United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! I wouldn't want 7 kids at age 40! ####### she is 16!!! When I first saw this and saw you posted it was I thought it would be from England and I was like frickin chavs

I had the same thought. I guess it comes from the years working in the Housing Benefit department in a chav-filled area.

Real love stories never have endings...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
No offense, but have you been around many 14 year olds lately? It's more common than you would think, especially in places like Indianapolis. It's one way to "support yourself" when you have no home, no job, no future.

Anyway, she lives in an area that is primarily agricultural. Marriage and childbirth aren't *that* unusual for that age, I wouldn't think. Being unmarried and on "welfare", however, seems to be unusual.

I understand that she shares some of the responsibility, unless she was raped. But, IMO, 14 yr. olds lack the capacity to fully fathom decisions they make which is why we don't consider them adults. In any case, it's tragic and I'd speculate there's a lot more to the story beyond the sensational bits.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
No offense, but have you been around many 14 year olds lately? It's more common than you would think, especially in places like Indianapolis. It's one way to "support yourself" when you have no home, no job, no future.

Anyway, she lives in an area that is primarily agricultural. Marriage and childbirth aren't *that* unusual for that age, I wouldn't think. Being unmarried and on "welfare", however, seems to be unusual.

I understand that she shares some of the responsibility, unless she was raped. But, IMO, 14 yr. olds lack the capacity to fully fathom decisions they make which is why we don't consider them adults. In any case, it's tragic and I'd speculate there's a lot more to the story beyond the sensational bits.

I think that a 14 year old in this country has a different maturity level than a 14 year old in another country. In Guyana, my home, we graduated from high school at 16 and began our "young adult" lives. We weren't nearly as immature or protected as children are here in the States. And amazingly (at the time anyway) we also weren't nearly as irresponsible. It really depends on the culture whether or not the age is appropriate for making those types of decisions. There really isn't much to the story here and very very odd that they mention her "promiscuity" but not whether or not the children all have the same father. Apparently the story was intended to be incomplete.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

OMG! I wouldn't want 7 kids at age 40! ####### she is 16!!! When I first saw this and saw you posted it was I thought it would be from England and I was like frickin chavs

I had the same thought. I guess it comes from the years working in the Housing Benefit department in a chav-filled area.

Oh the happy memories, girls with their hair scraped back in ponytails (I believe that style is known as the "Croydon Facelift"), hoop earrings at least 12 inches in diameter, 20 Sovereign fags in their pocket, a loyalty card for Iceland, and a fake Burberry scarf draped around their hickey filled necks....

Hmm...I wonder if this girl lives in a house with no TV or radio. Because I remembered when I asked my Grandpa why he had 12 kids, he said back then he had no TV or radio. I didn't understand that, but now as an adult I know what he meant. I guess he didn't have something to make him busy enough other than making babies :rolleyes:

-G-

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

...wow, interesting!

:blush::blush: ...probably should keep this to myself, but i am SO jealous!! lol...i haven't tried for a baby yet, but i have a dream of having a dozen! lol...it would be absolutely amazing if i could have 4 sets of triplets! haha... :D

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...