BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

You can do the honeymoon later. Instead of having it right after the wedding, you could do it once you get the 10 year green card, that way you celebrate everything at once, and it gives you time to save money ;)

And now I can't concentrate on my work anymore... all I think about is weddings. :wacko:

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh rachel, I thought we would have the least budget... ours would be 1,000-2,000.. honeymoon would just be a weekend in the mountains in NC. :blush: .. and that won't be a civil wedding first, big wedding later.. that will be our BIG DAY really... renewal of vows will probably be 5years after.

Can you all imagine how we started talking about weddings january or february and here we are, wedding is becoming realized for some of the January filers and it is also inevitably getting nearer for most of us... :star:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline
Can you all imagine how we started talking about weddings january or february and here we are, wedding is becoming realized for some of the January filers and it is also inevitably getting nearer for most of us... :star:

Yes, time really goes fast. Even though the wait can be hard sometimes, we are all almost at the end of our K1 journey. Soon, we will all be with our loved ones, and married!

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

The honeymoon is unfortunately not so much a question of money as Alex not being able to have any time off work. He only has 10 days off a year, and they make him book a year in advance, so when he originally thought that the wedding might be in October he booked a week off then. He also had a week off at Easter, so that is all of his holiday time used up!

Cecile, I shall definitely have a later honeymoon, although I'm not sure if I'd be able to wait until I had my ten year greencard!

dbears - I know! Yet it still feels very far away! Maybe once I've had my interview it will feel closer. :) I'm still not entirely sure what will happen, whether I'll be able to ship all of my belongings yet or whether I'll have to keep things in storage at my parents'. I'm considering moving out of my current house early (as my housemate's boyfriend is now a permanent guest, yet my bills haven't gone down :P ) and living more cheaply with another friend (it'd have to be out of my suitcase as she has no space for any of my things).

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

When do you plan to have the wedding? October is very feasible for you already right? how about oct 3 so we would have the same wedding date?

Yes Cez, only a few months more to go and we will be with our love ones and married:)..

we could go now since we have the visa already but waiting till september means HUGE savings on airfare so we thought, what is a few months more.... we have waited almost 3years to be together for good, I guess 2+ months won't make much difference... except on the savings :thumbs:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

December 27th! October is feasible - for Alex and me, that is. Not for our family/guests, though. They'd prefer to come at Christmas and I believe my dad is already in the process of booking a place to stay. I may very well fly out on the 2nd or 3rd of October, however.

And yes - flight prices drop dramatically once September comes around!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I've heard that transcripts are required for Vancouver...but at the speed that the IRS works, I'm not sure how quickly I can get them. I'll send at least the W-2s and if the transcript comes in time I'll send both...I haven't ordered it yet, though.

Bryan received his transcripts from the IRS less than a week after he ordered them. I believe they had told him it would take 2 to 4 weeks.

Oh! Good to know :D Did he call, email or write to request them? Was there a fee involved?

He called them, spent 40 minutes on the phone waiting and then asked for the tax transcripts. I don't think there was a fee involved.

Hey everyone yup I hope to see an approval this week or next too haha! Sure would brighten things up! Interview went good today so fingers crossed there as well! Would be a challenge which I need!

That park looks gorgeous! Ok for my wedding links........seriously one of my faves is Martha haha...

Martha Stewart Weddings

It is kind of hard to search etc but believe me wealth of ideas! I also suggest just going to librarys and getting bridal magazines from there for inspiration! She had teh cutest ideas for Wedding in the Park etc in one of her mags so hopefully she has the pics online...if you cannot find I shall search out! Basically they had it catered but it was all in brown paper bags and then they spread blankets everywhere for people to sit upon picnic style etc...it was really cute looking!

We are doing ours for under 5,000 (fingers crossed!) as we def don't have the money to go all out! I am having family be the photographers and making a lot of our own things including centerpieces, appetizers, favors, etc...basically we are paying for catering meal, the location, and dj! So we are really hoping to stay well under our budget! Oh our friend is marrying us too!

