November 5, 2007 - approved!!!

November 6, 2007 - touched

November 9, 2007 - received paper NOA2

November 9, 2007 - NVC forwarded case to consulate

November 15, 2007 - received letter from NVC

November 19, 2007 - fiance has interview date and corresponding forms

December 15, 2007 - Purchase Ticket

January 8, 2008- interview at consulate (approved!)

January 18, 2008- pick up visa

January 19, 2008 - POE (JFK)

February 14, 2008 - married on V-day!

AOS/EAD:

March 14, 2008 - applied for AOS/EAD

March 16, 2008 - AOS/EAD Received

March 20, 2008 - (AOS/EAD) NOA1 Received

March 27, 2008 - Received biometric Appointment

April 8, 2008 - I485 Application transfered to California Service Center

April 11, 2008- Biometrics taken

April 16, 2008 - Touched (AOS Transfered)

May 07, 2008 - Touched

May 08, 2008 - Touched

May 09, 2008 - Touched

May 12, 2008 - Touched

May 13, 2008 - Touched

May 14, 2008 - Touched(EAD card production ordered)

May 19, 2008 - Touched(EAD Approved)

May 19, 2008 - (AOS) Touched

May 19, 2008 - EAD card received!!!

June 05, 2008 - Touched(AOS Card production ordered)

June 09, 2008 - AOS approval notice sent

June 12, 2008 - Green Card received in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.