Best of luck :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What visa is he applying for?

This is the K1 forum...

If he was going for the CR/1 you may want to post this in that forum, here

Best of luck :)

K1 what's the difference with K1 and CR-1?

K1 what's the difference with K1 and CR-1?

Or this Here

Shows you a comparison of the different visas.

Good Luck! :)

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Do you have a send a cover letter with the application?

For K1... go to the GUIDES and you will see there the sample cover letter.

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline
Do you have a send a cover letter with the application?

Yes, go through the checklist on this website. There are step-by-step instructions. If you already have all of your SO (significant others) information it will only take an hour to fill out everything.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline
Thanks to every one that has lead me into the right direction.

wah mek u neva ask di yaardie dem..mi just a seh mi cyaaan si yuh...how yuh heart rate :lol:(F)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Thanks to every one that has lead me into the right direction.

wah mek u neva ask di yaardie dem..mi just a seh mi cyaaan si yuh...how yuh heart rate :lol:(F)

you see how you stay....... :lol: Nothing but love fi you and mi yard family same way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi,

My cousin wants to file I-129f application what's the process and how long does the process usually takes?

I thought you had to file I-130 application first is that true?

Hi Dimples,

I have just sent in a I 129f and did not need a 130. The process is simple but it must be perfectly done or they will send it back.

Back in July, I sent one in. They took 5 weeks and sent it back saying one of my divorce judgements was not properly signed and it was not a legal divorce. I had to bring it back to the court house and they said of course your divorce is legal. I asked them to sign the blank line anyways and they did. I sent it back to USCIS and then the girl and i broke up.

So 3 weeks ago i sublmitted another application for another girl and they in 10 days they mailed it back and said that the check i sent was not signed and it was for the wrong amount. I did not realize in that short time the fee increased from $170 to $455.

So I sent them a new check and highlighted my signature with a nice note (because the first check had been signed).

So that is as much as I know. Some of the things they require are

Proof that you met

Biography form for both

Letter of intent to marry in 90 days upon entering the USA

of course the check for $455

and some other things.

You must read the application very very carefully. Write out exactly what you need in a list and check, double check and triple check that you have everything.

There is one thing that i learned yesterday that i had not known previously. It takes 5 to 6 months but you can get it processed in 15 days for a fee of $1,000.

It is called premium processing. There is a toll free number that you can call for the forms.

Read the web site carefully and everything is there. it is www.uscis.gov .

Good luck and if you need anything, feel free to email

Charlie

Timeline
Hi,

My cousin wants to file I-129f application what's the process and how long does the process usually takes?

I thought you had to file I-130 application first is that true?

Hi Dimples,

I have just sent in a I 129f and did not need a 130. The process is simple but it must be perfectly done or they will send it back.

Back in July, I sent one in. They took 5 weeks and sent it back saying one of my divorce judgements was not properly signed and it was not a legal divorce. I had to bring it back to the court house and they said of course your divorce is legal. I asked them to sign the blank line anyways and they did. I sent it back to USCIS and then the girl and i broke up.

So 3 weeks ago i sublmitted another application for another girl and they in 10 days they mailed it back and said that the check i sent was not signed and it was for the wrong amount. I did not realize in that short time the fee increased from $170 to $455.

So I sent them a new check and highlighted my signature with a nice note (because the first check had been signed).

So that is as much as I know. Some of the things they require are

Proof that you met

Biography form for both

Letter of intent to marry in 90 days upon entering the USA

of course the check for $455

and some other things.

You must read the application very very carefully. Write out exactly what you need in a list and check, double check and triple check that you have everything.

There is one thing that i learned yesterday that i had not known previously. It takes 5 to 6 months but you can get it processed in 15 days for a fee of $1,000.

It is called premium processing. There is a toll free number that you can call for the forms.

Read the web site carefully and everything is there. it is www.uscis.gov .

Good luck and if you need anything, feel free to email

Charlie

What is Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)? Premium processing what if they turn you down then you loose all that money?

I will let her know if this preminum processing.

Thanks for the helpful information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Premium processing isn't available for family based applications - only for work based applications. Sad, but true. We all wish it were otherwise.

The letter of intent is a letter written by each person saying that they are free to marry and intend to marry their fiance/e within the 90 day time period required by the K-1 visa.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.