Thanks for the link!

Right now I'm trying to decide if I should buy a veil or try to make one myself. it doesn't look very hard but I'm not sure if I can do it... Does anyone have tips about it? (and I'm going to look at the Martha Stewart, i'm pretty sure there must be something about how to make your own veil there!)

I'm (well, "We") also going to try to spend less than $5,000, and I'm just happy that it is going to be a good occasion to make lots of things myself :) that should keep me busy once I arrive to the US and I can't work ;)

I have heard they are really easy! Also they have them at craft stores here for under 20 bucks! Saw them at Hobby Lobby and a place called Joanns this past weekend in fact!

HI everyone wellll not sure if this will do anything for us or not but called USCIS today and got a really nice lady on phone! I told her how we had our wedding planned for September and how people in my online support group were already getting approved so just wanted to know if mine was even being looked at yet etc....so she took all my info including phone, addy, and email and even gave me a reference number (?) she said she was sending an email of inquiry or something to find out more about our case for me......

Soooo you think she was feeding me a line or you think this lady honestly will get in contact with whoever has our case sat upon their desk?! I cannot help but be excited but Gareth warned me not to which I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too high.....

I just want to see my mannnnn over a year is WAY too long :(

She took your phone and email and everything? I don't know much how USCIS works (well, nobody does), but this sounds very good to me. I remember someone saying that he got an personal email from the person he talked to at USCIS telling him that his case was approved. This is much better than people who only get the "you should call back in 3 months" line...

Of course, Gareth is right, you shouldn't get your hopes too high, but still, I believe this is a good thing :)

Oh gosh I so hope you are right about this!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I just want our approval darn it haha! Oh and transcripts are free but I couldn't get through last night darn it it told me to call back LMAO!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Count me in with the 'budget is under $5,000' people. Well, actually ours is more like $1,000. And we can't have a honeymoon. :(

Don't worry, you still have a higher budget than we do :lol:

It is funny, I just checked the link to see what people spend on average in Michelle's area and it is between $15,033 - $45,099 :lol: guess we're gonna be the cheapo's in that... All we spend is basically 2 rings (which I buy over here since I know a less costly place hehe), the stuff for the wedding itself (such as the permission, weddingcertificates, some guy who leads the ceremony), probably some meat for the BBQ (if the people there don't throw that for us already, I kinda think they might lol) and that is about it.

There will be hardly any family or friends attending the wedding. Maybe her mother and some other relatives which live on the same island but more, nah, I doubt it... We're really gonna keep it small as it is just for us to be together and have the paper. A big wedding will be thrown in a couple of years (probably when we have the 10 year greencard so we can do a nice and decent honeymoon too and so we can pick a nice and decent date too (like oct 10 or oct 20, 2010 haha)), my family will also be invited by then (that is gonna cost me a LOT, I'll have to pay for that if lol).

I'd be surprised if we go a lot over $500 - $750 :lol:

On a different note, my SO called the NVC yesterday to see if they have received our stuff yet and unlikely to the stories which you read everywhere on this forum, my SO actually had a very busy sounding lady who didn't sound so nice and didn't want to spend too much time on it. See was obviously bothered by Michelle calling her :( Anyways, she told Michelle that we will have to wait 2 to 4 weeks until they receive it, the maximum should be 90 days. She wont have to call as they will send us the papers and stuff. Bleh... weirdlo's... oh wellz, Michelle is gonna call again at the end of the week :devil:

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Count me in with the 'budget is under $5,000' people. Well, actually ours is more like $1,000. And we can't have a honeymoon. :(

Don't worry, you still have a higher budget than we do :lol:

It is funny, I just checked the link to see what people spend on average in Michelle's area and it is between $15,033 - $45,099 :lol: guess we're gonna be the cheapo's in that... All we spend is basically 2 rings (which I buy over here since I know a less costly place hehe), the stuff for the wedding itself (such as the permission, weddingcertificates, some guy who leads the ceremony), probably some meat for the BBQ (if the people there don't throw that for us already, I kinda think they might lol) and that is about it.

