Army_Wife

US Military Spouses

700 posts in this topic

Thanks all for reply. We will definitivelly try to do that. Hope we find another way. Even if deployment orders are not gonna come before a few months, all we were seeking for was a back up, I am not sure his CO really understood that. We will see I guess. From what my hubby has seen on the lists so far he should be deployed after end of January, but if the timeline is correct, we should get NOA2 around November, so then waiting for the interview and all is gonna put us to January and I fear we will have our backs to the wall and won't really be able to do anything. I don't know if I am clear enough in my explanations, sorry.

Wow, so deployment WILL be pretty soon then...

I told my own husband about your case, and he (being a CO himself) could not believe either that your husband does not get support.

But indeed - mention the upcoming deployment in your letter, in talks to the Senator's office or to the military helpline (they would not help us with our expedite, but as pinay shows, it is not impossible).

And you should get that expedite.

if you need any help at all, send me a message.

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Thanks all for reply. We will definitivelly try to do that. Hope we find another way. Even if deployment orders are not gonna come before a few months, all we were seeking for was a back up, I am not sure his CO really understood that. We will see I guess. From what my hubby has seen on the lists so far he should be deployed after end of January, but if the timeline is correct, we should get NOA2 around November, so then waiting for the interview and all is gonna put us to January and I fear we will have our backs to the wall and won't really be able to do anything. I don't know if I am clear enough in my explanations, sorry.

Hey Moonskin,

We got help from the miltary helpline, and especially from the Senator's AND Congressman's offices: get your husband to call them and ask for help!

We didn't involve my husband's CO at all.

I also got an interview really quickly at the USEM in Paris.

PM me (in French if you want, i'm the French half) if you have questions.

Good Luck!

2007-09-17 --> Met in France

2007-10-11 --> <3

2008-09-10 --> Got married!

USCIS Journey

2009-01-31 --> I-130 application sent via fedex to Chicago lockbox

2009-02-02 --> I-130 received by USCIS

2009-02-05 --> Notice of Action (NOA1)

2009-02-07 --> Notice of Action (NOA1) hardcopy received in the mail

2009-02-09 --> Request for Expedite

2009-02-09/10/16/18/20 --> Touched

2009-02-26 --> Phone call from WY congresswoman's office: I-130 petition approved (NOA2)!!

2009-02-27 --> Touched (case mailed to NVC?)

2009-03-02 --> NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

NVC Journey

2009-03-13 --> Case # assigned

2009-03-15 --> Request for expedite

2009-03-19 --> DS-3032 generated

2009-03-19 --> DS-3032 sent (e-mail)

2009-03-19 --> AOS and IV fees PAID (money order) (as per NVC supervisor's instructions)

2009-03-20 --> AOS package and DS-230 sent to NVC (as per NVC supervisor's instructions)

2009-04-13 --> Case complete at NVC

Embassy Journey

2009-04-14 --> Forward the case to Embassy in Paris, France

2009-04-30 --> Medical (PASSED!)

2009-04-30 --> Visa Interview - APPROVED!!

2009-05-04 --> Visa in Hand

2009-05-12 --> POE (Chicago)

2009-06-26 --> Green Card arrived in the mail!!

ROC

2011-03-16 --> ROC packet sent

2011-04-14 --> Biometrics appointment in Denver, CO

2011-05-27 --> Notification of approval in the mail (actual decision on the 24th)

2011-05-31 --> 10 year green card in the mail! (sent on the 25th)

**Done with USCIS till 2021**

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, you don't need to involve his higher up's at all. Most of the time, if you call requesting an expedite and say that your husband/wife is deploying, then they'll approve it. They tend to take your word for it, it seems xD

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malta
Timeline

hi all how is everybody doing?

i would like to ask all those who entered the US on an immigrant visa which form did you feel on the plane before the POE.... i would like to know since im planning to leave for the US soon

I got CR-1 Visa..... thanks a lot everyone :)

N400 sent : 2012-10-27

Check Cashed : 2012-11-05

Bio Appointment : 2012-11-23

Walk-In Biometrics : 2012-11-14

Interview Appointment : 2013-04-12

Approved : 2013-04-12

Oath Ceremony : 2013-06-28

as1cCET0g410010MjA0MDk1c3wwMTMxbHxTaW5jZ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi.... how is everyone doing??? :innocent:

PINOY And We know that GOD causes all things to work together for good to those who love GOD, to those who are called according to HIS purpose Romans 8:28

PINAY WE can do everything through HIM who gives US strength Philippians 4:13

Timeline

hi everyone... :whistle: i received my interview date for my AOS... (which will be next month).. BUT MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY DEPLOYED (HE IS IN THE MILITARY).. here are my question:

1. what are the likely questions that they will ask me (since my husband is not here and im so so nervous... :wacko: )

2. will i just bring his deployment orders to explain why he is not here (will that be enough?).. i really need to know what i need now.. since sending a letter from that remote place takes ages... and internet is not always available (sorry for being so emotional right now :crying: ... going through this process with my husband so far from me is hard..)

THANK YOU... AND GOD BLESS EVERYONE :blush:

PINOY And We know that GOD causes all things to work together for good to those who love GOD, to those who are called according to HIS purpose Romans 8:28

hi everyone... :whistle: i received my interview date for my AOS... (which will be next month).. BUT MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY DEPLOYED (HE IS IN THE MILITARY).. here are my question:

1. what are the likely questions that they will ask me (since my husband is not here and im so so nervous... :wacko: )

2. will i just bring his deployment orders to explain why he is not here (will that be enough?).. i really need to know what i need now.. since sending a letter from that remote place takes ages... and internet is not always available (sorry for being so emotional right now :crying: ... going through this process with my husband so far from me is hard..)

