Vann

Civil Surgeon and Vaccines

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello. My wife opted to have her vaccinations done here in America rather than at St. Lukes. The USCIS woman over the phone told us that a civil surgeon must do this.

Does the City Health Department have civil surgeons that can do this or do I need to go somewhere else?

Also--is there a cost for doing this in America? If so--how much?

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

September 25, 2006: Our first kiss :P

September 27, 2006: I proposed to her in person and she accepted! :)

December 20, 2006: Mailed I-129 K1 petition to Texas service Center

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

February 26, 2007: NOA1

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 23, 2007: Frantically prepared documents FedExed

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Interview date: after 8 agonising hours--APPROVED!!! :D

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

January 28, 2008: Marriage

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

USCIS person is miss-informed.

You can have family doctor, county health dept, local clinic, etc give the vaccinations, and if your fiancee thinks they had things like chicken pox or mumps when young, they can even get tested for immunity (titer test), and that will satisfy the CS.

You will then take test results, and vaccination record to CS for transfer to supplement.

Costs can vary from Free, to quite expensive if you have the CS do the vaccinations.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Vaccines cost too much here. You will have to pay about over a hundred dollars if all her vaccines are to be taken here. Though she can have it in City Health dept for a lesser rate but then you still have to pay for the civil surgeon to transcribe (I-693 form for AOS application) what she got in the health dept which would cost a lot as well. You can find a civil surgeon close to your area and just inquire for decision making. Just check this https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

I suggest to take her vaccines at St. Lukes and just take her TD shot here. Anyway, vaccines are included in what she's paying. That way, it would be cheaper for you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does she have health insurance? I got covered from husband's and was able to get the TD shot for free at Kaiser. Then I paid $35 to have my medical records transcribed to the I-693 which can only be done by a civil surgeon. But the immunization can be done by any physician or clinic. Try to look around from the list at USCIS. The rates of civil surgeons are very expensive. I called around here in San Francisco for more than 10 clinics and the price range are way too high. Good thing I was able to find a cheap one.

AOS TIMELINE:

02.25.2008 Mailed AOS packet

03.04.2008 Check cashed

03.03.2008 NOA dates for I-485, EAD, AP

03.05.2008 Biometrics Appointment notice date

03.19.2008 Biometrics Appointment

03.22.2008 RFE for missing (2) I-864 pages :(

03.24.2008 RFE mailed back

03.31.2008 RFE received and case processing resumed

04.28.2008 AP approval notice (dated 04.25.08)

04.30.2008 EAD approved

05.02.2008 Received AP in mail

05.05.2008 Received EAD in mail

07.10.2008 Received Interview letter

08.15.2008 Interview: Approved

08.26.2008 Green Card received

I suggest you call around to several civil surgeons in your area, the pricing can vary tremendously. We paid $70 for Claudeth's tetanus shot and for them filling out the supplemental. the CS should seal it in an envlope for you but should also make you a copy. You need to mail the sealed envelope to the USCIS with the AOS petition. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
Hello. My wife opted to have her vaccinations done here in America rather than at St. Lukes. The USCIS woman over the phone told us that a civil surgeon must do this.

Does the City Health Department have civil surgeons that can do this or do I need to go somewhere else?

If your wife is now on your health insurance... Many plans cover required vaccinations 100%....

YMMV

• 3 weeks later...

As I read here in this post, it is also an option to have the health department administer a TD shot as well? This is acceptable with USCIS, without the possibility of a rfe or denial? Here in this area there is only one CS, and his fee is outrageous.