There will be hardly any family or friends attending the wedding. Maybe her mother and some other relatives which live on the same island but more, nah, I doubt it... We're really gonna keep it small as it is just for us to be together and have the paper. A big wedding will be thrown in a couple of years (probably when we have the 10 year greencard so we can do a nice and decent honeymoon too and so we can pick a nice and decent date too (like oct 10 or oct 20, 2010 haha)), my family will also be invited by then (that is gonna cost me a LOT, I'll have to pay for that if lol).

I'd be surprised if we go a lot over $500 - $750 :lol:

On a different note, my SO called the NVC yesterday to see if they have received our stuff yet and unlikely to the stories which you read everywhere on this forum, my SO actually had a very busy sounding lady who didn't sound so nice and didn't want to spend too much time on it. See was obviously bothered by Michelle calling her :( Anyways, she told Michelle that we will have to wait 2 to 4 weeks until they receive it, the maximum should be 90 days. She wont have to call as they will send us the papers and stuff. Bleh... weirdlo's... oh wellz, Michelle is gonna call again at the end of the week :devil:

Yeah she can always hang up if she gets same lady :whistle: hahaha

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline

:( I hope she'll be luckier next time she calls.

When Bryan called the NVC, he waited on the phone for a very long time and no-one ever answered, so instead he sent them an email. We got an answer 2 weeks later.

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good Morning All!

It's great having access again during the day - although unfortunately I will not be able to live on the site like I used to. Too much work and all.

Anyway Rachel, I've actually read that it's actually a good idea not to have the honeymoon right after the wedding, but rather at some point later. So much of the focus of the wedding week is placed on the wedding, and certainly by the time the blessed event comes around everyone is probably a little exhausted and frazzled. For these reasons the honeymoon often falls short of the "romantic" expectations and become more of an occasion for sleeping and recouperating rather than on getting the full enjoyment of starting a life off together (it's no longer about introducing one's partner to the joys of :devil: is it now.... :D ). So don't fret if you can't take a "moon" right away, because when you and Alex do so, you will be well rested and ready to have a wonderful time!

Personally, I think the huge mega weddings that cost $30- $45k are kinda rediculous and not about the importance of making a committment to one another - at that level it's more about keeping up with the Jones' rather than making a committment before God and family. Just me though.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Gooooooo Sunny.........

Making friends at the CSC - a new approach that just might work. It's time.... Positive Energy is now focused on you!!

This is your week. :thumbs:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Sunny, it's refreshing to me that you got someone helpful at the uscis! I do hope it means something for you soon!

Russell and I have spent in excess of $65,000 in travelling the world over the last 3 years (not to mention 2 years of lost wages which would more than quadruple that figure) so we're not planning a big to-do either. I've kind of had it with the 'hub-bub' anyway and really am looking forward to some normalcy and peace. We even talked to his family about flying up in the spring (when flights from NZ are much cheaper) instead of right away for a more formal ceremony and they agreed! Big stress off of us! We're still not sure what we'll do for our first ceremony but we've got a few days planned alone in Boston upon his arrival. ;) We always saw ourselves on the beach at sunset for our vows so we'll probably fine a nice place to spend the night and get married soon after his arrival. The kids want to be involved and i'm sure some other close friends and/or family might want to come too but we're keeping it low key and low budget! There will be no honeymoon for now because we've already had several! :lol: No regrets..we've had GREAT time. But honestly, i'm so damn sick of travelling! The 10 year green card honeymoon sounds like a fabulous idea though! ;) I guess because there is so much other drama I just dont want a big deal for our vows... I also think that psychologically, and very much like a child :lol:, I almost resent that my government is giving me a deadline to marry! And that after making us wait so long to be together! In the spring I think we'll be more prepared and willing to have a big party and to share our vows with a couple hundred people. I think I will look forward to planning and preparing for that after he is here and we are situated back into our day to day! It will give his family time to miss him again as well! :lol:

