j&js

Irish in the US

237 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Fair play Donal!! Hope the new job goes well!!

Make sure you watch 'The Firm' on the night of Jan 1st. It'll make you paranoid on your first day at work :)

Timeline

I-130

February 13, 2006: I-130 filed (US Embassy, Dublin, Ireland).

April 18, 2006: Interview date received.

May 02, 2006: Interview (US Embassy, Dublin, Ireland). Visa approved.

June 14, 2006: Moved to Charlotte, NC.

July 20, 2006: 'Welcome to the United States' letter received.

July 21, 2006: Applied for SSN.

July 29, 2006: SSN received.

September 05, 2006: 2 year Permanent Resident card received.

I-751

April 09, 2008: Mailed I-751 to TSC.

April 15, 2008: Check cashed.

April 16, 2008: Case transferred to VSC.

April 23, 2008: Biometrics appointment letter received.

May 10, 2008: Biometrics appointment.

June 28, 2008: Moved to Clearwater, FL (Filed AR-11 and I-865).

March 04,2009: 10 year Permanent Resident card production ordered.

March 13,2009: 10 year Permanent Resident card received.

N-400

April 24, 2009: Mailed N-400 to TX Lockbox.

April 30, 2009: NOA1 Notice date.

May 11, 2009: Biometrics appointment letter received.

May 16, 2009: Biometrics complete (walk-in).

June 04, 2009: Interview letter received.

July 23, 2009: Interview.

July 23, 2009: Oath. I am a US citizen!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Congrats Donal, that's brilliant news!! :thumbs:

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hope everyone had a great Christmas..................I want to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy yourselves & be safe!!!!

Colleen

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Timeline

I just wanted to let everyone know that I married my hot Irishman on Jan 2nd (L)

I wish everyone lots of luck and happiness for the new year!!

Colleen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello!

I am new and this is the first forum i have seen for Irish Immigration, I AM SO GLAD I FOUND YOU GUYS!

My name is Erin, and i am from St. Louis, Missouri USA

My husband is from Co. Tipperary, Ireland

We have just had our affadavid of support approved this week, and are currently waiting on our packet!

My hubby overstayed his Visa waiver by nearly 2 years before we were married, and when we tried to get him a green card in america, he was deported, so now he has a 10 yr. ban. So, what i believe will happen is, we will have our I-130 interveiw, be denied, then file for an I-212 waiver?...Sound familiar to anyone?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

So ready to go home......

Mrs. Lonely in Ireland:

Erin

1.png

Timeline
Hello!

I am new and this is the first forum i have seen for Irish Immigration, I AM SO GLAD I FOUND YOU GUYS!

My name is Erin, and i am from St. Louis, Missouri USA

My husband is from Co. Tipperary, Ireland

We have just had our affadavid of support approved this week, and are currently waiting on our packet!

My hubby overstayed his Visa waiver by nearly 2 years before we were married, and when we tried to get him a green card in america, he was deported, so now he has a 10 yr. ban. So, what i believe will happen is, we will have our I-130 interveiw, be denied, then file for an I-212 waiver?...Sound familiar to anyone?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

you should post your story in the "waiver" forum, those people are the experts!!! Sounds like you will have to file the I-212 for the overstay(at least you are prepared for it). I wish you lots of luck!!! I hope things work out for you!!!!

Colleen

Timeline
I just wanted to let everyone know that I married my hot Irishman on Jan 2nd (L)

Colleen

Congrats girl!!! How does it feel to be a Mrs.? I wish you and Gavin all the best for the future and many years of wedded bliss. And where are the pics missus?!?

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Timeline

Colleen

Congrats girl!!! How does it feel to be a Mrs.? I wish you and Gavin all the best for the future and many years of wedded bliss. And where are the pics missus?!?

not many :blush:

I am going to put some pics on here soon I swear(I told Rebecca the same thing a week ago) I am horrible!!!

I must admit it DOES feel a bit strange to be a married woman(but in a really good way)

Hope you, Rob and the baby are doing well!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Colleen, Congrats to you both! WOW, didnt know it was coming that fast. Sooooo happy for you and Gavin, congrats again and all the best to the both of you!

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/03/06-Recieved I-130 @TSC forwarded to CSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

02/09/07-CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!

02/13/07-Case forwarded to Dublin Embassy!!!

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

04/26/07- VISA in Hand!!!!

July-2007-Niall finishes work & comes home!!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Timeline
Colleen, Congrats to you both! WOW, didnt know it was coming that fast. Sooooo happy for you and Gavin, congrats again and all the best to the both of you!

Sherry

if it weren't for the gov't, it wouldn't have been AS fast-we want to do something in Ireland-hopefully next year.

Now we have to start saving :whistle:

Timeline

Congrats Colleen!!! Very happy for you two!! :dance: Get those pics online this week!! Or we'll send the Murphia after ya.