David & Jenny

Removing Conditions

5-24-2010 - Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center via USPS (receipt/signature required)

5-25-2010 - Delivered to Vermont Service Center & Signed For

6-1-2010 - I-751 Receipt Notice Received in Mail (dated 5/26/10)

*time Passed

7-30-2010 - Biometrics date: August 13, 2010

8-13-2010 - Biometrics Finished

*time passed

8-30-2010 - email received 'card production ordered'

8-31-2010 - touch (updated on uscis as approved)

9-4-2010 - Received 10yr Green Card ** Now we relax **

USCIS people told me same thing... and they also gave me the addresses of doctors in Orlando who have the certification to do that for potential immigrants... we paid $250 which included all vaccines I needed + HIV, TB and syphilis test... after they gave me a sealed envelope to send to USCIS + my updated vaccination passport (list) for my future records..... at least now I know that I shouldn't worry about that anymore in my life as I have all vaccines required my American Health Care System... as living in Kazakhstan (former USSR Soviet Republic) we had different vaccination standards... :)

I hope it will help you :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

you can get the missing vaccinations at any doctor, doesnt have to be a registered civil surgeon. did your wife already have her medical in her home country?

the medical is valid for one year so you should file for aos before the year is over, otherwise you will have to get a new medical done in the us which can get really expensive. thats problably why elmira payed so much......

when you have all the required vaccinations you can take the vaccination sheet to a registerd civil surgeon to get it transfered to the I693a. theres a doctor in austin, tx you should call, she jsut charges $20 for the transfere. you can find her address in the pinned thread at the top of the forum.

blackribbonsmall.png

R.I.P Diana

1982 - 2008

K1 Timeline

01/13/2007 Sent I-129F to TSC

05/03/2007 Petition approved!!!

08/23/2007 INTERVIEW

09/12/2007 Frankfurt - JFK - Baltimore, MD

09//28/2007 applied for SSN

10/16/2007 CIVIL MARRIAGE

10/31/2007 SS Card finally arrived

AOS Timeline

11/13/2007 sent AOS package with AP and EAD

12/19/2007 biometrics in baltimore

01/09/2008 AOS transferred to CSC

01/12/2008 CEREMONY & RECEPTION

01/16/2008 EAD and AP in mail

02/14/2008 card production ordered, approved without interview

02/22/2008 GREEN CARD in mail

I751 Timeline

11/19/2009 sent I751 to VSC

11/21/2009 received at VSC

11/24/2009 check cashed

11/30/2009 received NOA dated 11/23/09

12/15/2009 early bio walk-in failed....

12/16/2009 request to reschedule sent

01/04/2010 biometrics in baltimore being rescheduled

01/20/2010 new biometrics

03/24/2010 card production ordered, approved without interview

03/29/2010 10 year GC in mail

you can get the missing vaccinations at any doctor, doesnt have to be a registered civil surgeon. did your wife already have her medical in her home country?

the medical is valid for one year so you should file for aos before the year is over, otherwise you will have to get a new medical done in the us which can get really expensive. thats problably why elmira payed so much......

when you have all the required vaccinations you can take the vaccination sheet to a registerd civil surgeon to get it transfered to the I693a. theres a doctor in austin, tx you should call, she jsut charges $20 for the transfere. you can find her address in the pinned thread at the top of the forum.

we actually paied so miuch because USCIS told us to do that... :( We called and a lady said that we need to have new one as HIV and TB expires after 3 months... when I told her that I came here with K-1 visa and I already had my medical exam in my country she didn't want to listen to me :( She said that I need to get new medical exam and it is an USCIS rule and if I don't want my AOS application to be refused I better follow these rules :( therefore my husband and myself thought that probably something changed within USCIS rules and got a new medical exam... all this AOS process confuses me more that I-129F :wacko:

Timeline
we actually paied so miuch because USCIS told us to do that... :( We called and a lady said that we need to have new one as HIV and TB expires after 3 months... when I told her that I came here with K-1 visa and I already had my medical exam in my country she didn't want to listen to me :( She said that I need to get new medical exam and it is an USCIS rule and if I don't want my AOS application to be refused I better follow these rules :( therefore my husband and myself thought that probably something changed within USCIS rules and got a new medical exam... all this AOS process confuses me more that I-129F :wacko:

That is why it is referred to as the USCIS MIS-Information line

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.