tuty

Filing in March

1,254 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
I think Michael calling would be a good thing. He's likely to get 3 different answers all from the same person but you never know one of them might be something you want to hear. He can ask whether your case has been assigned for adjudication yet. If it hasn't then no one will have even looked at what you do for a living so that panic can wait a while, if it has then it means it is sitting on someone’s desk waiting and you are due an update soon maybe?

Bex xxx

Hi guys-

I tried calling USCIS yesterday because now I am starting to worry because it seems like only April approvals are coming out this week and my case hasn't even been touched in 2 and a half months. I know sometimes the date order jumps around slightly, but it's been over two weeks now since others with my same NOA1 date were mostly approved. Anyway, I managed to get a person on the line, which was not easy, but they gave me zero information other than that which I already knew. I asked if my case had been assigned for adjudication, but she couldn't answer me one way or the other. Does anyone know how I can get someone on the line who can answer that question??? Also, I've read in other places that people can actually get a hold of someone working at the service center where their case is. Does anyone know how in the world we can do that??

I know it's probably a futile effort to try to get someone on the phone who can tell me anything about my case, but I just can't help but try!! I never expected it to be mid-July and STILL have no idea what's going on... SO frustrating... :angry:

Hi, I know how that feels....My case was filed on March 31, 2008 and was only touched once on April 21, 2008.

I see no updates or touches on my case online! I am going CRAZY about not being able to see the love of my life

and I cannot focus on work because of this situation!!! I really wish that people at USCIS could understand

what it is like to be apart from the ones that they truly love for months and months without seeing each other.....

I know I see all those April filers starting to receive their NOA2 and it really really makes me worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I have to be patient and remember you are not the only one that has not heard anything from USCIS.

If you hear anything from USCIS please let me know.

I wish both of us NOA2 :innocent: lol

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You too Danielle-Justin!!! ;)

Jessica & Lute...Each time you call I think you'll get a different answer. The nature of the beast. <_< I know you sent it 3/26 but I don't think anyone with your NOA1 has been approved yet this week. I'm sure it's coming soon! :) Although, I like Bex's idea of the breakaway rebel operator's in the lunchroom! :lol:) I used to have a different number saved but I can't seem to find it now. I'll let you know if I do.

S&D... did you send on 3/31 or is that your NOA1 date? Most of the people who have been approved this week only sent their petition either end of March or very early in April so you should be right around them. it's coming!

I know it's getting harder as we all get closer...but that just means it's right there!

Tuty, I sure hope that id comes way before you expect it!

Aleena, can't wait to hear how you're doing!

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

KimandRuss>>

March 31 is the date of our NOA1 and my fiance sent the petition several days before March 31...

I am not sure about the exact date when he sent it though :unsure:

Thanks for cheering me up!!! I really needed it today!!!

I hope it's right there but i just don't see it till it pops up!!

My fiance is coming to Japan next month so at least I have something that I know for sure is coming true (L)

Edited by S&D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone regret the "rush" delivery that they might have included for mailing the packet? I sent mine via standard mail with a return receipt and seeing how the waiting process continues, I am glad I didn't rush it.

USA_a.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

But rushing feels good and like you are doing all you can.

Met online August 2006

Meet in Philippines July 2007

I-129F sent to CSC March 2008

NOA2 issued April 2008

Interview July 22, 2008 APPROVED

Arrived USA. POE SFO July 31, 2008

Married September 5, 2008

Filed AOS, EAD, AP September 17, 2008

EAD and AP approved 12/2/2008

AOS approved 02/09/09

Timeline

yeah, after waiting so many years for that dang decree and finally being able to send that package out.... there was just no other way for me than overnight! No regrets! ;)

timeline.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Just for curiosity's sake... What about those people who are ahead of us in Igor's list? Do we know for sure if they are still waiting for NOAs, or if they just have dropped off the radar? We are now # 39 on the list, but it seems there are still a number of February filers waiting, not to mention March filers.

Timeline

The last time I went through everyone's timelines and posts I found that the first 20 were either no longer active or had been approved and just didn't update. I'd have to assume that you are more up the line than you think. ;)

timeline.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Let's just hope that thing I was told about my job raising suspicions was not true... I checked the USCIS website some time ago, and there were no new touches. I don't think it's worth asking Michael to call them, seen as they will probably decline to answer, or say they don't know anything. There is nothing to do but wait, and keep our fingers crossed.

Aleena I see you . . .

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello everyone!

just dropped in to say that so far everything is good.

had medical this morning. the doctor lady was super nice. i got the HVP vaccine shot and let me say my mom was freaking out all day because she heard on the news last night that some girl paralized a couple days after the shot...Scarry... But i am fine...so far...lol

So all in all the medical was ok. got the sealed envelope to take with me at the embassy tomorrow.

thank you guys for thinking aout me...Really feels nice to come back here and see that people have been thinking about you and wishing you good luck...

I pray that everything goes well tomorrow also and i know that with the help of God and the positive vibes the VJ friends are sending it will be all fine.

i will let you know as soon as i can...

hope i can sleep a couple hours tonight...lol

and to everybody else still waiting...your day will come! i bet on that! i will all get sorted out eventually even if there are some bumps along the road... Some get approved later than others...some get dalayed in the paperwork mess like Tuty and Pandora (really sory about what happend but i am sure you will get it out of the way)...some have to wait a long while beore they even file...and some others just go through it smoothly... But there is one constant truth about all these stories! LOVE WILL GET US THROUGH IT!!!!!!

much love,

Aleena

Good luck on Friday BEX!!!!!

will be thinking about you!!!!

