nessabs

im in uk and she is in states,help needed please??

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi

i have been going through this site and its contents for a week now and i think this is one of the best forums and community ive come across when it comes to immigration and all.the users are very helpful and undertand the emotional hardships since we are all going through the same scenario,which is trying to be with you loved ones.im not really sure where i should post this so im sorry if i posted it in the wrong forum.

i am a pakistani student in uk and i met this lovely girl from states that i have known for almost 2 years now and everyday im apart from her the pain becomes unbearable,she is states right now and im in uk.being a pakistani student in uk i dont know how we should go about this.could someone please help me solve this dilemma.should i go on a visitor visa and marry her there in the states or would it be better if we got married here in england and filed our case from england or what would be the best way to go about.it would be wonderful if anyone can help me.I hope everyone here and everywhere else alteast gets to be with thier loved ones.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You could do either option. Or have you thought of beginning a fiance visa?

I-130

07/29/2007---began process

01/24/2008---I-130 APPROVED (email)

I-129F

11/2007-------sent I-129F - VSC

02/17/2008---touched (at Vermont)

...I'm CR1 now--IV bill shows CR1--oh well

NVC

02/12/2007---at NVC

02/25/2008---received DS-3032 and AOS bill

03/10/2008---received IV Bill ($400!!)

03/24/2008---mailed DS2032

10/10/2008---approved at NVC

11/06/2008---interview (more evidence)

02/17/2009---2nd interview- PASSED!!!!!

04/01/2009---He finally landed on US soil. (no joke)

4309082_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Hi

i have been going through this site and its contents for a week now and i think this is one of the best forums and community ive come across when it comes to immigration and all.the users are very helpful and undertand the emotional hardships since we are all going through the same scenario,which is trying to be with you loved ones.im not really sure where i should post this so im sorry if i posted it in the wrong forum.

i am a pakistani student in uk and i met this lovely girl from states that i have known for almost 2 years now and everyday im apart from her the pain becomes unbearable,she is states right now and im in uk.being a pakistani student in uk i dont know how we should go about this.could someone please help me solve this dilemma.should i go on a visitor visa and marry her there in the states or would it be better if we got married here in england and filed our case from england or what would be the best way to go about.it would be wonderful if anyone can help me.I hope everyone here and everywhere else alteast gets to be with thier loved ones.

Welcome to VJ! You should not come to USA with a tourist visa for the intention of marrying her, as it is a clear violation of a tourist visa. She can marry you in UK and pursue CR-1, K-3 routes or she can pursure K-1 fiance route.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Welcome to VJ and good luck on your journey!!

Good luck with your interview mate.i hope you all the best.i bet you are a nerve wreck right coz it says 4 days something but you will be good brov.besafe and thanks alot for your message.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks alot cerri and simple for your posts,really appreciated.

so i cant go on a visitor visa and get married in states and extend my stay while i work on changing my status?

Not if that is your intent before you enter..... You cannot use a non-immigrant visa to short cut the immigrant process...

YMMV

• 1 month later...