tuty

Filing in March

1,254 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, Erin.....you have all the talent and ability to start your OWN MAGAZINE. Let's see: Writing, Layout, and Photography - I'm sure you proofread too! When you get here, I look forward to one day seeing "E Magazine" on the stands. Watch out "Oprah" competition is on the way :)

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

How lucky we all are!

Yes, yes, yes!

Sometimes, like many of us, I get depressed because I want to start my new life right NOW! I can't recall how many times Donnie and I talked about alternative ways to the K1: K3, DCF,...living here in Israel and so on. However, each time we discuss the issue we get to the same conclusion: the K1 is the easiest, fastest way to do it.

This morning I have been reading a little bit on the other threads (spying...lmao) and one of the most attractive ways for a visa was untill then the DCF. I thought to myself : great! he can live with me and we can apply together from here!

but how wrong I was....after reading some of their posts and learning about what people have to go through....I was in shock. Lets start by the fact that they want the USC to live in the foreign country legally for 6 consecutive months (and no...you cannot be a tourist), then, they want you to have contiguous job in US WHILE YOU ARE ABROAD! (let alone they want a permanent domicile in US too). Even if you get a sponsor, he only can be a joint sponsor but the USC must support his or her immigrant spouse.

One of the couples were asked for the ex husband contact info, a list of 30 contacts (not family members) and LOTS of proof that their marriage is genuine.

After reading all that, I think that if we get denied for some reason we will just re-apply as many times as necessary. After you get married is just more complicated, and there are much more people in line. For some reason, it seems that the government punishes those who were bad kids and married without their permission. LOL

Yes! we are so lucky K1 filers!

yvfip2.png

4464359_bodyshot_300x400.gif4592513_bodyshot_300x400.gif

LQPEsa5e7K0

.png

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Israel

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-08

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-04-02

NVC Received : 04-09-08

NVC Left : 04-14-08

Consulate Received : 15 April, 2008

Packet 3 Received : 21 April, 2008

Packet 3 Sent : 24 April 2008

NOW IS WHEN EVERYTHING GETS STUCK: I have to wait 8 to 12 months for Argentinean ID and another 2 weeks for police certificate (I want to cry)

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage : Wedding on the beach in Pensacola, Florida .....YAY!

Comments : GOOD LUCK WITH THE K1 TUTY and ARIELLA!!!!!!!!

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 34 days from your filing date.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

steph - i LOVE the idea of 'e magazine' :yes: even more fitting given that i'm moving to the chicago area, too! it's oprah time! heehee. i do have to say, i am actually thrilled when i think about moving and deciding what i want to do in terms of a 'career'. for the first time ever, it feels as if i can take some time, see what's out there, and, most importantly, see what i'd actually like to be doing. for the last decade i have accepted jobs in order to get away from negative situations (mainly office conflict that after a point, i could not stay out of. i am very bad at keeping my mouth shut when other people are being mistreated and have always wound up standing up for people who felt fearful of doing so themselves). now i get to make a choice! i am glad i have the next 9 months (or so) to really think on what i'd like to be doing, and to possibly try some things out here in toronto first.

tuty - i agree. we are lucky for so many reasons, K1 included. when david and i first started seriously talking about me moving there (in late december) we looked at every single option. we had lawyers tell us all kinds of misleading things about different visas and how i could get there 'the fastest'. thank goodness for VJ as i was able to start reading and researching. i am also very fortunate to have a good friend who just went through the K1 process less than two years ago, so she and i had many, many long conversations where she tried to explain as many details as possible. i am so blessed that our paths crossed and i got to know her when i did.

i am pleased to report that i finished my magazine layout yesterday around 6pm. it is not perfect but it's certainly much better than 'good enough' so i was happy to head home and do my laundry. then i went out and visited with some friends for a few hours and drank far too much diet coke so i was up for a couple of hours after i got home :lol:

today i'm not sure what i'm going to do. i have never been one who knows what to do with 'spare time' (read: anytime i'm not at work). i do need to look at my financial paperwork and properly set up my monthly budget following my meeting on tuesday with my financial counsellor. i am so glad i finally got the courage and got over the guilt so i could move that part of my life forward. for the first time in over 3.5 years, i will have more than $60/month to spend on groceries (without any guilt or serious consequences kicking in). i am tempted to go to the grocery store and just enjoy it, see if am inspired to make anything special for dinner, and maybe even buy some yogurt! it might sound silly but the thought of eating well and getting to eat yogurt and other lovely things every day... well, it makes me feel like i can properly nourish myself again and will only get stronger. i quite like that :D

nich - i hope you're managing to keep your flowers alive in the extreme heat.

