j&js

Irish in the US

237 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Mand, why did you go back to Ireland? Will staying there long term affect your PR status in the US?

Rob lived in Ireland for almost 3 years before we moved to the U.S. and I think the move was always seen as a "do we prefer the U.S. or Ireland". In the end, Ireland won. Rob missed the the way of life in Ireland and we both missed friends and family. We also decided that we'd prefer to raise a family in Ireland...with Cork accents Ha! Ha!

I'll be handing back my GC, but haven't called the Embassy yet to find out the finer details. I'll use the VWP or go the Embassy for a holiday visa when we're visiting Rob's family.

Mand-Old Bay..............isn't it great? we have a place here called Chickie's & Petes..........they have crab fries, they are chips with old bay & cheese on the side, they are SO delicious. Soft Pretzels-I miss them when I am in Dublin.

Colleen, Rob's family are originally from Baltimore but live in PA now, so whenever we'd visit them we'd stock up on the UTZ chips with Old Bay...yummy!! ...fresh from the factory which was just a few miles from them ;)

I have a feeling that Gav & I will move to ireland eventually-he is INSISTING that our kids have an Irish accent :yes::lol: he is completely serious!

Mand-hope you are well!

God all this talk of Old Bay is making me want seafood right now-better go & find some!

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Definitly Josh, hopefully we will have an interview soon!

We would love to make the move to Ireland, but I have a child and my ex wont allow me to move her away. Hopefully in the near future I can make it possible, Niall would prefer to have any chilren we may have grow up in Cork, it is a much nicer way of life in my opinion and a wonderful area to raise a family. Hope all is going well with you and the baby Manda!

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/03/06-Recieved I-130 @TSC forwarded to CSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

02/09/07-CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!

02/13/07-Case forwarded to Dublin Embassy!!!

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

04/26/07- VISA in Hand!!!!

July-2007-Niall finishes work & comes home!!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Timeline
Definitly Josh, hopefully we will have an interview soon!

We would love to make the move to Ireland, but I have a child and my ex wont allow me to move her away. Hopefully in the near future I can make it possible, Niall would prefer to have any chilren we may have grow up in Cork, it is a much nicer way of life in my opinion and a wonderful area to raise a family. Hope all is going well with you and the baby Manda!

Sherry

Sherry-make sure you ring the embassy...............I bet they will have it by next week ;)

Timeline
Sherry-make sure you ring the embassy...............I bet they will have it by next week

Colleen, I rang the embassy this morning and the lady told me that they did have our case and that they were posting Nialls first packet out today!!!! Things are moving sooo fast now and ofcourse I am happy, just getting a bit nervous for the interview stage! Thanks again.....hope all is well with everyone!

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Timeline
Sherry-make sure you ring the embassy...............I bet they will have it by next week

Colleen, I rang the embassy this morning and the lady told me that they did have our case and that they were posting Nialls first packet out today!!!! Things are moving sooo fast now and ofcourse I am happy, just getting a bit nervous for the interview stage! Thanks again.....hope all is well with everyone!

Sherry

I knew it :yes:

he will have his interview date before you know it! Gav & I were nervous about the interview but I have to say that the people at the embassy were great(even though they made a few errors). They were helpful and Gav said the one guy was even joking with him about us. Gav thought he was being funny by telling the guy how gorgeous I am & what a great looking couple we are! If I were there I would have killed him :P

You will be fine-good luck & keep me posted!!!!!

Timeline

LOL that makes me feel better. The ladys that answer the phone are very polite and helpful. I have heard its about a months wait for the interview from the time they get the case from NVC, is this so? Geez I hope so, I want Niall home as soon as possible, yet its a bit scary getting ready with very little time left. But with that being said his birthday is mid sept. I would love to be able to spend his birthday with him. Thanks again for all the help Colleen. Will deffo keep ye posted.

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

Timeline

Gav's birthday is Sept 2nd..............he won't be here, but he will be here for mine in October :D

I would say a month sounds right-I have heard of delays beause of the IMBRA law, but it doesn't seem to effect the Dublin Embassy. Those women ARE great. When Gav had his interview, the women mentioned that I called a few times and spoke to her(no offense to my man, but he would have been lost without my help). He said "yeah she is gonna kill me when I get over there", and he said she was laughing. He said the day he went in they were handing visas out like candy.

we lucked out-it was a Friday, and the Embassy was closed on Monday for a bank holiday-guess they were all in good moods that day. I am trying to find info for you about the overstay. I have read here a thousand times, that a waiver is NOT necesary for an overstay that is under 180 days, but I want to find it on the Embassy site.

