sarahaziz

Yeah Yeah another MENA Visa Question

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Go for CR1. I want the CR1. Maybe I can still get it? :unsure:

Actually you have the time so I'd go for it. You have to file a request to get the I130 forwarded to NVC and I think that costs approx $350 though and takes a few months which imho is ridiculous but since you have the time I would do it.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Go for CR1. I want the CR1. Maybe I can still get it? :unsure:

Actually you have the time so I'd go for it. You have to file a request to get the I130 forwarded to NVC and I think that costs approx $350 though and takes a few months which imho is ridiculous but since you have the time I would do it.

I think I just got my next step. Thx Bridget!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Sooo I called them and they said after the RFE'S were sent back in to them they approved the I-130 and the K3 the same day. She said they are continuing with the I-130 and he will enter as a Permanent Resident in his passport. Ok but she sounded like she was new and she told me I got lucky and the I130 won't take much longer just a month or so to go to Algiers. Now I'm very very very verrrrrry scared. She got my hopes up and I just don't believe her cause people on this board have been in NVC for quite a long time but I do wanna believe her!! Has anyone passed quickly through the NVC? She said I'll be getting my approval papers in the mail and it will say don't call USCIS anymore call NVC then after 2 weeks estimated time the NVC will send papers saying don't call us call Algiers. Was that illegal advice she gave me??? Cause I have a bad feeling :unsure:

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: Timeline
Sooo I called them and they said after the RFE'S were sent back in to them they approved the I-130 and the K3 the same day. She said they are continuing with the I-130 and he will enter as a Permanent Resident in his passport. Ok but she sounded like she was new and she told me I got lucky and the I130 won't take much longer just a month or so to go to Algiers. Now I'm very very very verrrrrry scared. She got my hopes up and I just don't believe her cause people on this board have been in NVC for quite a long time but I do wanna believe her!! Has anyone passed quickly through the NVC? She said I'll be getting my approval papers in the mail and it will say don't call USCIS anymore call NVC then after 2 weeks estimated time the NVC will send papers saying don't call us call Algiers. Was that illegal advice she gave me??? Cause I have a bad feeling :unsure:

Nope.You are looking at a minimum of 4 months at nvc....You have to choose an agent,pay bills wait for instructions.......Its a long long wait at nvc honey...even with the shortcuts 90 days or more...with a k3 to algiers its very fast....You have a ton of stuff to do at nvc...First a case number needs to be assigned...Ive been done at uscis since November and I have submitted a hospital letter and expedite request and I am still at least a month away from case complete and probably 2 to 3 months away from an interview..one month...thats a big hahahahah,,,,no freaking way

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Every case is different. We were in NVC from October 2006 until February 2008, but that doesn't mean that would happen to anyone else. We were the pokies; NVC was actually rushing us. If we had gone thru NVC normally, I would say it wouldn't have taken more than 3 months, using James Shortcuts. As it is, once we started up again, we got 3 RFE's and it still only took 2 months.

CR1, don't settle for less :thumbs:

I sent in everything for both the I-129 and I-130 and I am very greatful that the K-3 was not issused because my I-130 arrived when they where getting ready to stamp the K-3 visa in his passport and the just sent it back and we got an interview date for the Cr-1 and my husband got to come on a Cr-1 and I am so thankful to God for this because he was able to work and everything else. It is in my signature so you can see.

Remember that every case is an individual case and that none are alike. So timelines are estimates and no one can predict if an snags will happen.

In my honest opinion Cr-1 is best but at the time I just wanted him here and that was the bottom line.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ours was at the NVC for 4 months. We had an RFE, so that cost us an additional month. It really depends on how your consulate handles the CR1. Do they handle their own processing? If so it won't stay much longer at the NVC. If the consulate relies on the NVC to process and schedule the CR1 appointments then you do have some time involved.

Although it is true that the K-3 is faster, the CR1 is much better to deal with once they get here. I personally would rather wait a few more months, but my husband was way more impatient than I was.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Timeline
Every case is different. We were in NVC from October 2006 until February 2008, but that doesn't mean that would happen to anyone else. We were the pokies; NVC was actually rushing us. If we had gone thru NVC normally, I would say it wouldn't have taken more than 3 months, using James Shortcuts. As it is, once we started up again, we got 3 RFE's and it still only took 2 months.

I have no idea where you are coming up with 90 days. For someone without a lawyer it can take up to one month for even the case to reach the nvc from USCIS, some people taking 3 weeks some over 6 just to arrive there. Then once you are there , even with short cuts , you have to get the choice of agent which can take several more weeks... to hit 90 days would be very odd and to be honest with you, although I am already done and have all my fee bills paid, I would have much rather had his packet fly through NVC on the way to a K3 appointment which is super fast and easily scheduled in Algiers because it is an extremely low volume consulate.

I have no idea when My I 864 will be finished and looked at and the DS230 looked at and approved but I think most likely from others timelines probably the beginning of April. It will then take 2 weeks to leave NVC and then unless the packages are approved and at the embassies by the 15th of each month, your interview is the FOLLOWING month, so most likely, my husband wont be interviewed until May but probably June. I am already past 90 days and my stuff is boogying through NVC frankly and I am looking at a minimum of another 3 months till his interview and then AP after that. The CR1 is not the choice for someone who wants to be reunited faster... It adds 4 to 5 months on to an already unbearable situation

Does anyone know how to use that crappy NVC line? Everytime I hit 5 to talk with an operator it tells me theyre all busy and to call after 6. Then it transfers me back to the main menu and hangs up on me :angry: Any luck with that machine!!!

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

It's been said before, I'll say it again, every case is different. I can only tell you what it's been like for me.

Our case was transferred from CSC to the NVC on 10/3/06, and the NVC started sending us mail on 10/30/06, less than a month later. We did our Choice of Agent via email, which was acknowledged in 4 days. Our fee bills were all paid by 12/15/06. Even with 3 RFE's, our DS-230 was completed and sent to Casa in less than 2 months. I'm not complaining.

I have no idea where you are coming up with 90 days. For someone without a lawyer it can take up to one month for even the case to reach the nvc from USCIS, some people taking 3 weeks some over 6 just to arrive there. Then once you are there , even with short cuts , you have to get the choice of agent which can take several more weeks... to hit 90 days would be very odd and to be honest with you, although I am already done and have all my fee bills paid, I would have much rather had his packet fly through NVC on the way to a K3 appointment which is super fast and easily scheduled in Algiers because it is an extremely low volume consulate.

I have no idea when My I 864 will be finished and looked at and the DS230 looked at and approved but I think most likely from others timelines probably the beginning of April. It will then take 2 weeks to leave NVC and then unless the packages are approved and at the embassies by the 15th of each month, your interview is the FOLLOWING month, so most likely, my husband wont be interviewed until May but probably June. I am already past 90 days and my stuff is boogying through NVC frankly and I am looking at a minimum of another 3 months till his interview and then AP after that. The CR1 is not the choice for someone who wants to be reunited faster... It adds 4 to 5 months on to an already unbearable situation

Just keep trying. After 6pm does seem to work better, and they are open until midnight.

Does anyone know how to use that crappy NVC line? Everytime I hit 5 to talk with an operator it tells me theyre all busy and to call after 6. Then it transfers me back to the main menu and hangs up on me :angry: Any luck with that machine!!!
Edited by Virtual wife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.