bex - i hope that your stye has gone away never to come back!

aleena - i hope that you've found some patience to get you through for a little while (F) i am sure you will hear something this week!

ana - i hope you're feeling better too and have found some ways to get over missing your honey so much. i know that last night i would have given the world to be with david even if only for a few moments. i miss him dearly and can't wait to be with him. *sigh* isn't love wonderful?

jmmr - i hope you hear something soon but i think we're on the long road at CSC. at least we're in good company!

i hope you are all enjoying your weekends.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: good vibes to aleena for her noa2 this week!!! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

time to write up a shopping list and get this day moving!

hugs,

erin

Good morning lovely ladies.

Just checking in and I see Erin is in a happy mood. Good for you.

I've been home a week now and I hate it. It's just too blah all by myself. :( I miss simple things like hugs.

I did yard things yesterday and got all sweaty and overheated and muddy. Can't say I love working in the yard (garden in British), but I like the way it looks so I keep at it. I really should go work on weeds some more before they get too bad. By mid summer, it's just way too hot and I sorta give it up.

My daughter stopped by briefly yesterday because she was in town for something else. She's planning a short trip to England at the end of June. A close friend of hers is on a work assignment in London and she's been wanting to visit. She's also going to catch a train or bus to go visit Nick for a couple of days at the end so he can show her around his area and do some driving out in the countryside. I love the back roads, the little villages and reading the names of all the pubs. So glad she's taking the opportunity since her friend and Nick won't be in England by the end of the year. (Free places to stay!) Her friend's company pays for a 2 bedroom flat right by Westminster so it's a great location to easily see the sights of the big city.

Ok, off to the yard to tackle a few weeds. I'm looking forward to the new week starting with lots of hope for Aleena and the rest of the March filers.

Vibes~~~~

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

hello my friends!

greetings from London :)

i am having a great time...sorry i haven't posted in a while...

no news from our side yet...at least i stopped thinking about it a little..

didn't have time to catch up with the thread...just dropped in to say hi...

i will be back home in 3 days

thank you Erin for thinking about me ..

xoxoxox

I129-F sent: 03-17-2008

NOA1: 03-24-2008

NOA2: 06-04-2008

Interview: 07-10-2008 - APPROVED!!!

Going back home: 07-23-2008 yaaaaay

Court house wedding: 10-09-2008

AOS sent: 10-16-2008

NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP: 10-22-2008

Case transfered to CSC: 11-07-2008

Biometrics: 11-12-2008

EAD an AP approved: 12-23-2008

AOS approved: 2-27-09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I agree that we have quite a long wait. :crying: I hope we get lucky and get our approvals soon... :unsure: I'm thinking all of us March filers will get approvals in July according to how other filers are getting approved. I surely hope he can be here in the US with me no later than late September. I'm really crossing my fingers and praying a lot for it. How has everyone else's weekend been? Tomorrow's Monday, fresh new week! I hope everyone has a great one. :)

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

7/11/2008 Sent Jorge Proof of Ongoing Relationship

7/22/2008 TOUCH!! *feels bubbley inside*

7/22/2008 NOA2 By e-mail! WOO!!

7/23/2008 Touch After Approval

7/23/2008 Jorge Received Proof of Ongoing Relationship Packet That I Sent Him

7/26/2008 Received NOA2 Hard Copy

7/28/2008 Petition Arrived to NVC - Got my new case number!

7/30/2008 NVC shipped petition to MEXICO!! Getting closer and closer!

7/30/2008 Petition Arrived to CDJ-(Electronically I suppose???)

8/04/2008 NVC hard copy in my mail box =D

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/02/2008 Mailing Jorge Interview Packet- Cost me 93 USD; worth it. He will hopefully get it on Thursday evening.