I'll keep looking ;)

Timeline

Awwww thanks Collen, I appreciate it! I looked as all over and didnt see anything myself. I assumed I just couldnt find it or I overlooked it.

Niall's B-day is the 18th. I would love to have him back then, I told him if he got the visa at or around then he should at least stay to celebrate with his family as it may be months till we can get back over. We can always have our own when he comes home. I do have a bottle of champagne for us (his mom bought it for us when we got married)!

As far as lost with out you, I soooo know where your coming from... I have done almost everything as far as this process has gone, but thats in part coz I like to take charge and it keeps me busy, Niall has been working his behind off trying to save so we will be comfortable until his work authorization comes thru. So its been a 50/50 deal. I cant complain, hes been so great, I am completely impatient and he has kept me sane.

Thanks again Collen, I'll keep you updated!

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi Guys,

This topic seemed as good as any to post my question so I'll give it a shot. I live in Dublin and we started the K1 process back in March. That whole IMBRA (is it IMBRA?) deal meant that our petition was sent back for "re-approval". Lauren, who lives in MA, got the NOA2 on Friday 11/8.

Does the NVC really take 2-4 weeks to send your petition back to the Dublin Embassy? Even if it's for the second time? Some people's timelines seem to indicate it can be a bit faster than this. It's just we're meant to be moving into an apartment September 4th (which I'm definately not going to make) and the wedding is on October 27th, so I'm getting a bit shaky.

...and one last question, sorry! How would we find out when the petition is sent back from the NVC to the embassy? I've been calling them about twice a week and kind of would like to stop annoying them!

Thanks,

Chris

09/14/06 - Moved to Boston on K1 Visa

10/27/06 - Married in Boston!

11/05/06 - Mailed AOD and EAD packages to Chicago

11/11/06 - NOA1

11/29/06 - I-485 sent to California SC for "faster processing"

12/07/06 - Email received: I-485 received and pending at California SC

01/25/07 - Another email saying my I-485 was transferred to CSC on 11/29/06.

02/08/07 - Biometrics taken

02/09/07 - Touch on EAD and AOS

02/14/07 - Email received: EAD Card production ordered

02/16/07 - Mailed application for Advance Parole to Chicago. Traveling 06/14. Could be close.

02/20/07 - EAD Card received! Time to start paying for my own drinks...

02/28/07 - Another touch on AOS.

02/28/07 - Another email saying my AOS case is pending at CSC. Hmmm.

04/06/07 - I-485 APPROVED! Welcome letter is in the mail.

Timeline

I have done 80%..................the man would be lost without me & he knows it :lol:

Hope things move along quickly for you guys-definetly keep me posted!

Hi Guys,

This topic seemed as good as any to post my question so I'll give it a shot. I live in Dublin and we started the K1 process back in March. That whole IMBRA (is it IMBRA?) deal meant that our petition was sent back for "re-approval". Lauren, who lives in MA, got the NOA2 on Friday 11/8.

Does the NVC really take 2-4 weeks to send your petition back to the Dublin Embassy? Even if it's for the second time? Some people's timelines seem to indicate it can be a bit faster than this. It's just we're meant to be moving into an apartment September 4th (which I'm definately not going to make) and the wedding is on October 27th, so I'm getting a bit shaky.

...and one last question, sorry! How would we find out when the petition is sent back from the NVC to the embassy? I've been calling them about twice a week and kind of would like to stop annoying them!

Thanks,

Chris

It can take 2 weeks for the petition to go from NVC to Dublin-even if it does get to the embassy quicker-they may not log it in to the system straight away(due to holidays, weekends, staff being out of the office).

Not everyone flies through Dublin...........we filed the paperwork in Dec & were just approved 2 weeks ago. As for the October wedding-that may be cutting things a bit close but I can't say for sure. IMBRA has definetly caused delays everywhere. Ring the embassy to see if they rec'd it yet 16688777. Have you been calling them or NVC?

