monnik

Good Morning & Happy Friday

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

For Gabi & baby Mehdi:

funny-pictures-dog-licks-kitten.jpg

Bridget: sorry you had to deal w/ ignorance this morning! (F)

Amal: Hope the kiddo gets what he needs to deal w/ his schoolwork (F) & agreed... bagels are da bomb!

Everyone else... Happy Friday! I'm whooped from overwork yesterday and thankful I have a "light" workload today. Up at the a$$crack of dawn tomorrow to have some maintenance on my car. :hehe:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

were married :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Had a beautiful cermony in SF yesterday :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Im so happyyyyyyyy

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Amal, i discovered my daughter was having math problems and these were things that I felt she should have known, i would go over and over these problems and she just wasnt getting it with how I was showing her and i then told her show me how you would get the answer and then she started doing these diagrams and I was never so puzzled in my life :blink: These schools are teaching children differently than the way how i was taught. No wonder she wasn't understanding it, I'm a college graduate and I still don't understand how they do their math. I cannot even help her with her math cause I am clueless how they problem solve. :angry: . A simple multiplication problem takes up about a half page on trying to get the answer according how the schools want them to solve their math problems.

I hope it gets better for your son.

Happy Friday! Workin' on my day off. Bleck. Found a new love in life....BAGELS... nothin' special but they're so gooey and chewey and so darned addictive. I LOVE fryin' up an egg, add a slice of deli sliced turkey, shredded cheddar cheese...*drool* place on delicious bagel of any flavor *slobber* .. they're also great for breakfast on the go. Virtually crumbless!

I really think my son has ADD or something coz he is doing horribly at school and just isn't picking it up like he should. How do I get him tested? We worked 2 hours on 3 math questions that he should have been able to figure out but he just looks at it and says "i dunno the answer" and seems to have no clue how to even go about finding it. Maybe he's just lazy??
:help:
I'm at a loss here coz this is one of the most important things he can learn (math) and I don't know what to do to help him
:crying:

Jax, where u b? I COULD NOT stay awake last night (just ask gabi) I was barely coherent. I feel like a ####### friend right now coz I haven't been able to call. DARN U CELL PHONE 9 O'CLOCK PLANS!!!
:ranting:
if it weren't for that phone bill, i'd make my nights start at 7 but just can't afford it right now...

Have a grrrrrreat Friday everyone!

(F)
amal
(F)

Congrats on the wedding!!! :dance:

were married
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Had a beautiful cermony in SF yesterday
:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Im so happyyyyyyyy

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Up at the a$$crack of dawn tomorrow to have some maintenance on my car. :hehe:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Happy Friday everyone!

I woke up a little late and missed my first class this morning--got dressed within minutes and ran out of the house to catch the next one....so i run out of the house to find that there's about a foot of snow...my jeans are a little long and i was wearing sneakers--so my feet were all mushy and wet by the time i got to the subway station--and i was making slushy noises while i was walking--ewww!! haha...THEN, my usual one hour commute turned into two hours, not because of the weather, but because there was debris on the tracks!! ugh!! oh, and i missed my other class, now i have a little break, then one more class and i am out!!

Hope everyone had a nicer start to their day!! Enjoyyy!! :)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I

am

FREEZING!!!!!

(back to Florida please...)

wuss :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
were married :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Had a beautiful cermony in SF yesterday :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Im so happyyyyyyyy

:thumbs: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Water Congrats on the Wedding and May your honeymoon last forever!

Yassmine the Baby pics are adorable. Congrats

Jackie I am so glad that God is blessing you and I pray that He continues. Great people deserve great things! Your Great!

Good Morning to all and Happy Friday. I am looking out the window at work watching it rain, But since we need the rain for all of the almond trees and all the other vegitation around here I guess it is good.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

For Gabi & baby Mehdi:

Bridget: sorry you had to deal w/ ignorance this morning! (F)

Amal: Hope the kiddo gets what he needs to deal w/ his schoolwork (F) & agreed... bagels are da bomb!

Everyone else... Happy Friday! I'm whooped from overwork yesterday and thankful I have a "light" workload today. Up at the a$$crack of dawn tomorrow to have some maintenance on my car. :hehe:

Where is Dawn? Does she know ur wakin up to her a$$ crack? Dawn, did u know u were this popular?? :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist!

Brig- U shoulda told her to go back to her home country...which, ancestrally (sp) ISN'T America either! then invited her over for some tea! lol

were married

Im so happyyyyyyyy

MABROOKULATIONSSSSS!!! I'M SOOOOOOO HAPPPPY FOR UUUUUUUU !!!