9/04/2008 Jorge Received the packet I sent him for the interview. YAY

9/05/2008 Jorge Received his packet 3 (identical to the one I received)

9/07/2008 Jorge flies to Juarez for Med and Interview

9/08/2008 Medical Date- went well :) He stood in line since 5:30 Am. He finished at 11:15 AM - ish

9/09/2008 Interview- SUCCESS!

9/16/2008 POE

9/17/1008 Arrives to East Wenatchee, WA

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/07/2008 - And so it begins

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/18/2008 - Appt Letter YAY (Nov. 28)

11/28/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/28/2008 - Touch

1/23/2008 - Travel Doc Approved

1/27/2009 - EAD Card ordered

1/31/2009 - Card Recieved

2/18/2009 - First day at new Job :)

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

APPROVED WOO! We are complete!

4/20/2009- Resident Card Received NOW we're complete!

Hi Guys

Just checking in. I hope everyone had lovely weekends. Mine flew by, I can't believe that its Monday again. I have worn a skirt to work for the very first time - I don’t very often wear skirts anyway - and it’s not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I work with lots of men and was thinking they might have teased me somewhat about my feminine ways but I think they are just happy to see some legs.

Nic - Is Nick looking forward to his medical tomorrow? I'm hoping we get P3 towards the end of this week so it will kick my butt into gear. I need to get in touch with my Dr's and get the letters I need but I haven't been a very good girl recently and I don't really want to see any of my Dr's.

Aleena - I hope your having a lovely time over here. The weather up here is rubbish I hope you’re getting a bit more sunshine than we have. I'm sure you’re having a blast anyway, hopefully in traditional British style with plenty of booze.

Erin - I'm glad you got everything sorted for you deadline. I think we should start a K1/K3 visa e-newsletter/magazine and you can be in charge of it!

Kim - Your in charge of sorting us out the web space and the technical things! Teehee. If you’re around lovely I hope your well.

Tuty - I'm sure not everyone will agree, there are people that have lots of trouble with K1 too. But overall it does seem there are fewer complications with the K1. I don't think it matters which route you take if you don't tick the boxes you need to tick or if someone is concerned about your application you will get flagged. I think maybe there is an uneducated consensus that if you marry an American you automatically get a green card. Maybe there are more issues with K3 and CR1 etc because the officers automatically get a bit more defensive as I imagine they do get more fraudulent applications. I don't know.

I hope everyone else is doing well too.

Alan and I have been having somewhat of a disagreement about the wedding, I'm feeling pretty cut up about it at the moment as we still haven’t come to any conclusion and we can't agree on anything. He wants the big do - I want a small one. I don't want to be at my wedding and feel like a stranger because there is no one there that I know - it’s going to be my 3 guests vs. Alan’s 100+. I have asked him to compromise, maybe do the actual ceremony low key and then have the reception later in the day with all his guests, at least that way for the actual ceremony I will be surrounded by people I actually know. OR do a low key wedding now and then in a year on our anniversary renew our vows and have the big shindig. He's not happy with either of these options but can't seem to come up with any other solutions. In the end we seemed to just get stuck with the fact that I am going to be unhappy no matter what we do because ultimately I wont be able to share the day with my friends and family here so we might as well do it his way and at least then we aren't both unhappy on the day. It makes my heart sad to think this is the only outcome. I think we need to talk about it some more but we both get quite upset when we do - yesterday it just escalated into us shouting at each other. I’m trying really hard to embrace the idea of having lots of people there but I hate being centre of attention even if the tables were turned and we were doing it here in the UK I wouldn’t be inviting that many people. I feel like it is OUR day and Alan sees it as his opportunity to tell everyone he knows how much he loves me. Very nice indeed don’t get me wrong but I just don’t feel comfortable meeting the whole of his family and all his friends at the same time. I think it is just going to be that way anyway. I really don’t like telling him he can’t have what he wants because it seems so important to him and what I want is to be his wife so if that’s the outcome of the day then I guess I get what I want.

Ok well this post is getting really long so I will leave the problem in your capable hands.

