Ilya R.

We should unite and use our numbers to change the system

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
It has been considered, but I'm a little wary of getting on a plane and chaining myself to the gates of the Whitehouse in a comical costume with a loud speaker in my hand .... as it would lead to 1 of 3 outcomes ..... prison .... newspaper interview following handcuffs .... or shot.

Therefore, I'm going to 'bottle' on that idea, and pen a couple of letters. It's a shame we're not all trying move to the UK, as we could all happily sit on top of the Houses of Parliament and know we'd actually get somewhere :jest:

Personally I'm horrified that my Veteran Husband doesn't get any special treatment. Bush said ealier in the year that military spouses should be looked after as they are the support for those who defend the country, well, I don't see the support while I'm being forced to endure separation from my Husband who's already faught for his country twice ... and will probably have to do it again.

I proudly support my Husband, but it would be nice to get some recognition for it, apart from a special phoneline connection to immigration with very nice and supportive people who still can't just 'pull your file'.

I know there's tons of us on here. Infact, I've read some real horror stories of military spouses being deported etc.

This really 'gets my goat'. Maybe in the military spouses case, Bush should've said that we should only get support if we're actually on US soil :lol:

Wow, I'm really getting fired up while I write this. Good point Ilya R. .... I read on the Ombudsman site that they suggested (back in July/August) to the USCIS to sort the I-130's immediately when they arrive and not waste the money storing them or the extra manpower with delayed inputting ..... you know what the reply from the USCIS was to that ...... no can do!

It's so nice to think that what it all comes down to is money .... from what I can see ..... they think the foreign spouses are a bane to society (maybe it's a case of Americans should marry Americans), whereas those wanting a work visa can pay an extra $1000 for an expedite, and get their families over in a couple of weeks or something.

If they're just concerned about those with fake marriages, they could implement a system of checks during the initial 2 year period. Instead of all this delay at the beginning, they could make us all prove our relationship in 6 month increments. I'd happily go to immigration every 6 months for further interviews with stacks of relationship proof.

And for those with children ..... there should be nothing more checked apart from DNA. I really feel for the families with kids that are separated ..... however, at this rate, I may be too old to be able to have them by the time I actually get there! ... thanks USCIS.

Sorry for the novel .... am just ranting.

Preach! :dance:

-Kip

Edited by KipandSarahJayne

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Did you have any other ideas on what we can do besides just writing letters? i see this forum is sort of a call to action, but no real idea what to do. you can count me in, but i have no ideas myself. if you have one, sign me up!

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

I-130 Sent : 2007-10-29

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-07

I-130 Approved : 2008-06-20

NVC Received :

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-10

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-07-16

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-18

Receive IV Bill :

Pay IV Bill :

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments : look me up on msn spaces!!

mikeleighb@hotmail.com

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 235 days from your filing date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Did you have any other ideas on what we can do besides just writing letters? i see this forum is sort of a call to action, but no real idea what to do. you can count me in, but i have no ideas myself. if you have one, sign me up!

"It appears that our US government collectively including members of Congress and Senators do not really care about uniting U.S. Citizen Families legally. Based on the posted times, processing for “not yet married Fiancé(e)” moves at a faster pace than I-130 (spouse)! Also, a foreign worker on H1-B visa (also dual intent) can bring his / her spouse immediately where as a US citizen is unable to do so. Why are the K-3 visa processing times never posted and why does K-3 visa processing takes so long? Didn’t Congress pass the LIFE ACT to alleviate family separations caused by the wait for immigrant visas? Why can’t the State department issue K-3 immediately once I-130 initial receipt is issued? Can USCIS provide data on how may US Citizen I-130 spouse petitions are filed annually?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yugoslavia
Timeline
To be honest, Im kinda regretting what I did. I have been going in and out of US since I was a kid. I still have a valid tourist visa till next year. And now, since my fiancee filed the K1, I can't travel to see him and he is waiting to get a vacation from work so he could travel and come here. My point here is, I could have done it "the other way" but we chose to take the long route. All my life, Ive always been doing "the right thing". I always follow the rules and Im a law abiding person. I believe in honesty is the best policy. But sometimes, it doesnt mean that you will get fair treatment. I have seen petitions filed after me getting approvals. While my case is....well, still pending. Who knows how long we are going to wait. All we can do is hope and pray that the person looking at our papers is having a great day or is in a good mood.

