The Robinsons

Lawsuit against USCIS

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm just curious to know if anyone else read the USA TODAY article on people sueing USCIS because of the long delay for citizenship? I can't say I blame them.

Does anyone know of people sueing for the long delays to get conditions removed? And have anyone had any luck getting their senators involved?

Thanks

Dec 19, 2006 - Married at the city hall in Denmark

Jan 05, 2007 - Filed I-130 at the US embassy in Copenhagen (Approved)

Jan 30, 2007 - Received e-mail from embassy, I-130 has to be re-approved in London, we both need to file G-325A

Jan 31, 2007 - G-325A sent to US embassy in Copenhagen

Feb 15, 2007 - OP-169, DS 230 I & II, I-864 sent to US embassy in Copenhagen

Feb 27, 2007 - US embassy Copenhagen, I-130 re-approved and back

Mar 03, 2007 - Receive packet 4 - interview date April 12th

Mar 06, 2007 - Call from embassy - interview date is now on March 8th

Mar 08, 2007 - Interview at embassy - Visa approved IF medical report is all clear

Mar 14, 2007 - Medical exam

Apr 07, 2007 - Visa packet received

Apr 17, 2007 - POE Newark Intl. Airport

Apr 23, 2007 - USCIS refuse to change my mailing address

May 07, 2007 - Re-file for SSN

May 10, 2007 - USCIS receive visa packet from Newark

May 11, 2007 - Gets SSN

May 19, 2007 - Receive SS card

Jul 10, 2007 - Receive letter from TSC: greencard returned by post office - will re-send (duh!!!)

Sep 17, 2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

Feb 01, 2008 - Gets NC License - DMV will only issues it until Apr 17 08 (expiration date on entry visa in passport) since greencard not in hand

Mar 06, 2008 - After 10 months and some change GC FINALLY in hand!!

Apr 17 - Present: USCIS has managed to switch my case # with some else, send my greencard to the wrong address and had to make 3 - yes 3 - service requests on sending out my card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I'm just curious to know if anyone else read the USA TODAY article on people sueing USCIS because of the long delay for citizenship? I can't say I blame them.

Does anyone know of people sueing for the long delays to get conditions removed? And have anyone had any luck getting their senators involved?

Thanks

I just found the article Immigrants sue to speed citizenship applications and was not surprised but still annoyed by the over 500 (mostly ignorant) reader comments that followed the story...I guess it's a sad commentary on the USA Today readership....or maybe the popular in general (?).

I've seen that folks (here) have contacted their Senators but it does not appear that it is much help, which surprises me. As someone who was in a position working for Fed, that dealt with Senator's & Congressman's offices, I know those issues ALWAYS got results.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thanks

I just found the article Immigrants sue to speed citizenship applications and was not surprised but still annoyed by the over 500 (mostly ignorant) reader comments that followed the story...I guess it's a sad commentary on the USA Today readership....or maybe the popular in general (?).

I've seen that folks (here) have contacted their Senators but it does not appear that it is much help, which surprises me. As someone who was in a position working for Fed, that dealt with Senator's & Congressman's offices, I know those issues ALWAYS got results.

That's the crux of the issue....they aren't much help in cases like this IMHO. They can, and have, initiated a look into cases...ours did for us when my husband's AOS was beyond the normal processing time but was only able to tell us we were stuck in FBI namecheck. We were informed that there was nothing else he could do on the matter. IMHO I think there are SO MANY cases that have been filed lately that trying to speed up or investigate a few just isn't worth their time right now. I just wonder if a class action lawsuit really would do any good. They take forever to be processed...the ROC and/or Citizenship would be obtained by the time the lawsuit is finished and settled.

Just my opinion though... :(

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

The citizens of the US are as dumb as dirt.

Unidos en los E.U. y estamos muy felices.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I beg to differ with you. I am a US Citizen and I am very intelligent. Generalized judgments such as this will only serve to show one's own immaturity.

I assume you are here because you are engaged/married to a US Citizen?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Timeline

Now that's classy.... NOT.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I beg to differ with you. I am a US Citizen and I am very intelligent. Generalized judgments such as this will only serve to show one's own immaturity.

You won't get to much approval from most of us with that fantastic idea to go ahead and waist another $600 filling N-400. Aren't you just feed up submitting all these applications and having to wait years to be processed ?

I said it before only a lawsuit will wake them up.

I feel that we're dealing with a bunch of retards that think is ok to just drag this BS for years and years

As for being a US Citizen ….good for you !!!!!!

