Army_Wife

US Military Spouses

700 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello All,

I'm not a military wife but I have close close ties to being somewhat in this situation for many years. So I know all the lingo you all talk and honestly I miss my military connections sometime. Just wanted to chime in and say I think this is an AWESOME thread and I wish you all speedy journeys. Prayers and thanks to all the soliders. (F)

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Everyone,

I'm currently in the US Army. I was able execute a Military Expedite for my wife because my unit is on alert for possible deployment overseas. I've already served 15 months in Iraq and soon will return for a second tour.

Please have your Husbands call USCIS on their 1-800 number and talk to an Agent, let them know that you want to file a Military expedite on your petition. They will submit a request and within a few days they will send an email, wanting information faxed to them.

If your Soldier is deployed this will also work. The email will tell you what you need.

The Military Expedite will only be regarding the USCIS portion of the process.

After I submitted my request they approved my I-130, within a week (7 days), please do it!!!! As a soldier, it's stressful to think about my wife being faraway while I'm training and doing all the pre-deployment stuff. I'm sure your soldiers are also stressed.

Regards,

SGT Leyva :clock:

Hello SGT Levya,

My husband is a SPC and is currently deployed to northern Iraq. :)

Today I called the military hotline for the USCIS to ask a question about the I-130 and I inquired about the process of expediting a petition and the agent told me that the only way that could happen was if my husband was ABOUT TO BE deployed.

I am thinking that what you are saying is true, and perhaps they would do it if my husband were to call them directly.

I don't know if he would be able to because of the time differences and also his hours, but I am going to run it by him and see what he thinks. I guess it doesn't hurt to try!

Thank you for the information.

And you are right....my husband is very stressed out. He just wants to get back from (his first deployment) in one piece so that we can be together as soon as he gets back from his tour which will be any time between September and November.... I miss him so much :crying:

What you guys do and have to go through is unbelievable...

Have your soldier send an email to the service center handling your case, that might work also.

After I requested the military expedite, USCIS CRIS sent me an email requesting I fax information to them.

Info needed:

Copy of Military ID

Copy of Orders or Letter from Commander explaining Deployment or Unit Alert

Also, I didn't use the Military Hotline, I just called the 1-800 number on my NOA1. I talked to an agent and they ask me for my case number, phone number, email address and they put in the request. The next day they sent me an email asking for the info to be faxed to them, ATTN Officer Harris.

A week later my case was approved.

Everyone,

I'm currently in the US Army. I was able execute a Military Expedite for my wife because my unit is on alert for possible deployment overseas. I've already served 15 months in Iraq and soon will return for a second tour.

Please have your Husbands call USCIS on their 1-800 number and talk to an Agent, let them know that you want to file a Military expedite on your petition. They will submit a request and within a few days they will send an email, wanting information faxed to them.

If your Soldier is deployed this will also work. The email will tell you what you need.

After I submitted my request they approved my I-130, within a week (7 days), please do it!!!! As a soldier, it's stressful to think about my wife being faraway while I'm training and doing all the pre-deployment stuff. I'm sure your soldiers are also stressed.

Regards,

Hello SGT Levya,

Today I called the military hotline for the USCIS to ask a question about the I-130 and I inquired about the process of expediting a petition and the agent told me that the only way that could happen was if my husband was ABOUT TO BE deployed.

I am thinking that what you are saying is true, and perhaps they would do it if my husband were to call them directly.

I don't know if he would be able to because of the time differences and also his hours, but I am going to run it by him and see what he thinks. I guess it doesn't hurt to try!

And you are right....my husband is very stressed out. He just wants to get back from (his first deployment) in one piece so that we can be together as soon as he gets back from his tour which will be any time between September and November.... I miss him so much :crying:

Have your soldier send an email to the service center handling your case, that might work also.

After I requested the military expedite, USCIS CRIS sent me an email requesting I fax information to them.

Info needed:

Copy of Military ID

Also, I didn't use the Military Hotline, I just called the 1-800 number on my NOA1. I talked to an agent and they ask me for my case number, phone number, email address and they put in the request. The next day they sent me an email asking for the info to be faxed to them, ATTN Officer Harris.

hi there,

WOW that is so amazing!!

