Me 2

passport photo

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I believe i have the ability to make my own passport photo which is required for the I-129 petition,.... will this be acceptable? Or does it have to be done by a "passport photo professional"?

There is so much info. on how to make this photo correctly, that i can only think they give these details for the average Joe so he can do it him/herself. I mean why give all this info. to the "passport photo professional"? They already know how to.

bp

I believe i have the ability to make my own passport photo which is required for the I-129 petition,.... will this be acceptable? Or does it have to be done by a "passport photo professional"?

There is so much info. on how to make this photo correctly, that i can only think they give these details for the average Joe so he can do it him/herself. I mean why give all this info. to the "passport photo professional"? They already know how to.

bp

You can find the specification here: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/Photo%20Guide%2010-01-04.pdf :thumbs:

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

bp

Of course you (or anyone with a digital camera) can do it yourself... the specs are there.

For me though - $7.00 and a trip to Walgreen's was worth it - didn't have to worry if the background was right, or the angle or the size..etc :thumbs:

bp

If you send in a home made passport pic it may not be good enough and so not to hold up any processing i would definitely go to a professional Photo Store and have it done. The cost is not a lot of money and well worth it and it's safer.

Make life simple as possible when your dealing with USCIS ...that's just my thoughts :)

Good Luck

Michelle

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I would go to photo booth or shop to have it done, certainly not worth a rfe becuase it is not the exact format they require.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

If you go to Walgreens or some pharmacy or photo place where they take Passport pictures then you can almost always have it done correctly. Most of them know the specifications.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, you can. I've made several photos for passports and visas for family, friends, and clients. The key is triple lighting to eliminate shadows and the correct positioning and sizing of the subject. As long as you follow the exact specifications they can be better quality than the ones you pay for!

Use this helpful guide...Photo Specifications

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
If you go to Walgreens or some pharmacy or photo place where they take Passport pictures then you can almost always have it done correctly. Most of them know the specifications.

Just a word of caution......

I first went to a Walgreen's for my last passport style photo. While the photos they gave me met the dimensional specs, the images were not sharp enough to reveal detail (per specs) as required (in my opinion). Also, they didn't have sufficient lighting to eliminate all shadows. I gave them back, got a refund, and went to my local AAA office where I got much better quality photos at about the same price.

My point is that you shouldn't rely on "professionals" to give you what you need. Whether you make the photos yourself or have them taken by someone else, it's YOUR responsibility to ensure that what you've got meets the specifications.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.