Lots and lots of love

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Awww Bex i'm sorry you're having such disagreement about this. This is one of the things I hate most about the big to-do's. My first marriage was huge... hundreds of people... 20+ member wedding party. Very expensive dress....reception... the works. My family came from Italy and all settled here and they're all still here! I live in a community full of many of the same kinds of people... good people. Anyway, It was a lovely day and we did enjoy it, but by the time it rolled around I was more stressed worrying if this or that was right and losing sight of the real reason we were there in the first place. :( I'm lucky in that Russell has already lived here for quite some time and that he is already a part of all of our lives here in the U.S. Everyone is waiting for him to come home.

Russell doesn't want a big to-do and we had planned an intimate and romantic ceremony BUT we learned in January that his family is wanting to travel from NZ to see us married so now we're facing a similar dilema. We do want to celebrate with all the wonderful people around us and I would love for his family to live in our world for a time and see how happy, loved and well cared for Russell is here... but in our own time and on our own terms. Right now Russell is trying to convince his family that we want to keep it low key right now and that we'll have a bigger 'to-do' next year and they can all fly up and spend as long as they like. It would be great to see them but we both think it's just to much to do, pay for and worry about right after his arrival.

All that being said... there is going to be compromise and sacrafice all of your days. How important is it to him? Perhaps he comes from a world like I live in and he knows that not only is this the start of a new life for the two of you...but also in the lives of all those he holds dear...and you...the one he loves most. ;) Yes, it's your wedding day...but in the end, and well after its over... it's still just a day. ;) If it makes him that happy... it will make you happy and that compromise will pay itself back tenfold. You will see it as the day you not only joined hands but also the day you joined his/your new world.

Now matter how it goes for us... if it's important enough for his family to be there ...then they will be there because although our vows will be special no matter what....the day we will really celebrate for the rest of our lives is the day that he finally comes home to me. And that day will be about him..and I..and nothing else. :)