I129-F sent: 03-17-2008

NOA1: 03-24-2008

NOA2: 06-04-2008

Interview: 07-10-2008 - APPROVED!!!

Going back home: 07-23-2008 yaaaaay

Court house wedding: 10-09-2008

AOS sent: 10-16-2008

NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP: 10-22-2008

Case transfered to CSC: 11-07-2008

Biometrics: 11-12-2008

EAD an AP approved: 12-23-2008

AOS approved: 2-27-09

:luv: Hello and good afternoon. Nothing much to say but hope everybody is feeling good today and not too worried about anything. We're all moving forward with a new future just by virtue of sending in the darn paperwork. I wish you March people could get resolved because it is disheartening to see them move forward with dates in April. But we saw that happen with March. Chunks would get approved down the list some, then they would go back and fill in. The beginning of April isn't that far from the end of March. And some we are calling April actually mailed in March. I just wish nobody had to wait, but try to trick your brain into doing something besides thinking about it.

Not sure about the Igor's list thing, but you don't have to be low on the list to get an approval. We were 69 or 70. I think he cleaned out the list some or Capt Ewok got rid of some dud timelines or duplicates. There are still some waiting from months ago that are stuck in processing for various reasons. And I suppose there are those who never came back to update.

We are working on making a Roman shade today. I always put Nick to work when he comes, so better go crack the whip now. :lol:

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Nice to hear that everything went well today!

One step closer girl!

And Bex ... :thumbs:

I am waiting to be kicked of the 20 latest approvals on Igor's list!

C'mon VSC...you know what you have to do!!

To all the Marchies that are still waiting, can't be much longer! :thumbs:

I am counting the days at the moment! In exactly one week, I'll see Eric again!

His mom and sister are flying in on Wednesday, and Eric on Thursday!

We're already going to have a celebration over here (nothing official though, but nice for the families to

get to know eachother!)

Oohh...one more week!

Application for Citizenship

N400: NOA 11/01/2011

In queue for interview scheduling: 11/28/2011

Yellow letter asking to bring state issued ID: 12/23/2011

Interview: 04/09/2012

Oath ceremony: 07/31/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Pandora. Hun I’m so sorry things didn’t go as well as expected yesterday. Just under a week isn’t a bad turn around for the bloods, I believe it takes them 2-3 days to get the results so I would say if you haven’t heard anything by Friday then you are definitely good to go. They aren’t going to send any bad results to the embassy for them to tell you they will call you if there is a problem. As for the co-sponsor issue, I think Kim summed it up brilliantly. It must be so hard to go from being self sufficient and full independent to being so dependant on somebody else but you are doing it for all the right reasons. As for being ignored, I’m sorry that you feel that way. I consider everyone here my big, happy VJ family, there are no entry requirements to this club. We talk a lot of rubbish in here to pass the time, don’t mistake that as private conversation, everyone is welcome to join in and to be honest I wish they would - I’m bored of Mummy Nichole and Kim!! (Kidding, I love you guys) Sending you lots of good vibes and big hugs

Bex - i wish it was only a week had my first blood test on 20th June and the second on 30 june received letter and phone call today to say the earliest they would get the results are the 16th. With regards to to co-sponsorship my So's parents have said no and said they would seek legal advice from a immigration lawyer, but dont see the point as there will always be some form of resentment eg from them for being asked and from us for there reluctance. It seems that the easier way is to give up on this and apply for a UK fiance visa and my SO move here.

I Just feel like giving up n crawling under a rock somewhere :(

Already had to eat humble pie and withdraw my resignation - not sure how to tell the rest of my family yet

check out my time line and dont forget to update yours too :D

Pandora lovely I’m sorry that things haven’t gone to plan so close to the end. I have been reading your other post in the UK section as well. I sincerely hope from the bottom of my heart everything works out for you. You have each other and your children where ever you live in the world that will never change. Whilst I’m sure it feels awful to not have your SO’s parents jumping to the ready to help you. I’m sure their reluctance is not because they do not support your relationship but more to do with other things they have experienced in their lifetime. Once they consult with an immigration lawyer and the process is explained to them I’m sure they will want to help. My mum still won’t trust the internet, purely because she doesn’t understand much of it. She still thinks the second she enters her bank details online her account will be wiped clean, I think in her head she sees the internet as a wild and baron badland. She’s slowly coming round now and I’m sure once I move and she realizes how good it is for us to stay in touch that way she will become a silver surfer in no time! We are all afraid of the unknown at times, if they are skeptical of the government asking for their info or if they have been burned with money in the past maybe they just need some extra re-assurance. Whatever happens I wish you a world of happiness. We are always here for you too, which ever direction you go in.

ALINA I’m sending you every good vibe I can muster at this very moment. I hope everything’s going ok, I can’t wait to hear your good news.

Dutti I bet it feels great to know that your families will be getting together. Alan’s parents still haven’t met mine and won’t until the wedding now. I’m not worried that they wont get on, they are all awesome but it still would have been nice if they could have spent some time getting to know each other before hand.

Glad to hear you are putting Nick to work momma Nic, don’t want him to think his new life is going to be all cook outs and fireworks.

I feel sick with nerves today. One more sleep to go!!!

Xxxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.