MY husband is deployed in iraq and we havent filed yet,

did u call the 1-800 number before or after you have submitted the I-130?

thanks..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Marlita: Thank you so much! That means so much. This life is not easy and the frequent and prolonged separations that naturally occur in a military relationship are difficult to deal with much less on top of it having a Long Distance Relationship before hand AND dealing with the immigration process....

It's a lot to stomach.

SGT Levya: Thank you so much for this information, I have forwarded it to my husband. One week to approve an I-130 is spectacular! I hope we get that lucky. He says he will speak to his commander on friday and get started on a letter. He will email them and see what happens. I have the same question as Ruby_Jade, did you request the expidite AFTER you sent in the I-130? I assume yes since you said you got the number off of the NOA1. Thanks again and God bless you!

Ruby_Jade: This looks very promising for us and other military spouses. I will definately keep everyone abreast of what happens and if it works.

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Filed: Timeline
Everyone,

Regards,

Hello SGT Levya,

Let us all know how you get on with the expedite .... fingers crossed you'll manage to find someone at USCIS who actually knows what they're talking about !! Deployment is deployment ..... whether he leaves in 5 days or has been there 5 months!! ..... I'm praying for you Jamericanlove ..... and hope you have an approval within a couple of weeks :thumbs:

(F)(F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Everyone,

Regards,

Hello SGT Levya,

Info needed:

Copy of Military ID

hi there,

WOW that is so amazing!!

MY husband is deployed in iraq and we havent filed yet,

did u call the 1-800 number before or after you have submitted the I-130?

thanks..

I called after submitting the I-130. Thing is I sat around for 3 month before I found out about military expidite.

Here is the email I received after calling:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

California Service Center

P.O. Box 30111

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0111

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Emailed to XXXXXXLEYVA@US.ARMY.MIL

Dear M. Leyva:

On 01/15/2008 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

-- Information not available

Case type:

-- I130

Filing date:

-- XX/XX/XXXX

Receipt #:

-- WAC-XX-XX-XXXXX

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

Type of service requested:

-- Expedite

The status of this service request is:

USCIS has received your Military Expedite request. In order to process, we need a copy of any one of the following: your Military Identification Card, deployment orders or a copy of a letter from your commanding officer detailing your deployment. Please Fax to 949-389-3441, Attn: Officer Harris.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must also notify the Department of Homeland Security within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). If you have moved, please complete a Form AR-11 and mail it to the address shown on that form. If you do not have this form, you can download it from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. If you move, please call us with your new address information as soon as your move is complete. If you have already called us and given us this information, you do not need to call again.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

PS: Notice the bold letters, I sent in 2 things my Copy of Military ID and Unit Alert orders. But if you look at the bold Letters above they state " any one of the following" meaning that a military ID might be the only thing they need.

Try it!!!!! It's not about getting around the system but having it work for you! These measures are put in place to help us, USCIS does not parade it around because we are few in this process. Good luck!!!!!!

Timeline

Thank you so much. Will post updates as I go along! :thumbs:

NATURALIZATION

DONE!

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I also met my SO whilst he was serving in Iraq in 2005!

Alan has since left the forces but remains an IRR and has been called to a Muster drill next month. I know its procedure but I can't help but panic every now and then that he will be called upon for active duty. We've done it once and I know we could do it again but like everyone else we'd rather not have to. I find it amazing that Alan laid down his life for his Country and they are processing H1B visa's before ours, its a stupid system and it infuriates me.

Thank you to everyone still serving and all the SO's that are waiting so patiently for their loved ones, I truly admire your strength.

Good luck and best wishes

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi there,

I am also a military wife. My husband is currently deployed to Iraq. We have completed half of the 15-month deployment already and just spent a wonderful R&R together. We actually met while he wasn't in the military yet. That was about seven years ago when I was an exchange student in the US. We went the K1 route and got married shortly before he joined the Army. Right now, we are stationed in Germany which is kind of funny since I am Germany. A few months after he gets back, we will most likely PCS back to the States which I am very excited for since I like living in the US alot better.

It is good to see some fellow military wives here! Good luck to everyone who is awaiting their visa apporvals.