However, we will NOT be spending no $25,000 on that day! That's an addition to our home! :lol: Don't get me wrong.. I did the big expensive wedding thing 17 years ago and it was lovely but in hindsight it would have been much easier to build our first home with those funds! :lol: And that $2,000 dress that I just had to have is still sitting in my basement doing nothing. :lol: All comes down to what you want. I'm lucky this time that it's very clear to me.

I think in the end what's most important is that you do what the two of you want. Whether it's a few words in front of a stranger in the courthouse in your jeans or a ceremony in full dress with hundreds of people there suporting you. What's most important is what that day symbolizes for the two of you.

How your love grows after that day has nothing to do with the way you did it or how much money you spent.

timeline.jpg

Timeline

Kim, I agree with everything you said :thumbs:

Good Morning All!

Personally, I think the huge mega weddings that cost $30- $45k are kinda rediculous and not about the importance of making a committment to one another - at that level it's more about keeping up with the Jones' rather than making a committment before God and family. Just me though.

Good morning Blake! it's good to see you again.

Actually, I was wondering how people can spend that much on a wedding. I mean, unless there are some plane tickets involved, or the location is in a very highly expensive castle (or something on these lines), what can make the budget so high?

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Welcome back Blake! I (we) miss you! Okay, I know you posted yesterday, but you've still not been online as often. ;)

Anyway Rachel, I've actually read that it's actually a good idea not to have the honeymoon right after the wedding, but rather at some point later. So much of the focus of the wedding week is placed on the wedding, and certainly by the time the blessed event comes around everyone is probably a little exhausted and frazzled. For these reasons the honeymoon often falls short of the "romantic" expectations and become more of an occasion for sleeping and recouperating rather than on getting the full enjoyment of starting a life off together (it's no longer about introducing one's partner to the joys of devil.gif is it now.... biggrin.gif ). So don't fret if you can't take a "moon" right away, because when you and Alex do so, you will be well rested and ready to have a wonderful time!

Very true!

Plus my family will still be in the area for a week after the wedding, so I can spend more time with them, instead. Not to mention I am sure there will be parties or dinners to attend (Alex's grandpa's birthday is on the 31st December and his dad's is 1st January).

Kim, I agree with everything you said :thumbs:

Good Morning All!

Good morning Blake! it's good to see you again.

Actually, I was wondering how people can spend that much on a wedding. I mean, unless there are some plane tickets involved, or the location is in a very highly expensive castle (or something on these lines), what can make the budget so high?

I, too, agree with Kim, and with Blake. :thumbs:

I think it is part keeping up with the Joneses, part brainwashing by the media, and part pressure by family/friends. It's not always what the couple themselves want but what they feel they're expected to have, or sometimes they may fall in love with a venue/dress/etc. that's more expensive than they had expected.

Cecile - I guess these things just build up! And don't forget that vendors themselves are also cashing in on the wedding business and automatically hike up their costs as soon as they hear that magic word. A small community hall can cost $1,000 easily - go for a larger venue with hired waiters/cleaners and that can reach several thousand. My dad recently rented large sea-front room with a bar attached for his 50th birthday; I believe he paid £900 ($1,800). A guest fell in love with the venue and asked about having a wedding reception there - and they quoted her £5,000 ($10,000)! Many weddings have between 150-300 guests - at, say, $40 a head the food alone can come to $12,000. Cakes cost several hundred. A photographer a couple of thousand. Flowers can cost a couple of thousand too depending on what type you have and how elaborate the arrangements are. Unfortunately it's all too easy to see how the expenses mount up. :wacko:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.