Denise and I moved into a new apartment a few days back and we love it here. It's right next to where Denise works which lessens her commute from an hour each way to 4 minutes each way (at rush hour!), but now I have an interview in Manhattan on Friday which I applied for in December and which seemed like a great idea prior to the move to the new apartment but now I'm not so sure....

I'm almost afraid in case I'm offered the job as it would be a better job, excellent for career, far more $$$$ + better benefits, but do I want to be the one commuting for an hour or more each way every day...plus leaving a really nice apartment, plus leaving Charlotte which I like a lot, plus playing far more rent for a much smaller place in NY....plus winters of snow and wind and rain when it's 70F down south......

If I did get it, it would be dilemma time.... :blink:

Timeline

I-130

I-751

N-400

Timeline

Congratulations on the job Donal :) and congratulations to irishgirl73 :D on the wedding! We just hit the one year married mark back in November! :P

I haven’t been on this in a while.. well not much since I got my Green Card back in October shortly after in November I started working!.. for the first time in a year!

I didn’t get the exact job I wanted but it’s turned out to be quite decent. I’ve ended up working for the government :o . In fact I just sort of got promoted or a pay rise or both.. I’m still not sure? I’m assuming that’s what “bumped up” means over here :lol:? In fact they are sending me across the country to train and then take over administrating staffing system. It's all a bit too mad!

The wife and I intend to head back home for about 10 days around mid May. Anyone know of any good travel deals out there at the minute :huh: ? We’re in central Florida, Orlando/Sanford and have been searching for a flight into Dublin, Shannon or even Belfast. It’s a pity Aer Lingus stopped flying into Florida I came in last year for like 188EUR can’t find anything better than $700 return from Orlando at the minute. This will be my first time back in a year and a half, I’m looking forward to it!

Thanks in advance! any help or advice would be appreciated. :yes:

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Congratulations on the job Donal :) and congratulations to irishgirl73 :D on the wedding! We just hit the one year married mark back in November! :P

I haven’t been on this in a while.. well not much since I got my Green Card back in October shortly after in November I started working!.. for the first time in a year!

I didn’t get the exact job I wanted but it’s turned out to be quite decent. I’ve ended up working for the government :o . In fact I just sort of got promoted or a pay rise or both.. I’m still not sure? I’m assuming that’s what “bumped up” means over here :lol:? In fact they are sending me across the country to train and then take over administrating staffing system. It's all a bit too mad!

The wife and I intend to head back home for about 10 days around mid May. Anyone know of any good travel deals out there at the minute :huh: ? We’re in central Florida, Orlando/Sanford and have been searching for a flight into Dublin, Shannon or even Belfast. It’s a pity Aer Lingus stopped flying into Florida I came in last year for like 188EUR can’t find anything better than $700 return from Orlando at the minute. This will be my first time back in a year and a half, I’m looking forward to it!

Thanks in advance! any help or advice would be appreciated. :yes:

Have you thought about Jet Blue to New York, Aer Lingus to Dublin

or

Virgin Atlantic to London then on to Dublin or Shannon

Edited by John & Annie

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hiya all,

What are we doing way down here........BUMPING this up!

I agree with John & Annie. I would check into a smaller airline and see about a different departure city. JB seems good and Southwest to Atlanta or Raliegh NC is also an option. Sometimes at the begining of the year Continental has some good prices on flights to Ireland. Good luck on the search.

Any word on the interview Josh?

Hope everyone is doing well.

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/03/06-Recieved I-130 @TSC forwarded to CSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

02/09/07-CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!

02/13/07-Case forwarded to Dublin Embassy!!!

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

04/26/07- VISA in Hand!!!!

July-2007-Niall finishes work & comes home!!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Timeline

Hey Sherry,

We were in Florida for the past week. It was 88F there!! I really liked the Keys, Miami and St. Augustine and we stopped off in Savannah, GA on the way back which I liked a lot too. Anyways, back to the point...when I got home, there was a voicemail waiting for me and the company in NYC has offered me the job....now what do I do??? Heeeelllppp......!

I think I'll take it as it would be very good for career but I'll miss Charlotte a lot. Neither Denise nor I had ever been to Charlotte before we came to the US, but it turned out to be a great place and the people in NC are the nicest on the planet. We also really love our new apartment and I'm reluctant to move so soon again, especially since we'd probably get something half the size for twice the cost in NYC. Bummer....

Denise and I will be in NC for another two months or so, assuming I do end up taking the job, but I'll make a final decision on Monday (my brain is fried after all the driving from Florida so I'm not even gonna think about it right now!), but regardless of decision and how long we are going to be in NC, hopefully we'll all get to meet up at some stage in the future.

Any news from your end?

Timeline

I-130

I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.