Sorry guys... Im just missing my fiancee so much. I gave him my speech... the i-love-you-so-much-but-what-if-the-person-looking-at-our-papers-doesn't-want-us-to-be-together? I-want-you-to-be-happy-so-i-will-let-you-go. So he gave me the its-impossible-to-be-happy-if-i-dont-have-you answer. So if there's any consolation to this journey, its me and my fiancee getting closer... and holding on to each other more. Its like watching our love story in a movie...we cant wait whats gonna happen next.

I feel for you!!! Seems like the more you try to do the right thing the more you are penalized. Probably because criminal paperwork is a priority nowdays. Once my horse trailer got vandalized, it took 3 calls to the police and 2 hours just to get a police report for my insurance company. But if I had said that there were drug addicts vandalizing my stuff they would have been right over. I agree that whatever doesn't kill us only makes us stronger but "Good Grief" sometimes things are just not fair.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

no excuse for the long timelines but also remember we on vj are just a small percentage of the total picture asking for visas

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I think there are things that we can do, like get enough people to sign a petition. (I dont think we can change rules over night!) Petition that will make them take a look at that certain law, or the process that the paperwork is being handled. Or a petition with enough voices that can go to newspaper, or a news report. High ranking officials dont like seeing their names being used in negative in any press. That could somehow get some kind of action.

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

When you look at the money we are spending (processing fees and tax dollars) during the immigration process you would think that they could dedicate a person to your case for the 3 days it takes to process. Even with the background checks there is no reason why 3 days (for the majority of applications) wouldn't be enough. Take it right from the mail and do the whole thing in one go. It would result in a lot less errors on their part from not having to move it around to different people and waiting for those people to get up to speed on your case. If its denied or flagged for further background checks then it can go to a secondary processing for those checks or for quality assurance (to make sure the denial wasn't a mistake or just some jerk who hates immigrants) if its approved send it right on to NVC. There is also no reason to repeat the same background checks at the USCIS and the NVC, its just a waste of time.

I figure it will cost around $1000.00 US when all the costs are done and I know the people doing K-1 will pay more then that just for the AoS. Assembly lines don't work because every case is different.

Just my two cents.

- Justin and Masako

"The World is Open. Are You?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

"It appears that our US government collectively including members of Congress and Senators do not really care about uniting U.S. Citizen Families legally. Based on the posted times, processing for “not yet married Fiancé(e)” moves at a faster pace than I-130 (spouse)! Also, a foreign worker on H1-B visa (also dual intent) can bring his / her spouse immediately where as a US citizen is unable to do so. Why are the K-3 visa processing times never posted and why does K-3 visa processing takes so long? Didn’t Congress pass the LIFE ACT to alleviate family separations caused by the wait for immigrant visas? Why can’t the State department issue K-3 immediately once I-130 initial receipt is issued? Can USCIS provide data on how may US Citizen I-130 spouse petitions are filed annually?"

Good quote - where did you get it..

I agree totally with everyone here - in fact I attempted to start a petitiion in another thread and was ignored. I think if we take our issue with enough signatures and evidence to someone like Lou Dobbs - who does a lot of stories on illegal immigration, or John Stossel, who does a lot of stories on the idiocy of government, then I bet we will get some kind of action. Nothing a government official hates more than being ridiculed in public and being told how poorly they operate.

What do you think?

Also Justin and Masako - you are correct - its been reported elsewhere that it literally takes 15 minutes to review and approve a properly written application, and if you've followed all the rules and given them proper evidence, as most of us here on this site have thanks the to great documentation from the VJ folks, our applications should sail through in 15 minutes. The whole issue is scale. Our apps are sitting in a dusty pile until the small staff gets to them, then they only take 15 minutes. If they had a lot more staff - which you'd think they'd be able to hire what with this huge fee increase, then we'd see much much faster times. Wh dont they hire more staff? They do, but probably apply those people to naturalization and more politically charged and visible in the media applications. If we raise up the awareness of our plight in the MSM, then mayb we'll get more action.

Thanks...Chris

THINKfuture Radio Show - http://thinkfuture.com

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

So I called the Judiciary and talked to some guy, He didnt give much info, pretty much pointed fingers at people who are unreachable. The question I had next, is that all we could come up people with who are unhappy with handling of wife visa is like 6 people? Everyone else is satisfied with just waiting?

Im going to put calling conversation plan on paper and call them next week with more preparation. Any comments, suggestions please roll them in.

Edited by Ilya R.

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I agree with Ilya's one point. USCIS should provide visitor visa (B1/B2) while I-130/I-129F is pending. In that way, U.S economy also can be boosted because of the additional spending here. Those bureaucrats don't understand that.

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.