I wish you much joy and happiness with ur new hubster!

Amal, i discovered my daughter was having math problems and these were things that I felt she should have known, i would go over and over these problems and she just wasnt getting it with how I was showing her and i then told her show me how you would get the answer and then she started doing these diagrams and I was never so puzzled in my life :blink: These schools are teaching children differently than the way how i was taught. No wonder she wasn't understanding it, I'm a college graduate and I still don't understand how they do their math. I cannot even help her with her math cause I am clueless how they problem solve. :angry: . A simple multiplication problem takes up about a half page on trying to get the answer according how the schools want them to solve their math problems.

I hope it gets better for your son.

Happy Friday! Workin' on my day off. Bleck. Found a new love in life....BAGELS... nothin' special but they're so gooey and chewey and so darned addictive. I LOVE fryin' up an egg, add a slice of deli sliced turkey, shredded cheddar cheese...*drool* place on delicious bagel of any flavor *slobber* .. they're also great for breakfast on the go. Virtually crumbless!

I really think my son has ADD or something coz he is doing horribly at school and just isn't picking it up like he should. How do I get him tested? We worked 2 hours on 3 math questions that he should have been able to figure out but he just looks at it and says "i dunno the answer" and seems to have no clue how to even go about finding it. Maybe he's just lazy??
:help:
I'm at a loss here coz this is one of the most important things he can learn (math) and I don't know what to do to help him
:crying:

Jax, where u b? I COULD NOT stay awake last night (just ask gabi) I was barely coherent. I feel like a ####### friend right now coz I haven't been able to call. DARN U CELL PHONE 9 O'CLOCK PLANS!!!
:ranting:
if it weren't for that phone bill, i'd make my nights start at 7 but just can't afford it right now...

Have a grrrrrreat Friday everyone!

(F)
amal
(F)

Congrats on the wedding!!! :dance:

were married

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Im so happyyyyyyyy

I've asked him so many times to show me how they do it or how he would figure it out and just says to me "I don't know what to do" or "i don't understand this". If I read it to him SOMETIMES he will get it..but most of the time, just a blank stare. So I play 20 questions (coz I refuse to do the work for him) until he answers correctly and then I make him explain to me why that was the right answer. It's so stressful :(

I

am

FREEZING!!!!!

(back to Florida please...)

I'll trade ya!

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

Water, congratulations on the wedding! Monnik, congrats on the visa! And Yasmine, congrats on your new bundle of joy! Bridget, I think I know the book you're reading.......Three Cups of Tea........it's the story of Greg Mortenson but, I don't think he's the author. I agree, the beginning of the book is a little slow but it gets better. I attended a fundraiser and book signing a few months ago and he said that they had a really hard time finding a publishing company to accept the book and the reasons were interesting. The first chapter of the book is titled "Failure". One publishing company said that a book should not have a depressing opening chapter and insisted that the first chapter be called something more positive such as "Joy" or "Success". But, I remember him saying that he refused because his success in life came about only after he initially failed to reach his goals.......there can be success after failure. I found that inspiring.

It's our first snow day of the year and I was SOOOOOOOOOO happy to get to sleep in late this morning.

Have a nice day everyone.

Edited by m&n

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Timeline
Water, congratulations on the wedding! Monnik, congrats on the visa! And Yasmine, congrats on your new bundle of joy! Bridget, I think I know the book you're reading.......Three Cups of Tea........it's the story of Greg Mortenson but, I don't think he's the author. I agree, the beginning of the book is a little slow but it gets better. I attended a fundraiser and book signing a few months ago and he said that they had a really hard time finding a publishing company to accept the book and the reasons were interesting. The first chapter of the book is titled "Failure". One publishing company said that a book should not have a depressing opening chapter and insisted that the first chapter be called something more positive such as "Joy" or "Success". But, I remember him saying that he refused because his success in life came about only after he initially failed to reach his goals.......there can be success after failure. I found that inspiring.

It's our first snow day of the year and I was SOOOOOOOOOO happy to get to sleep in late this morning.

Oh I'm glad the book gets better! He actually did author the book but he had a co-author so I'm putting in my mind that the co-author sung the praises for him, otherwise it just seems too much like patting oneself on the back. Don't get me wrong, what he did was amazing and courageous but I just think that charity done in silence is a lot more valuable than that done for show.

How is your husband settling in? Has he had any major adjustments to make or is he finding the transition easy?