Stefanie

K-1

07-12-2004 NOA1

12-13-2004 Approved

AOS

05-25-2005 NOA1

09-20-2005 Approved

I-751

07-25-2007 NOA1

12-02-2009 Approved

N-400

05-11-2010 NOA

07-29-2010 Interview + Oath Ceremony

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I also met my SO whilst he was serving in Iraq in 2005!

Alan has since left the forces but remains an IRR and has been called to a Muster drill next month. I know its procedure but I can't help but panic every now and then that he will be called upon for active duty. We've done it once and I know we could do it again but like everyone else we'd rather not have to. I find it amazing that Alan laid down his life for his Country and they are processing H1B visa's before ours, its a stupid system and it infuriates me.

Thank you to everyone still serving and all the SO's that are waiting so patiently for their loved ones, I truly admire your strength.

Good luck and best wishes

Bex xxx

Hi Bex,

Yes, the system is outrageous ..... but I'm sure sooner or later, we will find other service members who are involved with partners not born in the US ..... and by the time we finish this process we'll all be fountains of knowledge and be able to help :idea:

However, it is appaling that the US government makes those who bravely stood in the firing line for their country wait once again to be with their loved ones ....

2005 was certainly a busy year for Military personnel in Iraq and finding partners online :lol:

Welcome to our little Military thread and do let us know how you get on ..... a K1 should mean you'll beat most of us to the airport by a few months ..... goodluck (F)

Sarah x

Its a wonder anything actually got done in Iraq 2005! No I'm kidding, I really love the fact that our relationship started with me being able to support him in a way that he needed at the time.

One of the things that I actually enjoy about this whole process is becoming educated in the strange and unpredictable ways of the USCIS. I'm definitely a VJ'er for life now and can't wait till I'm in the position to offer some pearls of wisdom to newbies joining our ranks.

Stefanie! What a strange turn of events you have had, I hope your Husband returns home safe, he's in our thoughts. I'm sure the last thing you expected to happen when you were going through the K1 process would be that you'd end up back in your home country!

I hope that it means will get a speedy approval but not holding my breath, I'm in my final year of a 4 year degree and should graduate in July so August would be perfect. Where in Atlanta are you heading Sarah? I'm bound for Gwinnett Country, most probably Lilburn. I can't wait to live near Stone Mountain and the World of Coke!! (simple pleasures)

Best Wishes everyone xxxx

Edited by BexandAlan

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Its a wonder anything actually got done in Iraq 2005! No I'm kidding, I really love the fact that our relationship started with me being able to support him in a way that he needed at the time.

One of the things that I actually enjoy about this whole process is becoming educated in the strange and unpredictable ways of the USCIS. I'm definitely a VJ'er for life now and can't wait till I'm in the position to offer some pearls of wisdom to newbies joining our ranks.

Stefanie! What a strange turn of events you have had, I hope your Husband returns home safe, he's in our thoughts. I'm sure the last thing you expected to happen when you were going through the K1 process would be that you'd end up back in your home country!

I hope that it means will get a speedy approval but not holding my breath, I'm in my final year of a 4 year degree and should graduate in July so August would be perfect. Where in Atlanta are you heading Sarah? I'm bound for Gwinnett Country, most probably Lilburn. I can't wait to live near Stone Mountain and the World of Coke!! (simple pleasures)

I agree, Stefanie, that's quite ironic that you ended up back in your home country ..... mind you, it's probably nice to be near family and friends while your Husband is in Iraq .... our prayers are with you both.

Well Bex, I'm going to be close to Fort Gillem/McPherson ..... therefore, very much Atlanta .... it'll make a change from Fort Benning and Columbus.

I haven't had the chance to go to Stone Mountain yet, it's definately something to look forward to.

Lucky you being at the end of your degree, I've just had to give mine up following illness which meant I missed too much work to keep up (Engineering) .... couldn't face starting again in October (was only in 1st year), but may go back in 2 years ... and commute every 10 weeks ..... 3 year UK degree and cheaper fees ..... as opposed to 5 year US degree and extortionate costs ..... hmmm let me think about that.

So, back to work for me for a while until USCIS pull their finger out and process me ..... all things happen for a reason ....