I'm just curious to know if anyone else read the USA TODAY article on people sueing USCIS because of the long delay for citizenship? (...) Does anyone know of people sueing for the long delays to get conditions removed?

I want my conditions removed, but I would agree that the citizenship application should receive absolute priority before a reasonable date before the general elections. To delay those applications smells like voter disenfranchisment.

But, aren't the naturalization papers processed by the disctrict offices, and not at service centers? So, unless USCIS has fired several of their agents, I fail to see how they are so backlogged on all fronts. Even with the increased number of applications, how come several of these offices seem to have come to a screeching halt?

Certainly, this does not exlain the NSC processing times for I-761s. Chicago, where naturalization would be processed for us (should we have a mind to do that) is processing July 2007. Seems reasonable to say that naturalization of folks in Illinois is not affecting removal of conditions of IL residents.

I am starting to think that USCIS is many times more inefficient than the government agencies of the so-called third-world countries!!

Removal of Conditions - Nebraska Service Center

2/23/07 I-751 Notice date

3/23/07 NOA received (typo in name)

3/29/07 Biometric appointment received. Requested rescheduling

4/05/07 Second biometrics appointment received

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/19/07 Case status updated

2/23/08 Petition Congressman - no additional info.

3/03/08 Infopass in Chicago (12-mo extension)

3/19/08 Petition Senator's office

4/01/08 Case transferred - to an unspecified "USCIS office" (e-mail)

4/12/08 Letter - transferred to CSC on 3/27/2008. (typo in name)

4/22/08 Current Status: Card production ordered

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

4/26/08 Card arrives (with typo in name)

4/28/08 Card sent back via registered post (mistake to use Reg Post!)

5/05/08 Package delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA

10/02/08 Corrected 10-yr card issued

I-485

03/10/05 AOS interview in Chicago. Conditional PR (2-yr).

03/17/05 CPR card arrives in the mail

AOS thru Chicago DO (from non-immigrant visa category)

7/08/04 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

7/20/04 Fingerprints/biometrics completed.

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

I am a US citizen and believe me, I know all too well what idiots my countrymen are. How else would you explain the USCIS? A long time ago it was H.L. Mencken who said, ""No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

I am a US citizen and believe me, I know all too well what idiots my countrymen are. How else would you explain the USCIS? A long time ago it was H.L. Mencken who said, ""No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

How dumb are US citizens? How many times have you heard the "she is only coming for a green card statement"? Last week I actually had someone say to me, "I have never talked to someone who is going to be "boinking" a girl from Uzbekistan". I was and am speechless. If anyone comes away from the K1 or whatever visa operation without a very jaded view of the american public--you are either extremely lucky or blind.

US citizens would prefer that someone else do our thinking for us so we can just spew vitriole back out. That is what I read at the US Today article--no thinking, just spewing. Great.....

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm sorry to say, but only idiots and dumwits make sweeping generalizations like this.

"I'm sorry to say, but only idiots and dumwits make sweeping generalizations like this."

Well, I am a US citizen so I guess I fit the description.

Most, not all (I wonder how many of the 'intelligent U.S. citizens know for a fact that the mess in the Middle East is entirely our fault and it started in 1953).

Another case in point: the paranoia since 9-11 and the fact that we have allowed our government to usurp so many freedoms in the name of 'security' and 'protecting the people.' Illegal wiretaps, detention in secret facilities with no charges and no right of habeas corpus. Invasions of sovereign countries to plunder resources.

One of the pleasures now of travelling overseas is the fact that I don't get treated like a criminal automatically in every foreign country I visit. No customs forms, no random harassment of my self or my belongings, I can carry lighters, large bottles of drinks, etc. on planes, etc. and no bullshit accusations of 'Why were you over there, Mr J?'

For God's sakes it was an hour of grilling, etc. just to bring my freaking stepdaughter through immigration at the POE last week into the U.S. What kind of threat does a little girl pose to the United States?

I was greatly ashamed and embarassed for her.

Edited by surasak_oregon

You're right, Surasak_oregon. Maybe the simple minded US citizens would do well to remember what Ben Franklin said, "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Of course I am sure that our patriot ancestors are rolling over in their graves to see what a travesty the nation they founded has become.

We are truly living in an Orwellian world when a law that violates our constitutional rights is labeled the "Protect America Act". I despise these fascists far more than any of Osama's terrorists.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.