his_sunshine

NVC Case Number

15 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Our case was approved last January 17, 2008. It's now February 28 and we still do not have our NVC Case number. I have tried calling their hotline and follow the instructions (i.e. enter USCIS Receipt number) but I always get the message saying that they do not understand what I entered. I tried doing this several times to no avail. I also tried getting the operator but it's always busy and I always get reverted back to the machine.

1. Is it normal for the NVC number to take more than 1 month to be processed?

2. We have a lawyer representing us, will the notification from NVC be mailed to my husband? Or will it be mailed to our lawyer only? Or both of us?

3. What is the next process after receiving our NVC number? Keeping in mind we have a lawyer to represent us.

Thank you so much to whoever will reply.

Sunshine

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

When you call NVC work your way to an operator, or you can also email NVC for information, email is how we got DOS case number.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

1) Yes it can take 2-4 weeks for USCIS to send the petition to NVC, and then a few weeks more for NVC to process, IR-1/CR-1 takes longer than K-Visas at NVC

2) Typically info gets sent to lawyer.

3) NVC will send out a packet that needs filling out and items need to be sent back to them, lately it has been marriage cert, police cert, I-864 etc..

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

AD1. Sometimes it is possible . Try to call early morning either at 7.30 a.m or 11.30 p.m EST to talk with live operator.

For the res question someone will answer better than me

Good luck with your process

When you call NVC work your way to an operator, or you can also email NVC for information, email is how we got DOS case number.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

1) Yes it can take 2-4 weeks for USCIS to send the petition to NVC, and then a few weeks more for NVC to process, IR-1/CR-1 takes longer than K-Visas at NVC

2) Typically info gets sent to lawyer.

3) NVC will send out a packet that needs filling out and items need to be sent back to them, lately it has been marriage cert, police cert, I-864 etc..

Thank you, I did send them an email, too, last Friday, and no response yet. I guess i'll just start preparing the docs, instead. The thing is i'm getting a wee bit impatient.

AD1. Sometimes it is possible . Try to call early morning either at 7.30 a.m or 11.30 p.m EST to talk with live operator.

For the res question someone will answer better than me

Good luck with your process

Thank you for that. :)

Hi,

I am sure you are entering all the info correctly, but just to double check, are entering the number without the three letter prefix?

Hey,

Yes, entered only the 10 digits as per instruction, because there was an option before that where you will choose the letters (i.e. WAC, etc.).

Oh well, I guess there's nothing else to do but wait (again). Thanks for posting.

Sunshine

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hey, I call NVC every day to check if they get our documents form USCIS and nothing yet. Make sure to press # key after ten digits!!! I forgot once and they said they don't understand what I've entered, later I did press # and they only said they don't have any record on our case number :) Hope it helps.

Hi All,

Our case was approved last January 17, 2008. It's now February 28 and we still do not have our NVC Case number. I have tried calling their hotline and follow the instructions (i.e. enter USCIS Receipt number) but I always get the message saying that they do not understand what I entered. I tried doing this several times to no avail. I also tried getting the operator but it's always busy and I always get reverted back to the machine.

2. We have a lawyer representing us, will the notification from NVC be mailed to my husband? Or will it be mailed to our lawyer only? Or both of us?

3. What is the next process after receiving our NVC number? Keeping in mind we have a lawyer to represent us.

Thank you so much to whoever will reply.

Sunshine

Call NVC and talk with an operator live to find out, if they have your file from USCIS.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Hi all,

NVC finally replied to our email giving us our case number, YEY! They said in the email that they have forwarded the packet to our attorney.

Thank you all for all your replies. :)

Sunshine

Hi all,

NVC finally replied to our email giving us our case number, YEY! They said in the email that they have forwarded the packet to our attorney.

Sunshine

i suggest while waiting prepare the necessary docs like the i864 requirements ( tax transcripts from IRS usually mailed from 2-4weeks to save time), paystubs, certificate of employment, 2x2 picture ( 4pcs. at least ), birth certificate, marriage contract, nbi and police clearance so that when u get the forms all things are set and all u need to do is pay and sign upon receiving forms. so it wont delay your timeline. take it from me.. its a good thing inspite me having a lawyer, we are still consulting visajourney and this threads here are very helpful.

goodluck and godbless us all in our journey.

Hi all,

Sunshine

i suggest while waiting prepare the necessary docs like the i864 requirements ( tax transcripts from IRS usually mailed from 2-4weeks to save time), paystubs, certificate of employment, 2x2 picture ( 4pcs. at least ), birth certificate, marriage contract, nbi and police clearance so that when u get the forms all things are set and all u need to do is pay and sign upon receiving forms. so it wont delay your timeline. take it from me.. its a good thing inspite me having a lawyer, we are still consulting visajourney and this threads here are very helpful.

addition i always call NVC at least twice a week for update using the touch tone You may contact NVC at (603) 334-0700 dial 1,1,1 until it prompts u to your old USCIS case no for example in my case WAC (4) then i dial my 10digit no then press the # and then 1 if its correct, the touch tone operator will give u feedback or updates for your inquiry..

Hi all,

Sunshine

Hi, thank you. I'm going to do exactly this. I'm starting to gather my documents now. =) The did forward the packet containing IV processing fee bill and AOS processing fee bill. I suppose we need to pay those first before the forms will be generated.

Your advise is very helpful, thanks.

Sunshine

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hi all,

Sunshine

Do we need TAX TRANSCRIPTS? I thought 3 year W2's and 3 paystubs etc would be enough?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hi all,

Sunshine

Do we need TAX TRANSCRIPTS? I thought 3 year W2's and 3 paystubs etc would be enough?

WHat is 'nbi' .............sory for all the questions. I just got my I-130 approved so I am trying to be as proactive as possible. If someone can outlien any other shortcuts or common mistakes duringteh NVC process, I would greatly appreciate it (or point to any other links)

THANKS!!!!!!

Hi all,

Sunshine

WHat is 'nbi' .............sory for all the questions. I just got my I-130 approved so I am trying to be as proactive as possible. If someone can outlien any other shortcuts or common mistakes duringteh NVC process, I would greatly appreciate it (or point to any other links)

THANKS!!!!!!

yeah correct but for if your going to ask my opinion i prefer having complete docs. to be sure. ;) NBI clearance is for Filipino citizens for police clearance ;)

sorry about that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.