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

So far so good.......my husband is settling in OK thank God. He DOES NOT like the cold weather and will NOT go anywhere without his thermal underwear. :lol:

He likes going to the supermarkets and can not believe all of the different choices we have for any one item......like toothpaste for example......there was a whole aisle just for toothpaste & mouthwash. He also loved the self serve machines at the supermarket where you do your own checking out. When he used it the first time he kept saying out loud.....really loudly......Da 7aga momtaza.....meaning "this is something excellent!" It was funny. Eating out is fun and I love to watch him order off the menus and communicate with the waiters. I love chinese food :yes: and now we both know he does not :no:

He gets along great with my family and has gotten a chance to meet a few of my friends' spouses and that helps because I know he misses his friends and family back home. Now, he sits on the webcam and talks with them the way we did not too long ago.....it's weird sometimes when I wake up and find him next to me......I still can't believe it sometimes.

It's tough on a man when he's is not working, even if he doesn't come right out and say so..........so, we definitely need to find him a job cuz he's gonna get restless if he's not working soon.....so we're continuing to look and apply in many places. So far so good. One day at a time. Hope your hubby gets his visa soon.

Oh I'm glad the book gets better! He actually did author the book but he had a co-author so I'm putting in my mind that the co-author sung the praises for him, otherwise it just seems too much like patting oneself on the back. Don't get me wrong, what he did was amazing and courageous but I just think that charity done in silence is a lot more valuable than that done for show.

How is your husband settling in? Has he had any major adjustments to make or is he finding the transition easy?

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Timeline
So far so good.......my husband is settling in OK thank God. He DOES NOT like the cold weather and will NOT go anywhere without his thermal underwear. :lol:

He likes going to the supermarkets and can not believe all of the different choices we have for any one item......like toothpaste for example......there was a whole aisle just for toothpaste & mouthwash. He also loved the self serve machines at the supermarket where you do your own checking out. When he used it the first time he kept saying out loud.....really loudly......Da 7aga momtaza.....meaning "this is something excellent!" It was funny. Eating out is fun and I love to watch him order off the menus and communicate with the waiters. I love chinese food :yes: and now we both know he does not :no:

He gets along great with my family and has gotten a chance to meet a few of my friends' spouses and that helps because I know he misses his friends and family back home. Now, he sits on the webcam and talks with them the way we did not too long ago.....it's weird sometimes when I wake up and find him next to me......I still can't believe it sometimes.

It's tough on a man when he's is not working, even if he doesn't come right out and say so..........so, we definitely need to find him a job cuz he's gonna get restless if he's not working soon.....so we're continuing to look and apply in many places. So far so good. One day at a time. Hope your hubby gets his visa soon.

So far you're the second one who said their Egyptian husband doesn't like Chinese food! I wonder if there's a trend here? I'm glad he's transitioning smoothly!!!!

I know my husband will find it hard not working for the first few months but he's going to go to an ESL school which is held from 9am to 4pm M-F for one of the months so hopefully that will allow him to network and find some friends to hang out with during the other times. Are you near public transportation? I feel so lucky that we have the train station a few blocks away and the bus stop into Boston is just around the corner so he can go exploring while I"m at work.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

There is a train station about 10 minutes away but there are buses that pass from in front of our apartment complex that go to the train station, downtown, and elsewhere. That's been extremely helpful. He loves taking the buses and has memorized their schedules and I was impressed at how quickly he learned the names of roads and highways. So, yea.....having mass trasit nearby is important.

My husband is taking a conversation class that meets one night a week. He likes it and it gives him the chance to meet people from other nations. He said to me that in Egypt, most people are Egyptian. But in his class, he got to meet Korean, Japanese, Hispanic, Indian, and Chinese people to name a few. I never thought of it like that cuz I'm so used to living in a state that is so diverse.........so, his take was interesting.

He told me that his homework this week is to find 10 phrasal verbs and 10 idioms. I was like.......what's a phrasal verb? :unsure: He couldn't believe I didn't know and then said.....I'll teach you and started giving me all these examples like.......turn off the light.....take out the garbage.....he kept saying them and i said OK.....that's enough you're gonna drive me nuts with the phrasal verbs.....he was like.......that's an idiom.....you're gonna drive me nuts!!

So far you're the second one who said their Egyptian husband doesn't like Chinese food! I wonder if there's a trend here? I'm glad he's transitioning smoothly!!!!

I know my husband will find it hard not working for the first few months but he's going to go to an ESL school which is held from 9am to 4pm M-F for one of the months so hopefully that will allow him to network and find some friends to hang out with during the other times. Are you near public transportation? I feel so lucky that we have the train station a few blocks away and the bus stop into Boston is just around the corner so he can go exploring while I"m at work.

Edited by m&n

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.