TracyTN

Surreal night

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Your guardian angel was with you both is all I can say after seeing those pictures. I hope that you and Chas are feeling better to today.

Tracy,

I hope you and chas are doing ok...... Mary's right.. you had someone looking out for you....

Hope you both enjoyed the pizza.. that was nice of your boss to do that.. take care xxx

aggy xx :thumbs:

2007-10-23...mailed AOS EAD AP

2007-10-29...finally arrived in chicago

2007-11-02...NOA1 notice date

2007-11-23...the dreaded RFE comes...dated Nov 19th

2007-11-24...returned RFE by USPS

2007-11-29...biometrics in buffalo

2007-11-29...touched

2007-12-18...mailed another copy of RFE, delivery confirmation.. just in case they did'nt get first one

2007-12-29...email stating transfer to CSC woohoo

2008-01-02...AOS touched

2008-01-09...AOS touched..stating transfer and pending at CSC.

2008-01-10...AOS touched

2008-01-11...AOS touched

2008-01-11...EAD touched..stating card production ordered... woohoo.

2008-01-11...AP touched

2008-01-16...AP approved

2008-01-18...EAD touch... stating card production ordered..AGAIN

2008-01-22...EAD touch... stating card sent

2008-01-22...EAD and AP delivered by mailman yeaha....

2008-04-08...Infopass appointment......then by magic... GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED....am i dreaming???

2008-04-14... Received WELCOME TO AMERICA letter

2008-04-15...Received my GREENCARD.... wooohoooo

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE... THANK YOU LORD..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I'm not sure what I said that sounded that way, but no - I'm not that dim.

it was this part "We were doing exactly 70 mph..."

unless i'm on cruise control i never know exactly what speed i'm driving :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I only knew that because I had looked at the speedometer a little bit before we started to hydroplane. I guess it could have varied up or down - likely more down than up though - but that's why I put that. I'm one of those people who wouldn't even need cruise as a feature on the car. I think I've used it three times total in the 2 years I've had the car.

SA4userbar.jpg

Tracy, have only just seen your post. Thank goodness you were both ok, it must have been terrifying.

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

Wow Tracy.... I'm just seeing this.... I echo everyone else's disbelief and warm wished..

*note to self: don't pass a semi when there's enough water on the road to cause hydroplaning*

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

You're right about that note, Jen! But I've probably done that same thing hundreds of times before and never had a problem. It just must have been something else w/ the conditions that night - maybe it was windier than normal, or maybe there was some oil on the road or something? I have no idea. We are just so thankful and lucky that we were not seriously injured.

And at least we got a new (well, new to us!) car out of it as well. :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline
You're right about that note, Jen! But I've probably done that same thing hundreds of times before and never had a problem. It just must have been something else w/ the conditions that night - maybe it was windier than normal, or maybe there was some oil on the road or something? I have no idea. We are just so thankful and lucky that we were not seriously injured.

And at least we got a new (well, new to us!) car out of it as well. :lol:

I assume you guys are all better now?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Yeah, we're much better - thanks. :) We've been silly and haven't gotten piccys yet of our nice new car, though!

Glad you two are dping well! So in lieu of pics, can you tell us what kind of car you got?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad you are both fine.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Yeah, we're much better - thanks. :) We've been silly and haven't gotten piccys yet of our nice new car, though!

Glad you two are dping well! So in lieu of pics, can you tell us what kind of car you got?

Yeah, sorry about that!! We got a 2007 Toyota Camry -- LOVE it!! The payments only went up about $20 a month, and insurance is actually a little lower (despite the old car being 2 years older than this one).

And I think I am going to have to take the bull by the horns and get the pictures of it. Leaving the task with Chas has meant it's not yet gotten done. :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Glad to hear that you both are doing well and congrats on your new car.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Tracy,

I've only just seen this post so I hope that by now you guys are on the road to recovery from your various aches and pains. Those pictures were crazy and I'm very glad to hear that even with the car getting as beat up as that, you guys didn't have any major injuries to deal with.

I don't know if Chas or any other UK members can back me up on this but in my 9 years of driving in the UK, I never felt any of my cars being buffeted around in the wind from a semi to such a degree as I feel while driving almost daily over here in the US. I don't know if it's the design of the trailers or the size of them but the way that the air circulates around semis in the US is much more obvious than I ever remember in the UK. One deign feature that I'd like to see in the US is the mandatory installation of deflectors along the underside of the trailers which won't allow the hood of a car under the trailer unless a huge impact has taken place.

Either way. I'm glad to hear you guys are doing ok and hope that all those insurance payments take care of getting you rolling in a shiny new set of wheels soon.

Mark :)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.