j&js

Irish in the US

237 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thats great news,hopefully he wll get the interview soon. The interview in dublin is a breeze. Just make sure you have all the correct information.

Oct 27th is my birthday :P

I know how you feel-I swore that my man would have had this visa MONTHS ago-boy was I wrong :wacko:

You guys should be ok-once they get the info-they move quickly. The best thing you can do, is have all the paperwork ready to send back in when you get packet #3. Once we did that-it moved pretty quickly(well we had a few bumps along the way, but our case was a little complicated). They are sound at the embassy, you could always ask to get in as soon as possible-once they have your paperwork, they may be able to get you in straight away(explain about your wedding-it certainly can't hurt).

Let me know when they get your paperwork.

It's really good to see so many Irish on here lately (F)

Take care

Colleen

My fiancee got a letter saying that they sent the package to the embassy on the 21st, which was really quick, considering they recieved it on the 15th. I already have my paperwork ready as I recieved packet #3 a while ago when the embassy had my petition the first time (thank you IMBRA), so maybe this will be a quick enough process....

Thanks for your help!

I-751 - Removal of conditions

10-20-2008 - Sent package via usps - overnite mail

10-22-2008 - Package received and signed.

10-28-2008 - Cheque cashed

12-02-2008 - Biometrics in Boston

10-03-2009 - Transferred to CSV

10-04-2009 - 10 year GC on the way

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

We booked our trip back to ireland for the christimas holidays. There were cheaper deals outhtere but my wife feels comfortable with aer lingus. Going on the 16th till the 27th and we cannot wait. Havent told my family yet and we wont until i get my EAD in a few weeks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
We booked our trip back to ireland for the christimas holidays. There were cheaper deals outhtere but my wife feels comfortable with aer lingus. Going on the 16th till the 27th and we cannot wait. Havent told my family yet and we wont until i get my EAD in a few weeks.

that's great.................have a safe trip! I usually travel with US Air-I got a round trip ticket last New Year's for $350.00

I wanted to go over to see Gav's family for Christmas, but with him coming here in October-we will just have to wait til Spring.

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

We got a letter saying my my petition had been sent to the Dublin embassy on the 18th, however the embassy have not yet recieved it. 12 days later.

NVC don't know why, the embassy doesn't know why.

This is not helping my nerves....sniff.

09/14/06 - Moved to Boston on K1 Visa

10/27/06 - Married in Boston!

11/05/06 - Mailed AOD and EAD packages to Chicago

11/11/06 - NOA1

11/29/06 - I-485 sent to California SC for "faster processing"

12/07/06 - Email received: I-485 received and pending at California SC

01/25/07 - Another email saying my I-485 was transferred to CSC on 11/29/06.

02/08/07 - Biometrics taken

02/09/07 - Touch on EAD and AOS

02/14/07 - Email received: EAD Card production ordered

02/16/07 - Mailed application for Advance Parole to Chicago. Traveling 06/14. Could be close.

02/20/07 - EAD Card received! Time to start paying for my own drinks...

02/28/07 - Another touch on AOS.

02/28/07 - Another email saying my AOS case is pending at CSC. Hmmm.

04/06/07 - I-485 APPROVED! Welcome letter is in the mail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
We got a letter saying my my petition had been sent to the Dublin embassy on the 18th, however the embassy have not yet recieved it. 12 days later.

NVC don't know why, the embassy doesn't know why.

This is not helping my nerves....sniff.

I bet they have it-it is just under a plie somewhere. Keep calling them & have all your papers ready to send back in. I bet you have an interview by early October ;)

They move pretty fast in Dublin(Thank God)

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Some really nice shots there!

Timeline

I-130

February 13, 2006: I-130 filed (US Embassy, Dublin, Ireland).

April 18, 2006: Interview date received.

May 02, 2006: Interview (US Embassy, Dublin, Ireland). Visa approved.

June 14, 2006: Moved to Charlotte, NC.

July 20, 2006: 'Welcome to the United States' letter received.

July 21, 2006: Applied for SSN.

July 29, 2006: SSN received.

September 05, 2006: 2 year Permanent Resident card received.

I-751

April 09, 2008: Mailed I-751 to TSC.

April 15, 2008: Check cashed.

April 16, 2008: Case transferred to VSC.

April 23, 2008: Biometrics appointment letter received.

