tuty

Filing in March

1,254 posts in this topic

Congratulations Mark :dance::dance::dance:

Finally some life in here. I thought everybody graduated and moved on. Well you did kinda graduate now didn't you?

Nick's interview is a week from today. I'm going over there Friday. There's hurricane Dolly that reminded me that I should write out a hurricane plan in case of evacuation while I'm gone. You just never know when you live this close to the Gulf of Mexico. I just want to give my kids a checklist of things they will have to do for me. Come get the cats--the travel crates are in the attic. Take my photo albums and CPU with you. Move the loose things in the yard to the garage...hanging baskets, bird bath, bench, etc. Those become missiles in high winds and really big things can go airborn. It's such a pain. If I think through a plan ahead of time, then I won't have to worry quite as much if something comes up. Oh dear, one more thing to do...

Highway :star: I hope you're hanging in there, love. I know your fella is coming soon and that will be really good for you. It gets so lonely by yourself while waiting on the USCIS. I remember how awful the uncertainty was. I am so ready to start my new life. Just a few more months maybe. I wish I was coming to Rome. I really want to go there....like maybe next summer. I've been to Venice and Florence and passed Milan on the highway. Firenze was my favorite.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking at those late March/ early April filers being approved and thinking our Raff may just be in that box! crossfingers.gif

Yes, I hope so. They're working all around her. It's funny because you can see approvals start to clump together many times which makes me think one dude has this box and another has that box like we speculate. And within the box they aren't in a particular order. They probably just consider the box as equal and grab a folder out of it. And of course we VJ people aren't the only ones in the box. So that makes it hard to picture too. You could be in a box with no other VJ people and then it makes your case not fit in with anything you dream up. Geez this process twists your brain. I don't even know what I'm trying to speculate. :ranting: Damn the USCIS for scrambling my brain. :rofl:

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi evebody sorry I have been gone for a while....Busy taking care of my honey hahah and busy getting all the papers ready to the interview...

Plus I will have to leave earlier my interview is on august 26 but is on RJ I still need go to the doctor there so I am going to RJ on august 17 and that is fine the only problem is that I dont know is when I should book my tickets from RJ to US =(The consualte there does not let me go pick up my passport on the day after the interview I will have to wait on the Hotel for it =( I was thinking about book to the august 30 the saturyda but I am afraid won[t be time enough to get the passport =( and I am sad I was planing the weekend already there ...

SO how are things going here? Bex are you in US already? I thought you were going to leave ont he july 22? Alina??? whre are you? Kim ? Nich? Highway how are you doing mama mia? hahahaha Jessica? did you get the itnerview date already??

OMG March fillers all happy together!! ( I was listening to Jack Johnson)

:star:

Ana

[Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office :

Date Filed : 2008-12-02

NOA Date : 2008-12-12

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-01-07

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2009-03-24

Approval Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

CIS Office : Boston MA

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

NOA Date : 2008-12-11

RFE(s) :

Approved Date : 2009-02-10

Date Card Received : 2009-02-21

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

So lovely to see your bubbly self Ana. :) I wish I had an easy answer for you regarding your flight. We're sort of in the same boat... everyone says to wait to book your flight but umm yeah... no! :lol: NZ usually takes two days to issue the passport so we'll have to see what day that lands us on and take it from there. Russell's home is 4 hours away from Auckland and the Embassy so he is not wanting to travel back after his interview... just wants to come home to me on the earliest possible flight! Good luck in whatever you decide!

Yes, mama 'Nich'.. i'm with you... uscis makes no sense! I think they need a time out for putting us all through this stress! :lol:

Alina, thinking of you and hoping you're travelling safe! Do check in when you can.

Bex, dont forget to take some time for Y-O-U each day as you are trying to manage all the change. :)

timeline.jpg

Timeline

Kim...Fortaleza to RJ is like 3 day by car and 800 bucks the tickets

is nto worth coming back here because all the flight to S leaves from SP and RJ the only flight that leaves from Here goes to miami and is freakin expensive... I am trying to use th eJFK as POE = I am thinking to wait 5 business day =( I have tp decide today!!

[Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office :

RFE(s) :

AOS Transfer** :

Approval Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Event Date

RFE(s) :

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

yikes!!! :blink: 5 business days should be enough time, no? I'm sure you've already scoped out all the reviews to see how long it would take.

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Interview is August 27th. I can't wait!

Sent I-129F: 3-20-08

Received NOA1: 3-31-08

Touched: 4-15-08

Touched: 7-1-08

NOA2 (e-mail): 7-1-08

NOA2 (Hardcopy) 7-4-08

NVC Received : 7-4-08

NVC Left : 7-7-08

Interview: 8-27-08

Hi Guys

I hope you are all well. I have a little bit of an admission to make. I'M IN AMERICA!!! I flew into Atlanta yesterday :) just wanted to stop in and say hi.

POE was easy, took about an hour from getting off the plane to picking up my luggage and getting the hell out of there. Its so nice to be with Alan. He went into work for a little while today so me and Nicholas went to the movies and had lunch then Alan picked us up and we all went to the park.

Will write up my review in the next few days, want to get back to my boys right now. I hope your all good and sorry I didn't tell you all my plans!

lots and lots of love xxxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi Guys

I hope you are all well. I have a little bit of an admission to make. I'M IN AMERICA!!! I flew into Atlanta yesterday :) just wanted to stop in and say hi.

POE was easy, took about an hour from getting off the plane to picking up my luggage and getting the hell out of there. Its so nice to be with Alan. He went into work for a little while today so me and Nicholas went to the movies and had lunch then Alan picked us up and we all went to the park.

Will write up my review in the next few days, want to get back to my boys right now. I hope your all good and sorry I didn't tell you all my plans!

lots and lots of love xxxx

Congrats Bex, glad that Atlanta was easy I am flying on Saturday and getting married on Monday if Jay can arrange it all.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

I have a little bit of an admission to make. I'M IN AMERICA!!! I flew into Atlanta yesterday :)

Why you little sneaky scamp! I knew you were awfully quiet and weren't very forthcoming with your plans. Just had no idea it would be so soon. :wow:

I am super excited for you. And you sound happy and excited too.

WELCOME TO AMERICA BEX

Now get yourself a job and start paying taxes. :rofl:

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Yes Bex, you are sneaky one - but what happened to my text message saying you arrived ok hmmm?? I don't know you get to America and forget all about us...LOL. Just kidding, i'm glad you're having a nice time. Let me know when's a good time for me to call you!

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Kim: you got it hahah my interview is on august 26 and I am going to book my tickets to leave RJ on the september 3rd and get in Us on the 4th ! yay!!

Bex: congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is good !!! good luck with your guys!!!

i am happy for all of you guys!!!

:star:

Ana

[Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office :

RFE(s) :

AOS Transfer** :

Approval Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Event Date

RFE(s) :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.