As longs as you don't call everyday, they shouldn't mind.

good luck to you ;)

Colleen

Timeline

Thanks Coleen,

I've been calling the embassy. I'll start again in about a week then...

October 27th is a bit close alright. Didn't seem that way in March though!

Cheers....

11/11/06 - NOA1

02/16/07 - Mailed application for Advance Parole to Chicago. Traveling 06/14. Could be close.

Timeline
Thanks Coleen,

I've been calling the embassy. I'll start again in about a week then...

October 27th is a bit close alright. Didn't seem that way in March though!

Cheers....

Oct 27th is my birthday :P

I know how you feel-I swore that my man would have had this visa MONTHS ago-boy was I wrong :wacko:

You guys should be ok-once they get the info-they move quickly. The best thing you can do, is have all the paperwork ready to send back in when you get packet #3. Once we did that-it moved pretty quickly(well we had a few bumps along the way, but our case was a little complicated). They are sound at the embassy, you could always ask to get in as soon as possible-once they have your paperwork, they may be able to get you in straight away(explain about your wedding-it certainly can't hurt).

Let me know when they get your paperwork.

It's really good to see so many Irish on here lately (F)

Take care

Colleen

Timeline

Hi all, we got packet 3 in the mail and just had a few quick questions.......First, there are 2 I-156 forms, does Niall fill them both out or is one intended for me, and second on the form it asks if he has ever violated a visa or been removed etc. He did overstay his VW but not more than 180 days. Do we check yes as it was a violation? He wasnt removed he left on his own accord. We just dont want to make a mistake and tick the wrong box. We are going to explain the situation to the consular officer. Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah also we have our medical for this thursday, Niall is gonna post back our packet this afternoon and hopefully we will hear about an interview soon!!!!! Yay!!! I am soooo excited that things are moving along!

Hope everyone is well!

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

Timeline
Hi all, we got packet 3 in the mail and just had a few quick questions.......First, there are 2 I-156 forms, does Niall fill them both out or is one intended for me, and second on the form it asks if he has ever violated a visa or been removed etc. He did overstay his VW but not more than 180 days. Do we check yes as it was a violation? He wasnt removed he left on his own accord. We just dont want to make a mistake and tick the wrong box. We are going to explain the situation to the consular officer. Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah also we have our medical for this thursday, Niall is gonna post back our packet this afternoon and hopefully we will hear about an interview soon!!!!! Yay!!! I am soooo excited that things are moving along!

Hope everyone is well!

Sherry

I don't remember on the form if it asks if you overstayed..............I know with Gav's paperwork-there was a question about being denied entry into the US. I checked "yes" and then put that he overtstayed 2 days on the VWP. If you check "yes" to any of those boxes, they will ask you about it. We also had to check that Gav was arrested. It was ridiculous, because it also mentions prostitution :blink:

I will have to look at the forms again to have a better answer for you-but I don't recall where they ask about an overstay. Was he denied entry? If so...........just put that he overstayed for X amount of days. Since you are below the 180-you shoud be fine-no waiver would be necessary.

Gav sent in:

DS230 Pt I

checklist

and I think that's it. When he went in for the interview, they made him fill out another ds156, because he only had one copy

let me know if I can help with anything

Colleen

Edited by irishgirl73

Timeline
Oct 27th is my birthday :P

I know how you feel-I swore that my man would have had this visa MONTHS ago-boy was I wrong :wacko:

You guys should be ok-once they get the info-they move quickly. The best thing you can do, is have all the paperwork ready to send back in when you get packet #3. Once we did that-it moved pretty quickly(well we had a few bumps along the way, but our case was a little complicated). They are sound at the embassy, you could always ask to get in as soon as possible-once they have your paperwork, they may be able to get you in straight away(explain about your wedding-it certainly can't hurt).

Let me know when they get your paperwork.

It's really good to see so many Irish on here lately (F)

Take care

Colleen

My fiancee got a letter saying that they sent the package to the embassy on the 21st, which was really quick, considering they recieved it on the 15th. I already have my paperwork ready as I recieved packet #3 a while ago when the embassy had my petition the first time (thank you IMBRA), so maybe this will be a quick enough process....

Thanks for your help!

11/11/06 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.