May 10, 2008: Biometrics appointment.

June 28, 2008: Moved to Clearwater, FL (Filed AR-11 and I-865).

March 04,2009: 10 year Permanent Resident card production ordered.

March 13,2009: 10 year Permanent Resident card received.

N-400

April 24, 2009: Mailed N-400 to TX Lockbox.

April 30, 2009: NOA1 Notice date.

May 11, 2009: Biometrics appointment letter received.

May 16, 2009: Biometrics complete (walk-in).

June 04, 2009: Interview letter received.

July 23, 2009: Interview.

July 23, 2009: Oath. I am a US citizen!

Some really nice shots there!

Thank you :) By the way, I shot a roll of film in Cork recently. Haven't developed it yet, though...

Bartek

Filed: Timeline

Hi all brand new to this board

I would really appreciate your help

I am looking for your/friends/family experiances with the green card especially post 9/11.

I want to know how strict they are about people leaving the country for extended periods of time and how long i would have to spend there every year/two years.... (days weeks months) and if i would have to work to keep it?

I know if your gone for more than one year you have to fill in a reentry permit. Is this frowned upon? can you keep doing this indefinately and just go back show your face and expect to hang onto it?

As we all know there are rules and there are "rules" so real life experiances would be great

Thanks

PS i havent even gone to the US with the stamp in my passport yet just trying to sort things out and make plans to know where i stand.

Timeline

Are you based in ireland or the states?

If in ireland how long have you been away from the states. Do you have a 10 year greencard?

Timeline

Bartek, they're really great pics!

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Timeline
Bartek, they're really great pics!

Hey amanda,

how are you keeping? I finally got my EAD on saturday.

Timeline

That's great news Donal, you must be thrilled to finally have it!!

All's going well here, only another 9 weeks to go till the baby is due, so we're all excited and enjoying our weekend lie-ins while we can!! The weather has really been great since we came back, a couple days of rain but really nothing too bad. Mayo and Kerry are playing in the All Ireland football this Sunday, so it should be a good match if Mayo don't fall apart like they usually do! I'm not a big fan of gaelic, but we watched the semi's with Mayo v Dublin and it was a brilliant game.

No major news here at all to be honest, Tesco and Dunnes are in the middle of a "price war" so I'll be heading to either one to do the groceries...see what you're missing Ha! Ha!

Well, good luck job hunting and hope you get word on the AOS too :thumbs:

Colleen, any date on Gavin coming over?

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Timeline
That's great news Donal, you must be thrilled to finally have it!!

All's going well here, only another 9 weeks to go till the baby is due, so we're all excited and enjoying our weekend lie-ins while we can!! The weather has really been great since we came back, a couple days of rain but really nothing too bad. Mayo and Kerry are playing in the All Ireland football this Sunday, so it should be a good match if Mayo don't fall apart like they usually do! I'm not a big fan of gaelic, but we watched the semi's with Mayo v Dublin and it was a brilliant game.

No major news here at all to be honest, Tesco and Dunnes are in the middle of a "price war" so I'll be heading to either one to do the groceries...see what you're missing Ha! Ha!

Well, good luck job hunting and hope you get word on the AOS too :thumbs:

Colleen, any date on Gavin coming over?

Thats great. Its about time dunnes and tesco got involved in a pricing war. The more competition the better. Ouch about the electricity hike from january.20% increase.

Mayo will fall apart on sunday but it would be a nice suprise if they manage the beat the mighty kerry team. Best of luck with the pregnancy,you both will make great parents and there is no better place to bring up a child than ireland.

I have an interview next week with an IT recruiter in boston.Hopefully i can get a job out if it.The only problem i may have is we have already booked our tickets back to ireland to spend xmas as it will have been 9 months since We were last back. Hopefully that wont stop companies from hiring my services.

I think gavin is coming in october if i remember correctly what colleen said before.

Filed: Timeline

Hi Donal

Sorry if i wasnt clear

I am based in Ireland and I havent actually got the GC yet have won the lotto and have a low number so its just a matter of time i know i have to go to the states to get the card and get an address over there to send it to i think anyway. Ill prob just use a friends address.

Will i have to work initially or is it just enough to go through immigration at the airport? I know i have to sign up for draft services or whatever they (We!!) call it might try and get a driving licience as well and open bank accounts before i have to head home. At least this way i will have some links with the country when im not there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.