timeline.jpg

VSC petitions with NOA1 in March '08 -- About 55.7%

Names_______ Beneficiary's Country__1st NOA____ 2nd NOA

Bing & Joey_____________ Philippine__ 3/3/2008_____ 3/21/2008

Anne & Nicholas__________ France____ 3/3/2008_____ 5/14/2008

Vika & Rich______________ Ukraine___ 3/3/2008_____ 5/6/2008

Qing & Jia_______________ Armenia___ 3/3/2008_____

N & M__________________ Japan_____ 3/3/2008_____ 3/28/2008

Anthony & Tanya_________ Jamaica___ 3/3/2008_____ 4/15/2008

April & Wes______________ Philippines_ 3/3/2008_____ 5/9/2008

Fang & Robert____________ China_____3/4/2008_____ 4/7/2008

Olga & Jerry______________ Russia___ 3/4/2008_____

Yuko & Aaron_____________ Japan____ 3/4/2008_____ 4/2/2008

Balbona & Joe*___________ Venezuela_ 3/5/2008_____

Anais & Jack_____________ Philippines__ 3/6/2008_____ 5/5/2008

Nutt & John______________ Thailand___ 3/7/2008_____

Flortie & Ferdin____________Philippines_ 3/7/2008_____

Ariella & Donnie___________ Israel_____ 3/8/2008_____ 4/2/2008

Abdel & JoAnn____________ Morocco___ 3/10/2008_____

Carolina & Gerald__________ Colombia__ 3/10/2008_____ 5/9/2008

Lada & Mark______________ Russia____ 3/10/2008_____ 4/23/2008

Phuong Anh & Dong Duong__ Vietnam___ 3/10/2008_____ 5/5/2008

Liliana & Steven__________ Russia_____ 3/11/2008_____ 5/19/2008

Natalia & Marcin__________ Poland_____ 3/11/2008_____ 4/29/2008

Leejoy & Ron____________ Philippines__ 3/11/2008_____ 5/4/2008

Nadine & Julian___________ Jamaica____ 3/12/2008_____

D & N__________________ UK________ 3/13/2008_____ 5/5/2008

Nick & Nich______________ UK_______ 3/13/2008_____ 5/2/2008

Darren & Crissy__________ UK________ 3/13/2008_____ 4/18/2008

Natasha & Richard________ Russia_____ 3/13/2008_____ 5/1/2008

Yamile & Jordan__________ Cuba_____ 3/13/2008_____ 4/3/2008

Karla & Luke____________ Germany___ 3/14/2008_____ 4/8/2008

philip & tracy____________ Sweden____ 3/14/2008_____ 4/24/2008

Johana & Todd___________ Colombia__ 3/14/2008_____ 5/12/2008

Gina & Jeff______________ Colombia__ 3/14/2008_____

Jamal & shannon_________ Morocco___ 3/14/2008_____

Amy & Michael___________ Philippines__ 3/14/2008_____ 5/30/2008

Olga & Dmitriy___________ Russia_____ 3/14/2008_____ 5/9/2008

Marilu & Lloyd____________ Peru_____ 3/15/2008_____ 4/23/2008

S & W_________________ Germany____ 3/17/2008_____ 5/16/2008

A & A__________________ Pakistan____ 3/17/2008_____ 4/30/2008

Tanya & Fred____________ Ukraine____ 3/17/2008_____ 5/20/2008

Bex & Alan______________ UK________ 3/17/2008_____ 5/12/2008

andres fel & jennif________ Colombia____3/17/2008_____ 5/20/2008

Althea & Eric*___________ Philippines___3/17/2008_____

Younes & Brenda_________ Morocco_____3/17/2008_____ 5/13/2008

S & W__________________ Germany____3/17/2008_____ 5/16/2008

Glyn & Tim______________ Philippines__ 3/18/2008_____ 4/1/2008

Svetlana & Barry_________ Russia______ 3/18/2008_____ 5/28/2008

daisy & jose_____________ Philippines__ 3/18/2008_____

Alla & Gary______________ Ukraine_____3/18/2008_____ 5/15/2008

Rose & Argee____________ Philippines__ 3/18/2008_____ 5/28/2008

Maggie & Bob____________Canada____ 3/19/2008_____ 3/26/2008

Berta & Bill______________ Russia______3/19/2008_____ 6/1/2008

Samital & Samital_________ India______ 3/21/2008_____

Jo & Jo_________________ Philippines___3/21/2008_____ 5/27/2008

Hilary & William__________ UK________ 3/21/2008_____ 5/16/2008

Ray & Michelle____________ Jamaica___ 3/21/2008_____

Rosana & Roger___________ Brazil_____ 3/23/2008_____

Alina & Lee_____________ Romania___ 3/24/2008_____

Martijn & Alexandra________ Netherlands_3/24/2008_____

Mayra & Karim____________ Brazil______3/24/2008_____

Jennifer & Richard_________ Canada____ 3/26/2008_____

Theo & Allison____________ South Africa _3/26/2008_____ 5/30/2008

Jullah & Tim______________ Philippines__3/26/2008_____

W Jam & H Jb_____________ Philippines__3/27/2008_____

Jeniffer & Gary____________ Philippines__ 3/27/2008_____

Svetlana & R.J.____________ Russia_____ 3/28/2008_____ 5/7/2008

Lingwei & Matt___________ Netherlands__ 3/28/2008_____

roger & amy_____________ Canada_____ 3/28/2008_____

simona & Glenn__________ Romania_____3/31/2008_____

Ana & Chris_____________ Colombia____ 3/31/2008_____

name & name____________ Canada_____ 3/31/2008_____

Danielle & Justin__________ Canada____ 3/31/2008_____

Joom & George___________ Thailand____ 3/31/2008_____

Lute & Jessica____________ Thailand____ 3/31/2008_____

Ellen & Eric______________ Belgium_____ 3/31/2008_____

Jennifer & Jack___________ Colombia____ 3/31/2008_____

Salt & Pepper____________ UK_________ 3/31/2008_____

Ana & Jeff_______________ Brazil______ 3/31/2008_____

Laura & William__________ Romania_____3/31/2008_____

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Some other things I worked out about March filers.

