17 posts in this topic

I have my 2-year Permanant Resident card. It's due to be adjusted after June 6th. I sent off the form and a check a week or two back but have heard nothing yet.

I'd like to travel to the UK. Has anybody had any problems coming in and out with just the 2 year residence card and a UK passport?

The conditional card allows you multiple exits and entries but if it is due to expire you will need the I-751 extension NOA.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

The conditional card allows you multiple exits and entries but if it is due to expire you will need the I-751 extension NOA.

Oh I was planning to be back way before it expires. I was planning a trip out for 3 weeks. Back mid March. The card doesn't expire until June.

I have a different passport from when immigration stamped me in. Does that matter? I still have the old one with their stamp in it.

If the card expires in June then you've filed prematurely! You can't file until 90 days before the expiration.

The recorded message on their system said to file 6 months ahead. Their website says 3 months. I didn't take any chances so I filed ASAP. If it's 90 days then I'm only 3 weeks or so early.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
If the card expires in June then you've filed prematurely! You can't file until 90 days before the expiration.

The recorded message on their system said to file 6 months ahead. Their website says 3 months. I didn't take any chances so I filed ASAP. If it's 90 days then I'm only 3 weeks or so early.

They will not accept it though. You will have to refile on or after the 90 day mark. Sorry.

From I-751 instructions:

"If you are filing this petition jointly with your spouse, you must file it during the 90 days immediately before the second anniversary of the date you were accorded conditional resident status. This is the date your conditional residence expires."

Edited by Jenn!

They will not accept it though. You will have to refile on or after the 90 day mark. Sorry.

From I-751 instructions:

"If you are filing this petition jointly with your spouse, you must file it during the 90 days immediately before the second anniversary of the date you were accorded conditional resident status. This is the date your conditional residence expires."

I have heard nothing from them yet so until they write to say re-file or it's accepted then we don't know. All I know is that their recorded message said that due to delays they wanted applications 6 months ahead.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

From I-751 instructions:

I have heard nothing from them yet so until they write to say re-file or it's accepted then we don't know. All I know is that their recorded message said that due to delays they wanted applications 6 months ahead.

what recorded message are you listening to?

if you file the I-751 too early, it will be sent sent back to you.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

From I-751 instructions:

what recorded message are you listening to?

if you file the I-751 too early, it will be sent sent back to you.

Well, they cashed my check which indicates they accepted my application. Last time when I sent them stuff that was incorrect they sent the checks back with the application and a note as to what was wrong.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What number did you dial??? It would be great to me if I could really file it 6 months before my card expires!!!!

OUR JOURNEY

5/6 - I-129F Package sent to Texas Service Center

6/7 - 1st NOA received

6/27 - 2nd NOA received

8/8 - Our process was completed and forwarded to the US Embassy in Rio de Janeiro

9/14 - Received packet 3 (instruction packet)

9/23 - Sent the Packet 3 back to the US Embassy

10/3 - Got my interview date!!!

11/7 - Interview date. I wasn't approved, needed a co-sponsor

11/24 - Sent co-sponsor's I-134 to the US Consulate

11/25 - Visa Approved

12/13- Arrived in the US. POE: Atlanta

2/11- Our wedding!

AOS

04/24- I-485/EAD sent to Chicago

05/05- both NOA1

05/30- Biometrics in SC

06/01- AOS/EAD "touched"

06/03- RFE sent to me

06/09- Received RFE letter - Mailed back overnight

07/03- EAD "touched"

07/07- EAD approved/mailed

07/10- EAD card received

09/13- Interview

09/29- Rec'd Green Card

I-751

06/23 - Packet sent to VSC

06/30 - NOA

07/24 - Bio. appoint. letter recv'd

07/28 - Request for reescheduling sent

08/22 - New Bio appoint. letter recv'd

08/25 - Bio done in SC

08/26 - Touched

What number did you dial??? It would be great to me if I could really file it 6 months before my card expires!!!!

I used the freephone number on the website. I wanted to talk to a person but had to make do with a recorded message. I believe they said something about some events that happened a couple of years ago that had increased their backlogs.

• 2 weeks later...

I used the freephone number on the website. I wanted to talk to a person but had to make do with a recorded message. I believe they said something about some events that happened a couple of years ago that had increased their backlogs.

Well, today I had a date for my biometrics appointment - 20th March!

Looks like filing a couple of weeks ahead of the 90 days they say on the website didn't hurt at all. The spoken message said anytime in the preceding 6 months. Then it said something about an influx from the Caribbean causing the delays.

Well, today I had a date for my biometrics appointment - 20th March!

Looks like filing a couple of weeks ahead of the 90 days they say on the website didn't hurt at all. The spoken message said anytime in the preceding 6 months. Then it said something about an influx from the Caribbean causing the delays.

That is interesting!

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.