9 posts in this topic

Hi all, Vjer's

my parents are visiting next month and i need to take insurance to cover if any medication arises during their stay.

any idea of any insurances which will cover basic medical coverage like dr visit or medication

thanks

pri

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Hi all, Vjer's

my parents are visiting next month and i need to take insurance to cover if any medication arises during their stay.

any idea of any insurances which will cover basic medical coverage like dr visit or medication

thanks

pri

You can find insurance that will provide coverage for emergencies, but you will likely have to pay for medication/treatments for any pre-existing conditions out of pocket.

Look for travel medical insurance.

Are your parents coming from Canada? If so, they may already be covered with their provincial insurance.

Edited by Dan + Gemvita

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Insurance for entering US? Sounds lame, but not unusual for our wonderful US government. Good luck on your search.

I-130

02-27-2008 - NOA-1

09-25-2008 - Approval Notice Sent!! (received email)

10-02-2008 - Received hard copy NOA 2 via mail[/size]

I-129F

03-03-2008 - Mailed I-129F via USPS next day service

03-04-2008 - I-129F delivered to VSC signed by P Novak at 1:50 pm

03-05-2008 - NOA-1 received in mail on 03-10-2008

09-25-2008 - Approval Notice Sent!! (received email)

10-02-2008 - Received hard copy NOA 2 via mail

NVC

10-06-2008 - Case received assigned case #

10-06-2008 - Case sent to embassy

10-06-2008 - Emailed DS 2032

EMBASSY

Embassy called my wife and set appointment for 10-10-2008 to pick up paperwork.

Appointment set for October 21, 2008 at 12pm

10-20-2008 Interview at 12pm. APPROVED!!PICK UP VISA 10-21-2008 at 3 pm

I-485 AOS

07-21-2009 - Mailed via overnigt. They received 7-22-2009 and rejected the same day.

07-29-2009 - Received rejected I-485 in the mail. (Incorrect fee's)

07-30-2009 - Mailed corrected packet overnight, they received next day 7-31-09

08-03-2009 - Received NOA for I-485 and I-765.

08-10-2009 - Received Biometrics appointment letter. Appt is on 09-02-2009 (DONE) Easy

09-15-2009 - I-765 Approved, Card production ordered

10-20-2009 - I-485 Appt Set

10-20-2009 - APPROVED!! Fast and easy 10-15 min interview.

10-21-2009 - CRIS email. Card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have your parents see about getting out of province travel insurance from their bank back at home. I know that when I was still visiting the US I would purchase travel insurance for a year at a time from the TD Canada Trust. You can also purchase just for a specific trip. The rates were excellent and covered what wouldn't be covered by Provincial insurance.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

They are coming frm India and there they dont have much on the travel insurance so if any1 here have done a local insurance would be a help.

PARENTS JOURNEY

Jan- Recd NOA1

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

I went to www.aig-is.com

They provide different types of insurance for visitors to the US or new immigrants. They do short stay and longstay insurance.

I sent them an email through the site and they were very prompt about getting back to me with quotes.

Married: 08/05/2007

I-130 sent CSC: 08/09/2007

NOA 1: 09/05/2007

NOA 2: 02/19/2008

NVC case number assigned: 03/04/2008

Case complete at NVC: 05/12/2008

Case sent to Consulate: 05/28/2008

Consulate received: 06/03/2008

Interview & Approval: 07/07/2008

Passport with Visa received: 07/11/2008

POE San Francisco: 09/15/2008

recently i saw a ad for Visitors coverage.com any1 used it or have any idea how good they are basically looking fro hassle free

Also tks kezm i have asked AIG for the quote. My parents hv high BP and diabetes so its pre existing condition so need to check if that is covered

Tks

PARENTS JOURNEY

Jan- Recd NOA1

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi all, Vjer's

thanks

pri

You can get med insurance for foreign visitors from this company. Check policies offer through them by Seven Corners. Cost is reasonable.

Hi all, Vjer's

thanks

pri

You can get med insurance for foreign visitors from this company. Check policies offer through them by Seven Corners. Cost is reasonable.

Whoops... here is the link:

http://www.insuremytrip.com/medical-1000-0-0-43.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have not been to Canada, but I just googled Canada Travel Insurance and there are loads of options. hey could start with their Insurance Broker/Travel Agent, Bank etc etc in the UK organsations like Help the Aged provide cover for older travellers.

Usually pre existing conditions are excluded, there may be a very limted market in Canada who will provide coverage, at a cost.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.