THANK YOU... AND GOD BLESS EVERYONE :blush:

Hi,

I brought a copy of his orders (training, not deployment) and a letter of his CO and that was fine. But have you tried to contact your USCIS Field Office in advance just to make sure? Sometimes ACS on base has contacts with USCIS and it might put your mind at ease, plus avoid any unpleasant surprises at time of interview.

As far as questions go: in my case, the Officer only asked me the questions on Form I-485 after I was sworn in. Nothing else was asked, no documents of bona fide relationship had to be shown.

However, you might get questions, so check out the list on this website. And I did have all of the necessary documents and proof with me, originals as well as copies. Better be prepared.

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Timeline

thank you for the reply.. :innocent: i havent talked to my husband (since all i can do is wait for his call...) :( i cant find the copy of his citizenship.... do u think they have one in the military and can i ask for a copy.. i have a power of attorney from him.. oh this so hard from me... im really having my sad nights lately... when i come home from work.. i fell so lonely and longing for his presence.... deployment is just starting and my heart is sinking now... but im proud him....

thank you for the reply.. :innocent: i havent talked to my husband (since all i can do is wait for his call...) :( i cant find the copy of his citizenship.... do u think they have one in the military and can i ask for a copy.. i have a power of attorney from him.. oh this so hard from me... im really having my sad nights lately... when i come home from work.. i fell so lonely and longing for his presence.... deployment is just starting and my heart is sinking now... but im proud him....

I know what you mean but hang in there, you will be fine! And take advantage of what your base has to offer! Maybe you can find some nice ladies at your FRG-meetings, they are all in the same situation as you. Or just getting out and going to the gym, or whatever to keep you busy, can help you adjust at first as well.

For the papers, I would personally wait a few days longer until he calls, since you still have a month. If you cannot get a hold of him and the date is approaching, I would talk to your FRG-leader or Rear D, they might be able to help.

If other avenues don't work you can always contact the legal office on base, or JAG for help. Deployment is a roller coaster of emotions - been there, done that, so don't beat yourself up for feeling emotional or bad sometimes. It goes with the territory. I'll pray he calls soon.

-Thai Mom

Timeline

thank you for the kind words.... its helps me.. with the emotional roller coster that im in right now... i work double shift so when i go home i just sleep.. i cnt help but cry whenever i think of him or whatever he is in right now... this is the hardest n most painful situation i've been through.. in the middle of the night u have no one to talk to about it.. jst reading military wife forum n try to find strength... look at our pictures n jst remember how much he loves me..huging the bear he gave n wearing his shirts n his dogtag...oh my... oh sorry for being so emtional.. thank u again n god bless us all

• 3 weeks later...
thank you for the kind words.... its helps me.. with the emotional roller coster that im in right now... i work double shift so when i go home i just sleep.. i cnt help but cry whenever i think of him or whatever he is in right now... this is the hardest n most painful situation i've been through.. in the middle of the night u have no one to talk to about it.. jst reading military wife forum n try to find strength... look at our pictures n jst remember how much he loves me..huging the bear he gave n wearing his shirts n his dogtag...oh my... oh sorry for being so emtional.. thank u again n god bless us all

Hi,

I'm sure that once you get through the first weeks, and you get a routine going, you will land on your feet.

However, should you have a really tough time, then know that there is always someone to talk to, and this 24/7.

These days there are some pretty amazing support programs tailored to military families dealing with deployment, so there is no need for you to go through this by yourself.

For example: you can call Military OneSource, via 1.800.342.9647. It is tollfree, so it does not cost you. They can help you - 24/7, so even at 3 AM - with anything from counseling to help you with deployment stress, info to help you locating child care, to even help you with what kind of tv would be best for you, if you are shopping for one.

You can also check them out online.

If you are nearby a base (especially a bigger one), you will probably also find counseling on post. They can usually meet you anywhere, except your home. And conversations are private (except for situations like child abuse, which they are obligated to report). You can get info about this via ACS.

Regardless of that, getting involved in your local FRG-group can help you get connected to some of the other families, as it can helpful to talk to other people who are going through the same thing.

And please do not hesitate to send me a message if you like. My husband is deployed too.

Take care!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malta
Timeline

Hi all!

my husband is in the military but might be a civilian working with the military very soon.... is it the same like when in the military if my husband gets based somewhere outside the USA? Does it still count like I (the spouse with CR-1) is on USA territory? Please advice.... because I'm really confused right now.

Thank you

N400 sent : 2012-10-27

Check Cashed : 2012-11-05

Bio Appointment : 2012-11-23

Walk-In Biometrics : 2012-11-14

Interview Appointment : 2013-04-12

Approved : 2013-04-12

Oath Ceremony : 2013-06-28

as1cCET0g410010MjA0MDk1c3wwMTMxbHxTaW5jZ

hi everyone, I just got married last october and i'm now a military spouse.. he's stationed in japan right now and we are just waiting for my travel document and command sponsorship for me to get there asap :)

this whole waiting and being physically away from each other is so hard..

i just said goodbye to my husband early this morning since his leave is over, and i am now here in Pennsylvania. I am tying to hard to strengthen up but it feels so hard being away. I miss him so much already.

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

hi everyone, I just got married last october and i'm now a military spouse.. he's stationed in japan right now and we are just waiting for my travel document and command sponsorship for me to get there asap :)

this whole waiting and being physically away from each other is so hard..

i just said goodbye to my husband early this morning since his leave is over, and i am now here in Pennsylvania. I am tying to hard to strengthen up but it feels so hard being away. I miss him so much already.

Unfortunately being apart from eachother for long periods of time is part of military life these days.

But look on the bright side: at least he is not in Iraq or Afhanistan right now, so you don't need to worry about that!

Plus you should get your travel documents soon enough.

Take care

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.