Do stay in touch, it'll be nice to know another English girl in the area.

X

Edited by KipandSarahJayne

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I agree, Stefanie, that's quite ironic that you ended up back in your home country ..... mind you, it's probably nice to be near family and friends while your Husband is in Iraq .... our prayers are with you both.

Well Bex, I'm going to be close to Fort Gillem/McPherson ..... therefore, very much Atlanta .... it'll make a change from Fort Benning and Columbus.

I haven't had the chance to go to Stone Mountain yet, it's definately something to look forward to.

Lucky you being at the end of your degree, I've just had to give mine up following illness which meant I missed too much work to keep up (Engineering) .... couldn't face starting again in October (was only in 1st year), but may go back in 2 years ... and commute every 10 weeks ..... 3 year UK degree and cheaper fees ..... as opposed to 5 year US degree and extortionate costs ..... hmmm let me think about that.

So, back to work for me for a while until USCIS pull their finger out and process me ..... all things happen for a reason ....

Do stay in touch, it'll be nice to know another English girl in the area.

X

I want show my respect for all the soldiers and their family.

Apri. 2005 Met in office

12-27-07 Marriage

CR-1

I-130 for Wife

1-06-08 I-130 Mailed

2-08-08 NOA1 from CSC

2-13-08 Case on line

4-23-08 NOA2

NVC

4-29-08 Case number assigned

5-05-08 DS-3032 & AOS generate

5-07-08 DS-3032 send

5-07-08 AOS paid on line, Barcode sheet print out

5-13-08 I-864 mail to NVC

5-14-08 DS-3032 accepted by NVC

5-17-08 Pay IV fee on line

5-xx-08 I-864 accepted by NVC

5-20-08 DS-230 generate and send

5-23-08 DS-230 enter into NVC system, automessage updated

6-04-08 Case completed at NVC

6-09-08 Case left NVC

CR2

I-130 for Daughter

1-06-08 I-130 Mailed

2-08-08 NOA1 from CSC

2-13-08 Case on line

4-25-08 NOA2

NVC

5-02-08 Cased number assigned

5-09-08 DS-3032 & AOS generate

5-08-08 DS-3032 send

5-07-08 AOS paid on line( included under wife's case , no additional fee here ), barcode sheet print

5-13-08 I-864 mail to NVC

5-15-08 DS-3032 accepted by NVC

5-17-08 Pay IV fee on line

5-xx-08 I-864 accepted by NVC

5-20-08 DS-230 generate and send

5-23-08 DS-230 enter into NVC system, automessage updated

6-04-08 Case completed at NVC

6-09-08 Case left NVC

Timeline

Thank you Lucy! It feels really good to know that you and many others care so much about what our husbands (and wive)s are doing :)

I have a question for the military people...

We are trying to get a jump start and getting papers together so that when the time comes that can be as few delays as possible. Regarding the AOS the documents that we are going to put together are:

1. Tax transcripts for 2 years 2006 and 2005.

2. Statement of why 2007 was not filed (deployed so entitled to extention on filing).

3. Copy of deployment orders.

The questions are.....should we put a copy of his LES statement for 2007 in with the papers as well? is the W2 only required for the current year or from all 3 previous years?

Also, do you recommend we put anything else in there (like a letter from his commander) or is that enough?

Thank you guy for helping. :)

Edited by Jamericanlove

NATURALIZATION

DONE!

Timeline

O.k.....and I'm back......

LOL

I am going to take the general advice and stay on the I-130 course and work the military expedite for all it's worth. I am going to use it for the I-130 and also at the NVC.

I have a big question and I am going to ask it here as well as in a thread by itself:

Is it possible to have the NVC send the I-184 as well as the other paperworks to me instead of to my husband in Iraq? and to do this would I just have to make myself the agent or does that only pertain to the packet that is sent to the beneficiary?

Our biggest issue is with the time it takes for the mail to go back and forth from Iraq. If I mail the documents in for him (filled out and signed by him) that would make transit time much shorter and also....less likelyhood of things getting lost. We have already lost mail sending it from there.

Any advice would be appreciated!

NATURALIZATION

DONE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.