Those who got NOA2 from

Mar 21 to April 8 -- Avg days -- 22 (those were mostly mailed in Feb, but seemed to have a long time to NOA1)

April 15 to Apr 30 - Avg days -- 42

May 1 to May 9 --- Avg days -- 55

May 12 to May 16 -- Avg days --60

May 19 to May 30 -- Avg days -- 69

So we're not just imagining it...it's slowing down

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Hmmmmm it does seem that they are working to the order of things though, that big block of approvals is moving closer and closer to you Aleena. This week really is the week. I'm thinking Thursday if not sooner. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

23.03.09 ~ RFE

Kim thanks for your considerations and encouraging words. I guess its pretty cool that Russel's family are coming all that way for the wedding. I have a very small family and so am not used to the big family events at all. It will be nice to have lots of people there who love us and want to wish us well though. Your right, it is just one day and I don't really care what else happens on the day as long as I get into bed next to him as Mrs Dennis at the end of it. I think we are going to do what he wants. I guess I don't want to be upsetting my new family by excluding them from our 'big day', plus we do have a lot of items on our gift list & I reckon people will feel more generous if they know we are giving them a P.A.R.T.Y :dance: LOL Thanks Kim xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

23.03.09 ~ RFE

Hi Bex--

Don't know what to say about the wedding discussion. It's nice a guy actually wants a wedding. Most I've run across just tolerate it because the bride is planning it. He must be so proud of you. Lots of people meet the other side for the first time at their wedding. Nick and I will come for your side. Oh....we're strangers too. :rofl:

If you are really as shy as it sounds and hate the thought of being the center of attention, then I see your side completely. Maybe if the wedding isn't too soon after you arrive, you will have time to adjust to the area and meet a few people before hand. Does he want you to have strangers for bridesmaids? Are any of your mates or cousins or sisters going to be able to come? If you can't take it, tell Alan you might turn into the Runaway Bride. I'm being silly and don't mean to diminish your angst....I really do understand but I don't have a good solution. Family only cermony at a little chapel earlier in the day and big party 8PM-midnight? That way you skip dinner hour and only have to feed people a few light refreshments instead of a big dinner. (I'm always thinking of ways to save money.)

More later...going to video conference with my guy :) He just called.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys!!!

Today I sort of feel better hahaha well I didn't get my NOA2 but I saw that the vermont center got back t work on K1...

So that always bring back the hope feeling that can sometimes keep our mood better ... maybe those hopes crash at the end of the end when we don't get anything.... but at least was one more day that we kept hoping right?

So I was also wondering do you guys thing that sometimes they also work by country??

I don't know I just feel like whne they aprove one visa form Russia always come a crappy of NOA2 for Russia, then UK and there comes again a bunch of NOA's to UK and then Philipinnes and again crappy loads of NOAs to philipinnes....

Well just wondering ...

Nich thanks for the timelines updates hahahaha just like you I am always looking and sneaking around those information... maybe I've been looking too much....

Good luck evebody!!!!

I hope we get a lot of NOA2 aprovalss

[Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office :

Date Filed : 2008-12-02

NOA Date : 2008-12-12

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-01-07

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2009-03-24

Approval Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

CIS Office : Boston MA

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2008-12-02

NOA Date : 2008-12-11

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-01-07

Approved Date : 2009-02-10

Date Card Received : 2009-02-21

Hi, I'm back.

So I was also wondering do you guys thing that sometimes they also work by country??

Interesting question. I sorted my spreadsheet by countries and didn't see any real pattern of approval by country. I'm going to predict yours is Friday the 13th (June 13) So now you can stop worrying so because that's going to be your lucky day.

Now back to weddings. I haven't a clue where/when/how our wedding will take place, but I know we gotta plan something. I'm am the weirdo here, but I guess it's because I'm past that at this point in my life. I really, really do love weddings. In recent years I've done two huge formal wedding for my daughters. I've helped out so many people, it's been suggested that I go into the business of wedding planner. But for myself, I just want to be married and in love and together. I don't even want a ring. I've got lots already and don't want Nick to spend that much money on me. Hmmmm...but I do love diamonds so much....hmmm. hahahaha

(Right now you're all imagining this old broad, with Big Texas hair, and gaudy rings on every finger.) :rofl: Not quite.

Anyway, I also don't plan to change my name. It just seems like it would take forever to change everything and I'm tired of paperwork and forms and phone calls. Call me crazy, but we adore each other so much and that's the only thing I care about now. I just want to get on with the "happily ever after" part of the story. (L)

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.